Miss California Blows It With Her Anti-Gay Answer
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 20, 2009
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/theyoungturks
Watch The LARGEST Online News Show at http://www.theyoungturks.com
TYT Network channels:
TYT Interviews http://www.youtube.com/tytinterviews
TYT Sports: http://www.youtube.com/tytsports
The Top Vlog: http://www.youtube.com/thetopvlog
What The Flick?! Show: http://www.youtube.com/whattheflickshow
New TYT Facebook Page(!): http://www.facebook.com/tytnation
Subscribe to the FREE Video Podcast on iTunes: http://bit.ly/d0zlmP
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen...
FREE Movies(!): http://www.netflix.com/tyt
Note: The above two links are for TYT sponsors.
Read Ana's blog and subscribe at:
Read Cenk's blog and subscribe at:
A heated, multimedia gay-marriage discussion spanning YouTube, Twitter and "The Hills" ensued after a Miss USA contestant answered a question about the topic, sparking debates on cable news and even a tweet from Britney Spears.
On YouTube, contestant Carrie Prejean's answer was the most-viewed and most-discussed clip Tuesday, with more than one million views and 10,000 comments. On Twitter, the term "Miss California" was second only to "Susan Boyle" in frequency.
Ms. Prejean, who represented California and was named first runner up to Ms. USA winner Kristen Dalton, said that she believed marriage should be between a man and a woman, an answer that visibly displeased judge and gossip blogger Perez Hilton, who fielded the question of whether gay marriage should be allowed in all states.
Mr. Hilton, who is gay, took to his blog and posted a video in which he says, "She gave the worst answer in pageant history. She lost because she's a dumb b—-, okay?"
He also said that if she won the pageant, he would've jumped on the stage and snatched the crown from her head. He later apologized for the name-calling but added, "We were/are just soooo angry, hurt, frustrated by her answer. Perez would love to take Miss California out for coffee and 'talk'!"
Mr. Hilton's outcry and subsequent interview on Larry King Live sparked a number of celebrity Twitter responses on the topic, most notably from Britney Spears, who tweeted: "Love is love! People should be able to do whatever makes them happy!" ("Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant," Perez responded on his blog.)
Heidi Montag, a star of the MTV reality show "The Hills," wrote in a string of multiple messages, "God says in the bible that we should love our neighbor and he created us all as equals. I know in my heart that gays and lesbians should have the same government rights that Spencer and I will when we get married. So, yes, this blonde Christian believes in gay marriage and I hope to one day go to YOUR wedding, Perez!!!"
But as for the non-blond, non-celebrity Twitterers, responses were varied — user fungirlkelly wrote: "I am very proud of Miss California for sticking to her values...this is still USA, land of the free...right?" But brittanygreene tweeted: "@perezhilton did a great job on Larry King. Just because you say "no offense" doesn't mean it's not offensive, Miss California."
Standard YouTube License
- 11:31 Susan Boyle Attacked by Jesusby The Young Turks Featured 382,383
- 5:51 Racist YouTube Rant Forces Girls To Leave High Schoolby The Young Turks929,210 views
- 9:57 The Most Racist Comments Ever Allowed On-Airby The Young Turks772,654 views
- 5:01 Al Gore Embarrasses Another Republican Foolby The Young Turks238,625 views
- 2:53 New Anti-Gay Ad - Confuse The Childrenby The Young Turks176,352 views
- 7:47 Miss California responds to vicious gay hate attack by Miss USA Judge Perez Hilton.by whathitthefan572,797 views
- 9:17 stupid americans Asked simple questions but you will be surprised by some of the answersby Eshibo Ibrahim665,827 views
- 1:35 38KKK Bust Size | My Strange Addictionby TLC5,400,533 views
- 3:48 Carrie Prejean Abruptly Leaves Larry King Interview Yahoo! TV Blogby ACoxon1,632,761 views
- 8:13 Miss Universe Top 10 Unforgettable Momentsby TopMissUniiverse1,268,264 views
- 8:04 Rush Limbaugh called NAZI by an ex-marine republican callerby ludovicus73417,731 views
- 3:41 The X Factor shocking sceneby XxBloodbropxX11,883,017 views
- 4:17 THE BEST INTELLIGENT ANSWER IN A BEAUTY PEAGENT IN HISTORY!!!by PassportToPanama585,104 views
- 2:00 Spelling bee: I have to spell Niggas???by la4hi0rocks15,200,014 views
- 1:25 Oprah called a MONKEY by racist audience membersby weloveoprah16,639,661 views
- 3:19 Can she be THAT stupid?by spyderlc12,709,492 views
- 8:27 Miss California, Carrie Prejean, on Fox Newsby TheRightWingNet186,517 views
- 48:44 Techniques of enduro bikesby ksr110love960,572 views
- 0:36 Charles Manson Epic Answer (Full Answer)by Snutchi6,088,693 views
- 19:13 Imagine A World Where Being "Gay" The Norm & Being "Straight" Would Be The Minority! [Short Film]by HaierUp2,035,371 views
- Loading more suggestions...