The Second Amendment - Thank You Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 11, 2013
"Shall not be infringed" is a simple to understand and non-negotiable statement.
Rights Watch International
Sign the petition to STOP THE OBAMA GUN BAN!
Now is the time to raise a collective voice as responsible gun owners. Please take the time to draft a letter to the elected officials representing you. Without your input they can not represent you effectively.
Contact your Representative here:
Contact your Senator here: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact...
POPVOX • Your Voice - Verified - Quantified - Amplified
FOR YOUR REFERENCE
GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
THE NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION
THE U.S. CONSTITUTION
THE BILL OF RIGHTS
One of the biggest challenges facing our country is the erosion and constant assault of our basic freedoms. Without that foundation, laid out by our founding documents, all other challenges are mere nails in the coffin of a great country. We have slowly given away civil liberties and individual privacy through legislation such as the Patriot Act and NDAA. The siege on the second amendment facilitated by media agenda, fear, and emotion has reached a new fervor in light of recent shooting events at the Century movie theater in Aurora, Colorado; Clackamas Town Center near Happy Valley, Oregon; and Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut. Every law abiding gun owner in this country grieves at the unnecessary and senseless loss of life by these tragedies. That said, every American should grieve at the threat of loosing yet another right guaranteed by the second amendment of the Constitution: the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Our elected officials were sent to Washington to represent the people and to carry out the people's business. In pursuit of that endeavor, they take an oath of office "to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God". That said, now is the time to pray for our elected officials local, state, and federal and provide the encouragement to do the right thing during difficult times.
Thankfully, on 27 April 1995, Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) spoke out in defense of the second amendment while testifying on the topic of terrorism during the US Senate hearing held shortly after the tragic Oklahoma City bombing. During that hearing, she referenced the importance of a concealed carry permit. She had obtained a permit and training to carry a personal defense gun during the 1970's citing the need to protect herself from threats stating: "I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself, because that's what I did. I was trained in firearms. I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon and I made the determination if somebody was going to try and take me out, I was going to take them with me."
I would argue, while physical firearm ownership is important, the real importance is the freedom and liberty that gun ownership represents as outlined in the Constitution. Please take time to pen a letter in your own handwriting to express your thoughts on the second amendment. Please remember, that our elected officials work for us, and to do their job effectively, they need to hear your voice. If they do not represent the people's will, than it is truly our own fault, for not only electing them in the first, but also for failing to provide the voice they need.
Standard YouTube License
- 25:42 America's 2nd Revolutionary Warby VICE Featured 912,872
- 26:48 Chris Costa talks about his Custom M&Pby Juggernaut MediaLlc227,435 views
- 11:45 Jon Stewart on Ted Cruz marathon speechby Wacky Racer21,612 views
- 10:24 Sen. Ted Cruz Dismantles Assault Weapons Ban at Gun Control Hearingby chris wigtion6,569 views
- 5:52 Bill O'Reilly Interviews Oath Keepers Founder Stewart Rhodes - 02-18-10by OathKeepersOK52,475 views
- 22:42 Feinstein's Follyby kiwitedferny12,431 views
- 48:48 George Galloway BLISTERING ATTACK on the U.S. SENATEby molucca Red166,671 views
- 15:27 Awesome gun control debate (better audio)by James Madison94,715 views
- 21:44 When they come for your guns my suggestion for preppers and patriotsby MAINEPREPPER250,895 views
- 3:44 Obama & UN Coming For Your Guns!by Brother Nathanael40,410 views
- 17:47 Senator Ted Cruz smacks down Chuck Schumer on gun violence - Meet the Press meets the factsby Freedom Tracker162,479 views
- 10:12 Enemy of the Second Amendment Dianne Feinstein and Ron Johnson Debate on Gun Controlby GoodHumanBeings3,374 views
- 5:59 Ann Coulter Destroys Feinstein Over Cruz Debate: 'Liberal Women Should Not Be Able To Hold Office'by MichaelSavage4Prez231,511 views
- 28:53 WWII Vet Warren Bodeker Needs Your Help: Being Forced From Home and Forced to Exhume Wife's Bodyby OathKeepersOK22,522 views
- 6:17 BLOWOUT! Ted Cruz vs. Dianne Feinstein ᴴᴰby djgabrielpresents53,906 views
- 3:44 Armed Citizens Fight Backby theVelvetCult28,729 views
- 6:28 Gun Control - Watch What Happens When Guns Are Banned.by MrPsychoVids864,079 views
- 17:15 5 Things Every Prepper Needsby USNERDOC106,453 views
- 6:30 Build an Emergency Heaterby USNERDOC60,095 views
- 3:22 Funniest Liberal Gaffesby Conservative Wiki89,567 views
- Loading more suggestions...