Rock 'em Sock 'em Jerk
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 17, 2011
See what happens when a jerk plays Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots too seriously.
Click to Tweet this video: http://clicktotweet.com/eldtZ
I mean seriously is there a cooler game out there (other than Twister or Candyland) than Rock 'Em Sock 'Em? My friends have been wanting me to do a video with this game for sometime. It sits in the middle of the table in my studio, and it is the first thing people notice and touch. They bypass all my equipment, my plush Garfield, my Darth Tater (Mr. Potatohead special edition), my guitars, etc. and head straight for the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em. It's a classic! And NOTHING beats a good robot! In fact it's so popular with the acquaintances that I actually had TWO separate video ideas for it. The other one is pretty much all After Effects and will take forever so, I'm not sure if I'll ever do it... but we'll see.
So, lemme answer all your technical queries. I filmed the slow motion in 720 60p, slowed it down to 24p using Cinema Tools in the FCP Studio package, and scaled up to 1080 in the sequence. You'd be surprised at how well scaling up 720p actually holds up, if you treat it with care and loving mouse clicks.
The barn was an actual barn, courtesy of the Legg family.
I did NOT actually sever Ben's head and install a Rock 'Em Sock 'Em metal neck piece thingy. Instead, I took the long approach and created that scene in After Effects CS5. I wish I had done a few more various shots that would've made me spend less time in post, but I was a dumb dumb. Along those lines, I committed the cardinal sin of special effects... I forgot to get a blank background plate!!! SO, what I had to do to create a background behind Ben's punch-lifted neck was create one in Photoshop from a couple of frames where Ben had moved out of the way enough to have something to work with. So, yes, the space behind Ben's neck is ALL Photoshop baby! The Rock 'Em Sock 'Em arm attached to me was simply an overlay of macro shots going from the locked arm position to the extended (punching) arm position, and I animated and color matched all that junk.
The plank a swung at the barn was found on location.
Written and Directed by Page Lynch
Page Lynch (loses the game, wins the war)
Benjamin King (wins the game, loses the war)
Sigma 30mm f1.4
Dear reader: You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
Thanks for watching Rock 'em Sock 'em Jerk, jerk!
Standard YouTube License
- 1:21 Rock'em Sock'em Robotsby No Mama No Papa No Whiskey SodaFeatured 1,900
- 2:16 Google Plus Acquaintance ( Google+ )by Page Lynch 970 views
- 1:51 Battlefield Candyby Page Lynch 309 views
- 2:17 Password Prankby Page Lynch 965 views
- 1:53 Compensating For Somethingby Page Lynch 591 views
- 18:18 Rock Em' Sock Em' Robots in Minecraft [Vid and Voice Tut]by Scooвѕcrιвe ➜ 63,888 views
- 2:57 Mama's Boyby Page Lynch 622 views
- 2:16 MMA Rock Em Sock Em Robotsby toontown64 56,331 views
- 23:51 All in the Family - The Games Bunkers Playby Mynjunkyard 63,777 views
- 3:08 Kickin It S3 E4 The Sub Sinker Part 1 HDby KickinItEpisodesHQ 14,936 views
- 1:52 Money Buddyby Page Lynch 438 views
- 3:11 Kickin It S3 E5 Meet The McKrupnicks Part 2 HQby KickinItEpisodesHQ 2,032 views
- 8:33 College Football Last Second Wins.by cp321a 36,949 views
- 3:07 Kickin' It - 'Rock 'em Sock 'em Rudy'by DisneyXDUK 69,100 views
- 23:58 All in the Family - Edith's Conversionby Mynjunkyard 73,625 views
- 0:48 Minecraft Animation - TNT Fishingby CazeCreations 1,223,704 views
- 2:24 Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots in Minecraftby sethbling 1,097,929 views
- 19:13 Minecraft Mini-Game : THE NEW COPS N ROBBERS ROUND 4!by SkyDoesMinecraft 1,967,546 views
- 1:35 Door Lock Sabotage | Take THAT Mondayby Page Lynch 207 views
- 22:14 Kickin' It - Episode - Dojo Afternoonby disneysshows 1,096,922 views
- Loading more suggestions...