tgv speed record at 574.8kmh - 357.16mph
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 3, 2007
(france 2 coverage-couverture france 2)
The french TGV (train à grande vitesse, High speed train) sets a new conventional rail record, with a speed of 574.8 kmh. The record was established on April 3,2007, surpassing the previous record of 1990 (515.3kmh). The train is a special tgv, named "V150" (for 150 met/sec, ca. 540kmh)with a souded-up engine (25,000hp, like two F1 starting grids), and larger wheels.
This is a test run, in order to make the train able to run at a 360+ kph in commercial services.
Coverage of the final sequence is provided by a plane. The speedmeter show a speed computed via GPS, explaining the difference (0.1kph) with the actual speed.
Technology is based on research from all around the world: UK, with the first railways, Japan, who created the first HSL, Italy who imported it in Europe. France with the TGV, Germany with the ICE. This train being actually an "hybrid" of French and German tech. Today China enters the big game, perfecting tech from Germany. Argentina, Morocco, and Saudi Arabia are currently planning several high speed line. The US might have a HSL in the next decade.
And don't forget those machines runs on AC, thanks to the Serbian-American Nikola Tesla. And finally, thanks to that Sumerian guy who invented the wheel, thousands of years ago. Keep in mind that we all stand "on the shoulder of giants". Whatever our nationality is, technology and science is ultimately shared between us all.
Le TGV atteint la vitesse de 574.8 kmh, établissant un nouveau record du monde de vitesse sur rail. Le record est établi le 3 avril 2007, surpassant le précédent record de 1990 (515.3kmh). Le train est un tgv spécial, avec des moteurs survitaminés (25,000 cv, l'équivalent de deux grilles de départ de F1), des roues plus larges...
Anchorwomen: Françoise Laborde
Consultant: Clive Lamming
Reporters: Martin Gouesse (onboard), Alban Mikoczy
Standard YouTube License
- 1:23 Awesome railroad machineby txbarefoot007Featured 2,711,003
- 2:40 Fastest Train 574 km/h - watch the top left speedby TheDeficits 3,319,517 views
- 4:49 Thrust SSC -over the sound barrier !by the2jakes 3,073,499 views
- 0:53 ROTEL TOURS (ROLLING HOTEL) ECCENTRIC MERCEDES BENZ BUSby raunet 215,353 views
- 9:20 TGV speed record 574,8 km/hby sancsab 512,025 views
- 4:13 MUST WATCH! CLOSE CALL! NS 156 Street Running down 6th Street! AWESOME HORN ACTION/CONSIST!by rsideballa75 3,493,595 views
- 1:29 Difficult startby Patrick Ackerman 667,939 views
- 1:00 SBB ETR 610 Testdriveby TheMoonrail 359,338 views
- 54 videos Play all High Speed Trainsby ramadurai558
- 1:10 Video of crashed China bullet trains after collision kills 35by RussiaToday 1,937,333 views
- 0:58 acela express kicking up piles of snow!@Kingstonby acelaboy123 578,641 views
- 2:59 Japan's New High Speed Bullet Train Hayabusaby HotStuffavenue 462,149 views
- 1:23 Train Crash Test @ 160km/h (99.4 Miles) into 50 tonne Metal Blockby John Smith 3,184,925 views
- 1:10 ICE at 250 km/h. Sengeberg tunnel.by Fiorekolej 536,214 views
- 0:51 !!!Maglev Insane Speed!!! 28454 Km/h - TRS 2006by StrelokSTK 249,966 views
- 4:53 Eurostar TGV to Avignonby eurodestination 678,349 views
- 0:23 Most Expensive acting lawn mower in world!by n859 4,732,913 views
- 5:24 30 High-Speed Trains in 5 minutes± (TGV, Thalys, Eurostar, ICE-3)by aexpogby 208,237 views
- wildcop's Tube 新幹線と自衛隊 166 videos2K
- 7:37 German Transrapid Emsland 500 km/hby TransrapidSupporter 321,138 views
- 4:38 【HD】 Japanese Bullet Train SHINKANSEN 500 series NOZOMI 新幹線500系by newsdirecter 1,418,840 views
- 2:03 TGV, record de vitesse : 574,8 km/h (03/04/2007)by lilozzzz 271,109 views