Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Uploaded on Apr 7, 2009
The Aldrovandi Dog was painted by Guercino around 1625. Although the dogs name has been lost to time, we know that Count Filippo Maria Aldrovandi (15981644) owned the white and brindle mastiff because its elaborate leather collar bears the Aldrovandi coat of arms. It is part of the special exhibition: Masterpieces of European Painting from the Norton Simon Museum, at The Frick Collection from through May 10, 2009.