The Making of Woody at 100: The Woody Guthrie Centennial Collection from Smithsonian Folkways
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 5, 2012
Visit http://www.folkways.si.edu/woodyat100 for a sneak preview stream of the unreleased song "Big City Ways" and to preorder a special "Woody at 100" packages including the box set, "Woody" t-shirt, limited-edition poster, and instant album download.
Woody at 100: The Woody Guthrie Centennial Collection will be available in stores on July 10, 2012, but you can pre-order* a special package, including an instant album download, limited-edition poster, and T-shirt.
In honor of the Woody Guthrie Centennial (http://www.woodyat100.com), Smithsonian Folkways presents an in-depth commemorative collection of songs, photos and essays on one of America's most treasured 20th-century icons.
Woody at 100: The Woody Guthrie Centennial Collection is a 150-page large-format book with 3 CDs containing 57 tracks, including Woody's most important recordings such as the complete version of "This Land Is Your Land," "Pretty Boy Floyd," "I Ain't Got No Home in This World Anymore," and "Riding in My Car." The set also contains 21 previously unreleased performances and six never-before-heard original songs, including Woody's first known—and recently discovered—recordings from 1937.
The book features essays by co-producers Robert Santelli, executive director of the GRAMMY Museum, and Jeff Place, GRAMMY-winning archivist for the Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage and producer of several Woody Guthrie collections and exhibitions.
For more information about the GRAMMY winning Woody Guthrie Centennial, please visit http://www.woodyat100.com
Standard YouTube License
- 3:12 Los Texmaniacs perform "Por una mujer casada"by Smithsonian Folkways 12,879 views
- 8:47 The inspiration for "Delicious Peace: Coffee, Music & Interfaith Harmony in Uganda"by SmithsonianFolkways 1,559 views
- 7:19 Quetzal Performs "Estoy Aqui" at the 2012 Smithsonian Folklife Festivalby Smithsonian Folkways 3,761 views
- 8:43 "El Corrido de Córdova y Canales" by Roberto Martinezby SmithsonianFolkways 322 views
- 5:32 Los Texmaniacs perform "Ahí te dejo en San Antonio (I Leave You In San Antonio)"by Smithsonian Folkways 664 views
- 6:57 La Sardina de Naiguatá: The Music of Carnavalby SmithsonianFolkways 1,238 views
- 3:22 "Blue Clouds" by Elizabeth Mitchell and You Are My Flower from Smithsonian Folkwaysby Smithsonian Folkways 6,934 views
- 4:33 Pipa musician Wu Man performs "Kazakh Song"by SmithsonianFolkways 479 views
- 3:38 Shoo Lie Loo by Elizabeth Mitchell from Sunny Day (Smithsonian Folkways)by Smithsonian Folkways 7,185 views
- 2:55 Ella Jenkins "Who Fed the Chickens?"by Smithsonian Folkways 4,900 views
- 4:09 The Burial of the Sardine featuring La Sardina de Naiguatáby Smithsonian Folkways 435 views
- 7:59 A discussion with Los Gaiteros de San Jacintoby SmithsonianFolkways 717 views
- 3:57 "Let all religions come together" by Akuseka Takuwa Kongo Groupby Smithsonian Folkways 579 views
- 2:56 Smithsonian Folkways Latino Music Concertsby Smithsonian Folkways 414 views
- 6:00 Froggie Went a Courtin' by Elizabeth Mitchell from Blue Clouds (Smithsonian Folkways)by Smithsonian Folkways 25,503 views
- 2:44 "Sleep Eye" by Elizabeth Mitchell from Smithsonian Folkwaysby Smithsonian Folkways 12,148 views
- 5:48 The Making of Woody at 100: The Woody Guthrie Centennial Collection from Smithsonian Folkwaysby Smithsonian Folkways 6,532 views
- 2:35 "Sleep Eye" from "Little Seed: Songs for Children by Woody Guthrie" by Elizabeth Mitchellby SmithsonianFolkways 533 views