This video is unavailable.
Ron Paul House Floor Speech on Iraq (October 8, 2002)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 3, 2007
(C-SPAN) Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) spoke about Iraq during a House floor speech on October 8, 2002.
(October 2, 2002) Joint Resolution [by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress] to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq
(House of Representatives - October 8, 2002) Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002. Full transcript of Ron Paul's statement opposing the Authorization.
(House of Representatives - October 8, 2002) Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002. Congressional Record of the session.
(House of Representatives - October 16, 2001) "Mr. HYDE. Madam Speaker, I move to suspend the rules and pass the Senate bill (S. 1465) to authorize the President to exercise waivers of foreign assistance restrictions with respect to Pakistan through September 30, 2003, and for other purposes."
Ron Paul voted against the 2002 Iraq resolution.
Said there is "no convincing evidence that Iraq is capable of threatening the security of this country." Stands against the preemptive strike.
In the Christian doctrine of Just War, the proper authority must be responsible for initiating the war, that proper authority cannot be transferred to the President nor to the United Nations. Going to war through the back door (the UN).
There's no act of agression. Iraq, an impoverish, 3rd world nation. Congress must assume responsibility for the declaration of war.
The Iraq Position Locator:
Against the war.
Supported Bush's decision to go to war but has said that the postinvasion period was "mismanaged."
Supported the invasion then, supports it now.
Strongly supported the war from the beginning. Voted for and co-sponsored the 2002 resolution.
Voted to authorize the use of force in Iraq in October 2002.
Voted to authorize the war, urging Bush to use this "awesome responsibility" only "as a last resort."
Opposed the war from the start. "Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors," he said in 2002.
Voted to authorize the war in 2002, declaring that the United States must "eliminate the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction."
Voted to authorize the war in 2002.
Voted against the 2002 joint Iraq resolution. Warned that using force without first exhausting diplomatic methods "will be harmful to our war on terrorism."
Standard YouTube License
- 12:14 Ron Paul's Greatest Debate Performance Ever (10-18-2011)by KramerDSP 509,208 views
- 5:47 Ron Paul's 2002 Predictions Come Trueby jaralero 68,260 views
- 9:51 The Amazingly Accurate Predictions of Ron Paulby RonPaul2008dotcom 183,077 views
- 8:47 This Video Changed My Life: 'Ron Paul: Stop Dreaming'by aravoth2 468,108 views
- 59:26 The Iraq War Regime Change BBC full documentary 2013 Historical ,political and factualby interviewpostmatch 9,717 views
- Ron Paul 111,003 videos8K
- 5:26 Ron Paul: War with Iran has already been decided by the Financial Eliteby lyricus8 80,382 views
- 15:00 Iraq, lo que no quieren que sepamos! (Muy duro +18 años) 1/4by trufault 1,746 views
- 7:59 Sept. 20, 2001 - Bush Declares War on Terrorby ConspiracyWorld 424,400 views
- 13:41 Ron Paul Courageously Speaks the Truthby RonPaul2008dotcom 2,285,455 views
- 6:01 Ron Paul on Afghanistan, U.S. House Floor, 03/17/11by campaignforliberty 28,650 views
- 7:14 Jon Stewart: China Got Iraq Oil? Bush Bombed And Invaded Them And This Is How They Repay Us?!by PrankMasterKing 13,956 views
- 9:26 Christopher Hitchens Debates Jon Stewart on Iraqby Mick drew 221,409 views
- 5:52 Ron Paul's 2002 Predictions All Come True - Incredible Video!by KramerDSP 315,937 views
- 8:14 Ron Paul is Bill Maher's New Heroby RonPaul2008dotcom 1,789,045 views
- 58:38 The Iraq War: Regime Change Documentary 2013 (BBC) Saddam's weapons of mass destructionby interviewpostmatch 3,553 views
- 3:00 Barack Obama on Iraq, Opposition from the Startby BarackObamadotcom 412,777 views
- 16:17 Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) Floor Speech Before Bailout Voteby tpmtv 134,722 views
- 5:29 Enough Is Enough!by CongressmanRonPaul 294,279 views
- 1:05:32 Candidates@Google: Ron Paulby AtGoogleTalks 817,597 views
- 15:09 Ron Paul: "This real-estate bubble will burst, as all bubbles do" (part 3)by RonPaulClassics 12,513 views
- Loading more suggestions...