Ron Paul House Floor Speech on Iraq (October 8, 2002)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 3, 2007
(C-SPAN) Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) spoke about Iraq during a House floor speech on October 8, 2002.
(October 2, 2002) Joint Resolution [by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress] to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq
(House of Representatives - October 8, 2002) Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002. Full transcript of Ron Paul's statement opposing the Authorization.
(House of Representatives - October 8, 2002) Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002. Congressional Record of the session.
(House of Representatives - October 16, 2001) "Mr. HYDE. Madam Speaker, I move to suspend the rules and pass the Senate bill (S. 1465) to authorize the President to exercise waivers of foreign assistance restrictions with respect to Pakistan through September 30, 2003, and for other purposes."
Ron Paul voted against the 2002 Iraq resolution.
Said there is "no convincing evidence that Iraq is capable of threatening the security of this country." Stands against the preemptive strike.
In the Christian doctrine of Just War, the proper authority must be responsible for initiating the war, that proper authority cannot be transferred to the President nor to the United Nations. Going to war through the back door (the UN).
There's no act of agression. Iraq, an impoverish, 3rd world nation. Congress must assume responsibility for the declaration of war.
The Iraq Position Locator:
Against the war.
Supported Bush's decision to go to war but has said that the postinvasion period was "mismanaged."
Supported the invasion then, supports it now.
Strongly supported the war from the beginning. Voted for and co-sponsored the 2002 resolution.
Voted to authorize the use of force in Iraq in October 2002.
Voted to authorize the war, urging Bush to use this "awesome responsibility" only "as a last resort."
Opposed the war from the start. "Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors," he said in 2002.
Voted to authorize the war in 2002, declaring that the United States must "eliminate the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction."
Voted to authorize the war in 2002.
Voted against the 2002 joint Iraq resolution. Warned that using force without first exhausting diplomatic methods "will be harmful to our war on terrorism."
Standard YouTube License
- 6:22 Ron Paul predictions in 2002.......Still think he's crazy???by Project: Liberty Defined Featured 19,644
- 58:38 The Iraq War: Regime Change Documentary 2013 (BBC) Saddam's weapons of mass destructionby interviewpostmatch31,714 views
- 25:44 Ron Paul Warns of 2nd American Revolution if Obama Bans Guns with EOby TheAlexJonesChannel220,598 views
- 12:14 Ron Paul's Greatest Debate Performance Ever (10-18-2011)by KramerDSP574,446 views
- 5:47 Ron Paul's 2002 Predictions Come Trueby jaralero68,923 views
- 10:24 Ron Paul Fights Back: Iraq is not Nazi Germanyby jaralero29,186 views
- 10:00 Ron Paul's Words of Warning From 1983 to 2008by KramerDSP223,913 views
- 14:06 Ron Paul Destroys MSNBC's Alex Wagner On Syriaby djgabrielpresents84,615 views
- 8:47 This Video Changed My Life: 'Ron Paul: Stop Dreaming'by aravoth2544,510 views
- 1:16:08 Inside the Iraq Warby AhTvInc182,228 views
- 59:16 The Iraq War It's Hell, Mr President BBC full documentary 2013 Iraq story up to date Episode 3by ramkajilal84,055 views
- 26:03 How Ron Paul Was Cheated Out Of Presidencyby ThinkOutsideTheTV159,094 views
- 15:09 Ron Paul: "This real-estate bubble will burst, as all bubbles do" (part 3)by RonPaulClassics12,918 views
- 7:22 Ron Paul - Some Big Events Are About To Occurby Illusion of Power416,112 views
- 5:52 Ron Paul's 2002 Predictions All Come True - Incredible Video!by KramerDSP329,183 views
- 8:14 Ron Paul is Bill Maher's New Heroby RonPaul2008dotcom1,811,280 views
- 5:26 Ron Paul: War with Iran has already been decided by the Financial Eliteby lyricus884,734 views
- 13:41 Ron Paul Courageously Speaks the Truthby RonPaul2008dotcom2,320,980 views
- 3:29 Ron Paul: What If? (speech on House floor 2/12/09)by minnesotachris95,280 views
- 7:59 Sept. 20, 2001 - Bush Declares War on Terrorby ConspiracyWorld484,302 views
- Loading more suggestions...