Romney Family Owns Voting Machines - Is This Right?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 22, 2012
"Tagg Romney, the son of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, has purchased electronic voting machines that will be used in the 2012 elections in Ohio, Texas, Oklahoma, Washington and Colorado.
"Late last month, Gerry Bello and Bob Fitrakis at FreePress.org broke the story of the Mitt Romney/Bain Capital investment team involved in H.I.G. Capital which, in July of 2011, completed a "strategic investment" to take over a fair share of the Austin-based e-voting machine company Hart Intercivic," according to independent journalist Brad Friedman.
But Friedman is not the only one to discover the connection between the Romney family, Bain Capital, and ownership of voting machines.
Truth out reports:
"Through a closely held equity fund called Solamere, Mitt Romney and his wife, son and brother are major investors in an investment firm called H.I.G. Capital. H.I.G. in turn holds a majority share and three out of five board members in Hart Intercivic, a company that owns the notoriously faulty electronic voting machines that will count the ballots in swing state Ohio November 7. Hart machines will also be used elsewhere in the United States.
In other words, a candidate for the presidency of the United States, and his brother, wife and son, have a straight-line financial interest in the voting machines that could decide this fall's election. These machines cannot be monitored by the public. But they will help decide who "owns" the White House."
Both The Nation and New York Times confirm the connection between the Romney family, Solamere and the Bain Capital investment in the voting machine company, Hart Intercivic, whose board of directors serve H.I.G. Capital."* Cenk Uygur breaks down why he thinks the idea of a political candidate owning machines used to count votes for or against him is inherently flawed and subject to criticism.
*Read more from Allvoices:
Support The Young Turks by Subscribing http://bit.ly/TYTonYouTube
Like Us on Facebook: http://www.fb.com/tytnation
Follow Us on Twitter: http://bit.ly/OkX87X
Buy TYT Merch: http://theyoungturks.spreadshirt.com/
Find out how to watch The Young Turks on Current by clicking here: http://www.current.com/gettyt
Standard YouTube License
Next in The Young Turks Show YouTube Playlist October 22, 2012
- 5:12 Obama Rips Romney in Final Debate - The Best Linesby The Young Turks206,780 views
- 3:59 Man Shows Up at His Own Funeralby The Young Turks274,392 views
- 3:01 Students Suspended for Seeing Teacher in Bra on School iPadby The Young Turks338,373 views
- 5:19 Snoop Dogg On Mitt Romney, Obamaby The Young Turks236,449 views
- 1:40:37 Second Presidential Debate: Obama vs. Romney (Town Hall, Complete HD)by The Daily Conversation229,511 views
- 4:33 Amanda Todd: 'Anonymous' Seeks Revengeby The Young Turks493,835 views
- 8:10 Pero Tenemos Patria: Elecciones Municipales - Vota por Ella (Episodio 9)by Pero Tenemos Patria141,353 views
- 6:26 Jon Stewart Crushes Bill O'Reilly In Debateby The Young Turks1,031,015 views
- 6:02 Lance Armstrong's Titles Stripped- 'Biggest Crisis' Ever?by The Young Turks45,335 views
- 3:35 Homeless Former Crip Saves Officer in Fight (Video)by The Young Turks289,200 views
- 7:14 Amanda Todd: Bullied Teen Commits Suicideby The Young Turks2,315,804 views
- 6:46 Vice Presidential Debate - Who Won?by The Young Turks110,692 views
- 1:40 ALERT: 2012 Voting Machines Caught Altering Votes TODAYby David Pakman Show353,041 views
- 9:28 Rigged Voting Machines!!!by TyredUvBS24,949 views
- 7:26 Romney's '12 Million Jobs' - Real Math Breakdownby The Young Turks51,296 views
- 3:25 Who Owns Voting Machines?by David Pakman Show163,103 views
- 3:14 Chevy Chase Uses N-Word in Rant On Set, Halts Productionby The Young Turks67,816 views
- 2:08 Romney's Son Tagg Invests In Voting Machinesby Tomthunkit1,219 views
- 6:16 Devastating: Mitt Romney Flip Flop Videosby The Young Turks195,241 views