This video is unavailable.
The Last Drum Rack You'll Ever Have to Make - Ableton Live Tutorial
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 24, 2012
More info: http://bit.ly/KtFLU1
In this new video tutorial, Dubspot Instructor and sound programmer-extraordinaire Chris Petti shows you how to create a Drum Rack that will possibly be The Last Drum Rack You'll Ever Have to Make in Ableton Live! A bold state indeed, as Petti acknowledges, but then proceeds to explain and demonstrate step by step how you can macro map to select and switch between Live's rack devices and Sampler for endless permutations and customizations. This technique has been demonstrated by artist and educator Ill Gates.
Here is a bit of a switch-up for you; me in an Ableton Live video tutorial! Most of the time you see me in these videos using Propellerhead's Reason, but as I always tell everyone, I use a number of different tools. Each one of these tools has it's own slew of tricks and workflow functions that allow it to do something faster or smoother than another tool. This technique is too cool to keep to myself. I actually do teach it to my Ableton students at Dubspot here in NYC, and now everyone will learn it and use it if they choose to.
In this video I will be showing you how to create what might be the last Drum Rack you will ever need to make. I realize that this may sound a bit sensational and over the top, but as you will see, the resulting Drum Rack will allow for endless permutations to create custom kits with. Just to give you a little ramp up to the technicalities involved; Ableton Live's rack devices and the Sampler, in this case, possess up to 128 chains, and we can set up macro mappings to select and switch between them. Understanding this is the fundamental basis for how this Drum Rack is achieved.
So, I hope that you enjoy and understand the technique. Remember this is ultimately to aid and abed your final goal - making great music. Until next time. - Chris Petti
Standard YouTube License
- 50 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 12:47 Ableton Live Tips #7: Vocal Effect Techniques (Radiohead, Nosaj Thing)by DubSpotFeatured 130,748
- 24:49 Ableton Live Tutorial: 'Sound Design w/ Common Objects' - Chris Petti @ Decibel Festivalby DubSpot 27,242 views
- 13:22 Ableton Live Video Tutorial: Beat Programming - Routing MIDI to Drum Rackby DubSpot 31,528 views
- 19:06 The Petti Test Ep.4: Reverse Engineering Joker's "Tron" / Creating Heavy Synth Bass Soundsby DubSpot 28,172 views
- 10:05 Ableton Live Tutorial: Flying Lotus' 'Camel' - Beat Deconstruction pt 1by DubSpot 73,055 views
- 31:18 All about chords, scales and melody - Ableton Tutorial Tuesdayby ARTFXSTUDIOS 31,892 views
- Sonic Academy 233 videos30K
- 9:20 Ableton Live - Create Sick Skrillex Dubstep Basses With Ableton Sounds & FXby Loopmasters 79,817 views
- 7:54 Glitch Using Ableton's Arpeggiatorby ryandmca 46,632 views
- 57:41 High Rankin Music Production Masterclass - Dubstep in Ableton Liveby Point Blank Music School 60,152 views
- 8 videos Play all Ill Gatesby shaunwobbletek
- 9:32 Ski Beatz - Unique techniques with Ableton Liveby AbletonInc 349,486 views
- 56:36 ideas for breakdowns and build ups (electro house)by cosmcosm 185,544 views
- 8:54 MIDI drum patterns made EASY in Ableton Live with drum racks HD tutorialby DJ Vespers 33,430 views
- 7:02 Ableton Live - Organise Your Samples - Using Drum Racks Part 1/3by Loopmasters 20,592 views
- 10:34 Deadmau5 - Strobe (Ableton and E-SX live set with iPad, Launchpad and SH-201)by Neirbo888 1,637,013 views
- 23:20 Tutorial: How to Make Nasty Filtered Bass in Massive & Abletonby DJ Vespers 86,410 views
- 7:26 Ableton Live - Sculpt Your Kicks Sounds - Using Drum Racks Part 2/3by Loopmasters 22,350 views
- 12:40 Make music with Ableton Liveby AbletonInc 965,041 views
- 5:42 How to make your drums punchy - Reason Sound Designby PropellerheadSW 34,029 views
- 1:18:52 TECHPROTORIAL COMING IN JULY 2013 - Beginners in Ableton Live - How To Create an Instrument Rackby PaulGerald Campbell 37,151 views
- 6:28 Secrets to making layered beats in Ableton Sampler Pt 1 of 2by DJ Vespers 41,174 views
- Loading more suggestions...