Improv "Sketch Comedy" Evolves into Improv "Situation Comedy" Sat. 2:30pm cultradiaoagogo.com
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 24, 2013
This Saturday, January 26, at 2:30 pm ET / 11:30 am PT, "The Joe Bev 3-Hour Block" will include radio comedy, classic jazz and cartoons, starting with The Comedy-O-Rama Hour, then The Jazz-O-Rama Hour and The Joe Bev Experience following. Listen online for free at http://www.cultradioagogo.com.
On this week's Comedy-O-Rama Hour, Sgt. Lefty joins a Mustang club, takes his son horseback riding, makes a pot of azuki beans and Chinese dumplings for his girlfriend Olive Pitts (Lorie Kellogg). The creator of the weekly radio hour, Joe Bevilacqua (Joe Bev) voices both Lefty and his adopted son Andy, something he admits he could only do in audio.
"My two characters really interact a lot in this week's show, so I did a lot of talking to myself!" laughs Bevilacqua, who maps out the plot of each hour and improvises the dialogue, not from a studio but in the real world, including the woods of Napanoch, NY.
"I even cooked beans over my kitchen stove while we recorded this week's story. When we were finished we had both a new hour radio situation comedy AND a pot of cooked beans!"
Also on this week's Comedy-O-Rama, Jim Folly returns as Lil Jimmy, who loan sharks Stinky (Kenny Savoy). Ellis and Adam (Joe Bev), as Elise and Mrs. Terwilliger (Lorie Kellogg) are still cleaning up after the Camp's party when the Kerhonkson police show up.
Meanwhile, Andy (Joe Bev) critiques Lkie's (Lorie Kellogg) and mud pies, and there is still a line of elder folks blocking the gates, demanding tickets to a "thingamabob".
Now in its 46th week on Cult Radio-A-Go-Go! (and its 105th since 2002 including the Sirius XM broadcasts), The Comedy-O-Rama Hour is produced by Joe Bevilacqua (Joe Bev).
The show had a four year successful run on Sirius XM Radio. Since returning, Comedy-O-Rama has attracted such celebrity guests as Rick Overton, Stuart Pankin, Bob Camp, Phil Proctor, June Foray, Nancy Cartwright, Bob Greenberg, Julie Newmar, and Judy Tentua.
Joe Bev attributes the positive response to his radio show as a sign today's audiences are craving radio theater.
"We are creating a fully realized storyline every week, with continuing characters, sound effects, music, full production values... plus we're funny!" says Bev, who performs half the characters on the show.
The couple have been working together since they met in 1996. They recently toured with their Vaudeville in the Catskills stage show, in which they performed "Lambchops" the classic Burns and Allen comedy routine, and Bev MCd and performed the classic Abbott and Costello routine Who's On First? with Bob Greenberg. A second tour is planned for 2013 (TBA).
Archived Comedy-O-Rama Hours are now podcast on iTunes at:
More about Waterlogg Productions at http://www.waterlogg.com.
Bevilacqua says of his troupe:
"One of the funniest guys I know is Kenny Savoy. Kenny can do voices and read a script as well as any actor I know, but what makes Kenny special is is bright open upbeat personality. He lifts the energy of everyone he meets."
"Kenny is also a great improviser. When we toured as Liquid Comedy--after the rest of us struggled before the audience with parodies of current TV shows and juvenile dialogues--Kenny brought down the house by pulling out his harmonica and ad-libbing a hilarious and clever blues song. I can also count on Kenny as a close and trusted friend. I look forward to many more years of making people laugh with Kenny Savoy!"
"The script, which I completed... poured out of me because I was inspired. I was writing it to showcase the talents of Jim Folly, the funniest man alive!"
"Jim has been a member of Liquid Comedy since we formed it in 1979. Jim is Don Rickles, Chico Marx and Allen Jenkins all rolled into one!"
Joe Bevilacqua is a veteran radio theater producer and voice actor. He also works on stage and is the winner of the 2012 New York TANYS Award for Excellence in Acting. He has performed at the Improv, Caroline's on Broadway, Catch a Rising Star, the Comic Strip, opened for Uncle Floyd, worked with Al Franken, Shelley Berman, Lewis Black and Rick Overton. Joe has also MC'd shows featuring Jerry Seinfeld, Bill Mahr and Gilbert Gottfried. He has been regularly heard on National Public Radio and Sirius-XM Radio and has produced hundreds of hours of audiobooks.
Lorie Kellogg is the co-producer. Kellogg started her education at the Kansas City Art Institute. There she studied painting, printmaking, photography, commercial design and video. She continued to Graduate School at the California Institute of the Arts where she received her MFA in Film/Video. Lorie is a graphic designer creating websites, logos, newsletters, newspaper & magazine layout, package design, ad design, and edits video & audio.
Standard YouTube License
- 47:40 How to Write Comedy - Jerry Writes 15 Jokes in 30 minutes (No Music)by Jerry Corley42,142 views
- 8:25 Super Comedy Skit by Pisharadiby Asianetglobal34,284 views
- 19:04 Vinod Kovoor's Jallian Kanaran | Awesome Comedy Skitby HasBasBros107,816 views
- 14:56 TV INTROS TO 18 SHORT-LIVED SITCOMS OF THE 70sby RwDt0979,882 views
- 7:55 Joe Bevilacqua & Bob Greenberg - Tribute to Bud & Louby Lorie Kellogg19 views
- 1:36:54 Micetro du 1 mars 2012 improvisation théâtrale qui réunit les meilleures troupes d'impro de Parisby Canal Impro8,844 views
- 2:55 Don Rickles on Sinatra 40 years in showbizby fogerty tom132,493 views
- 8:51 Don Rickles on Larry King Live, 2 of 2by Jeff Miller13,654 views
- 8:43 Top 10 Television Sitcoms of the 1970sby WatchMojo.com47,209 views
- 5:43 Key & Peele: Flickerby Comedy Central4,650,061 views
- 10:00 1980s Sitcom Intros (1 of 3)by ZestoTV92,809 views
- 3:25 The Girl You Wish You Hadn't Started A Conversation With At A Partyby News Daily154,028 views
- 8:04 Single Mom Comic Who Holds Nothing Back! - Lisa Alvarado - CafeMom Comedy Club - Episode 6by CafeMom Studios2,158 views
- 3:12 Малкият крадец :) / Little crook :)by Dyakona Productions217 views
- 1:15 Don Rickles vs Joy Beharby akpwnz228,791 views
- 10:50 TEDxVictoria - Dave Morris: The Way of Improvisationby TEDxTalks76,852 views
- 23:21 'Ellen' Season 1, Episode 1by SuperDeGeneresFan31,224 views
- 4:22 Rick Overton Visits Camp Waterlogg on the Comedy-O-Rama Hour.by Lorie Kellogg18 views
- 6:58 Top 10 Television Sitcoms of the 1990sby WatchMojo.com117,323 views
- 6:03 Joe and Bob as Bud and Lou at the FRIARS WOUNDED WARRIORS Eventby Lorie Kellogg8 views
- Loading more suggestions...