Cork Opera House Summer Brochure Launch (Blue Shed Edit)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 10, 2012
Kicking off the season are The Dubliners (3 June) celebrating fifty years since the formation of the band. They will be followed by a plethora of musical treats such as New York innovators Alarm Will Sound (6 June) performing the international premiere of John Cage's greatest music-theatre work Song Books. The enchanting music of Efterklang (15 Sep) will be a highlight for many music lovers' calendars while Opera D'Arte (23 Sep) will perform a diverse selection of operatic masterpieces to keep our operatic juices flowing.
Ireland's answer to Simon and Garfunkel, Size2Shoes (15 July); the ethereal Katie Kim (21 July); the dreamy collaboration of Hidden Highways and Peter Delaney (11 Aug) and the unique sounds of Daniel Martin Moore (5 Sep) will all be gracing the stage of The Half Moon Theatre and showcasing their masterful musical exploits.
This July sees a much anticipated return visit to The Mitchelstown Cave with artists such as Sam Amidon, Iarla Ó Lionáird, Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh, The Staves and many more performing as part of this very exciting and exclusive musical series in The Cave (26-28 July). So it goes without saying this season is sure to tickle any music lover's fancy.
Not only are the Opera House creating their own mini festival with The Cave series, a welcoming stage is ready for the Cork Midsummer Festival with Fabulous Beast's Rian (21-23 June) and the world premiere of Dylan Tighe's Record (22-30 June) featuring as part of the hugely diverse and much anticipated festival.
Following the success of last year's The Winter's Tale, Corcadorca are collaborating once again with Cork Opera House for a tale of romance, betrayal and star crossed lovers, Romeo and Juliet (10-20 Oct). Known for their high-quality and unique productions, Corcadorca are sure to deliver another enthralling theatrical work.
Other theatre highlights include The Country Girls (11-16 June) the critically acclaimed play based on Edna O'Brien's controversial 1960 novel; a screening of Danny Boyle's visionary production Frankenstein by NT Live (29-30 June); and The Titanic Boys (28 Aug-1 Sep) a play by Martin Lynch that captures Belfast's character and humour.
Once again, comedy is proving to be a serious business at the Opera House with the likes of Michael McIntyre (25-27 June), Mario Rosenstock with Gift Grub Live 2 (21-22 Sep), Kevin Bloody Wilson (19 Nov), Des Bishop (6-8 Dec) and Frankie Boyle (9 Dec) all taking the stage to entertain the masses! Not to forget The Improvised Panto (From 7 Dec) returning to The Half Moon with a new and different panto every night!
Musical lovers will be happy to know that Cork Opera House will be coming alive with The Sound of Music (27 July-18 Aug)! Directed by Bryan Flynn and featuring some of musical theatre's most memorable songs, this is sure to be the must-see event of the summer.
Flynn will also be bringing his exceptional directorial talents to the CHEERIOS and Cork Opera House Christmas panto, back for his eleventh year! This year he will be tackling the magical tale of Alice in Wonderland (From 10 Dec). Make sure to book early and join Alice on her many adventures through the topsy-turvy land of Wonder!
Speaking of magic and wonder, Keith Barry (14 Sep) will be sure to entrance us all with his new show 8 Deadly Sins for his first every outing on the Opera House Stage. Then team him with John Edward (7 & 8 Oct) and you can count on some spooky spectacles claiming the limelight!
On top of all of this, the whole season aims to deliver something even more different too. Reaching out to YOU, there's a diverse and active programme which caters to all those who like to get involved. There will be several workshops and events for all those creative types including You'll Like This Film Because You're In It (10-14 July), a pop-up film studio that allows anyone to write, shoot and screen their own movie! The Amazing Ultra Sonic Music Studio (30 July-3 Aug) and Instant Orchestra (4 Aug) allow participants to help write and produce a very special song or play in a live Angklung orchestra! The West Cork Ukelele Orchestra are also holding a ukulele get together and workshop, Ukule-Le-Chéile (11 Aug) giving people a chance to learn to play the happiest instrument around! And there'll even be a chance to dress up with a vintage 20's inspired club night Prohibition (7 July) happening in The Half Moon featuring frenzied flappers, hot jazz, bootleg gin, dancing, gambling and a whole lot of "It"!
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Boltzmann Brain" on
Orchestra Of Spheres
- 15:02 Pat Lynch - Cork Opera House.wmvby John Lynch897 views
- 14:51 Smokie in Ireland Cork Opera House (part 2)by laurka3211666 views
- 14:51 Smokie in Ireland Cork Opera House (part 1)by laurka3211912 views
- 1:46:50 Postpsychiatry -Reaching beyond the technological paradigm in mental healthby Anders Thingmand3,571 views
- 10:42 The steampacket, reel ; and other tunes / Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh, uilleann pipesby ITMAVideos4,717 views
- 7:17 Kieran Goss & Eddi Reader at The Grand Opera House, Belfast, April 2011.mp4by kierangossmusic1,664 views
- 7:31 Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson - Diesel Dykesby das1sephani78,487 views
- 7:07 World Record-The Largest Angklung Ensemble-Country Roadby dyan wibowo2,669 views
- 9:44 Nikki Kavanagh LIVE in Cork Opera Houseby Nikki Kavanagh1,083 views
- 9:45 Nic Gareiss agus Caoimhín ó Raghallaigh ag Féile na Laoch 2011by BirinBeo3,620 views
- 10:46 Dylan Tighe - 'Record' - On Tg4by itsabitmadted304 views
- 13:14 Running Fred-HD App Gameplay-Fred Spartanby Wedens Mortume9,676 views
- 8:44 Miranda's Dream Presents - The Stavesby MirandasDream6,597 views
- 4:03 "What kind of an Eeget are Ya" by Seamus O'Rourkeby Seamus O'Rourke20,740 views
- 10:47 Bill Frisell and Sam Amidon - Banks of the Arkansas at Live LPRby Search & Restore Videos1,448 views
- 3:42 Brian Deady :: Live at the Cork Opera Houseby Myles O'Reilly1,608 views
- 3:39 Dylan Tighe: 'Lamotrigine'by Dylan Tighe2,565 views
- 4:00 Prohibition Clubnight Cork Opera Houseby a blue shed production5,279 views
- 11:41 West Cork Ukulele Orchestra @ Ukulele Hooley 2011by redpaul1012,125 views
- 14:45 Running Fred - Endless Stakes - MEGA SURVIVAL RECORD 17777+ mby Epic iPhone Gamer31,891 views
- Loading more suggestions...