How To Track Down an Old Flame
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 21, 2009
Watch more How to Survive a Break-Up videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/519-How...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Track down an old flame with these foolproof steps.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Stalking is a serious offense that is punishable by jail time.
Step 1: Contact their friends or family
If you've still got connections to your flame's friends or family, drop a respectful letter or make a polite phone call. You never know -- they may just be willing to help you out.
Step 2: Optimize your Google search
Go to Google to start your online research. Did you know you can guarantee a word will be included in your search results if you put a plus sign in front of it? Review Google's advanced search tips to optimize how you target your information.
Step 3: Troll the social sites
You're probably already looking for your old flame on social- and business-networking sites like MySpace, Friendster, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and ZoomInfo. Search multiple sites at the same time by using an uber-search engine like wink.com.
Messaging someone through a social-networking site is much less stressful than making cold calls.
Step 4: Try school-related spots
Do you know the name of your long lost love's high school or college? Use a school-themed social-networking site like classmates.com or reunion.com.
Step 5: Search the "invisible web"
Most search engines won't automatically look through databases and private sites, also known as the "invisible" or "deep" web. To access these deeper results, try searching with the keyword "database," or using a site like "pipl.com":http://pipl.com, which automatically combs the invisible web.
Step 6: Delve into the personal information sites
If special someone is proving to be untraceable, try "zabasearch.com":http://zabasearch.com, an unbelievably thorough people finder that accesses listings for current and former addresses and phone numbers.
Step 7: Use a Firefox add-on
Firefox offers a free add-on called "Who Is This Person?" Download the extension and highlight any name on a webpage. The program allows you to search that name on sites like Technorati, Yahoo, and Wikipedia.
Step 8: Hire a private detective
If you keep hitting dead ends, consider hiring a private detective. Get recommendations, and make sure the PI is licensed, bonded, insured, experienced, and discreet. Also, be prepared to fork over a wad of cash.
Step 9: Make contact
You've finally got the contact info! Now what? Writing an email or note gives you the time to plan out what you'd like to say, and has much less potential for disaster than an out-of-the-blue phone call.
Did You Know?
A survey by classmates.com showed that 39% of its users have gone online to try to find an old flame.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:36 How To Make Yourself Irresistible To Girlsby HowcastFeatured 2,833,239
- 2:05 How to Win the Lotteryby Howcast 816,267 views
- 2:21 How To Text Your Way Into Your Kid's Lifeby Howcast 38,957 views
- 1:53 How To Look Tallerby Howcast 118,783 views
- 7:03 Revisiting the past... should I get back withby luvbuzd 414 views
- 1:43 How to Date Your Friend's Exby Howcast 21,514 views
- 2:49 How To Tell If Your Girlfriend's a Psychoby Howcast 1,023,231 views
- 2:25 How To Pick a Lockby Howcast 9,709,426 views
- 2:37 How To Get a Newborn To Fall Asleepby Howcast 64,546 views
- 2:07 How To Tell If a Guy Likes Youby Howcast 1,571,100 views
- 1:57 How To Lucid Dreamby Howcast 2,122,732 views
- 1:39 How To Get Money Out Of Your Parentsby Howcast 320,158 views
- 1:28 How To Turn Soap Slivers Into a New Bar Of Soapby Howcast 68,376 views
- 2:03 How To Lose Weight Playing Wiiby Howcast 62,920 views
- 1:33 How To Play Truth or Dareby Howcast 123,956 views
- 2:09 How to Detoxify Your Bodyby Howcast 144,536 views
- 1:38 How To Save Money By Making Your Own Laundry Detergentby Howcast 17,443 views
- 2:25 How To Plot the Most Humiliating Sports Bet Everby Howcast 31,355 views
- 1:47 How To Leave the White Houseby Howcast 32,221 views
- 2:14 How To Make French Toastby Howcast 137,547 views
- Loading more suggestions...