GAIL's CSR Initiative at Gunaa, Madhya Pradesh
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 2, 2012
GAIL-IL&FS Skills School is the joint initiative supported by GAIL India Ltd. and managed by IL&FS Cluster Development Initiative Ltd. which was established at Guna, Madhya Pradesh in the month of July 2010. The main objective of this initiative was to provide opportunities of employment to the unemployed and underprivileged youth living in and around the Guna district by imparting them with a right set of skills which has proven demand in various sectors across the country.
The Guna Skills School offers technical training to operators and supervisors in key industries and managerial training to human resources at higher levels, that are useful to industries across Madhya Pradesh. The choice of skills taught are market demand driven.
The Multi Skills School has :-
• An Instructional Area with Classrooms, Auditoriums, and Conference Rooms
• Practice Zones with Workshops catering to Manufacturing Industry Courses and Labs for Service Industry Courses
• Providing pre-employment training to prepare the future workforce for occupational competence.
• Offering courses for workers to continually upgrade their skill level to keep pace with technological progress in factory automation, manufacturing and service industry processes.
• Providing in-house training services to Industries in Guna and MP.
The Multi Skills School has multi-stakeholder partnerships and is anchored in the principle of demand-led training. These elements form the foundation on which all operational strategies, processes, systems and organization structure are built:
• Quality in Skills Training Delivery Process
• Good Quality Training Infrastructure
• Innovative use of Technology in Skills Training Delivery Process
IL&FS Skills ensures quality skills training through sound management, internal monitoring and third part audits.
The Infrastructure is similar to actual factory work spaces with real machinery and simulators. Technology is extensively used in program delivery including training aids infrastructure like K-Yan. The elements work together, to make the Multi Skills School model effective and different from all other training models in the marketplace.
The targeted beneficiaries would include the following:
• School Drop-outs
• Academically less oriented
• Certificate or diploma holders of ITI/Polytechnic for the last mile link to jobs
• Under graduates with low marks
• Traditional artisans and micro enterprise promoters
• Socially underprivileged (with a preference for women)
• Engineering College Students finishing skills requirements
Beneficiaries are placed in the organized sector locally, at state level, nationally or in the global economy and in the unorganized sector. In the unorganized/informal sector, the training focusses on better livelihoods for youth and the not so very young. The holistic training impartS professional skills for running traditional artisan based enterprises & non-farm agribusiness in local economy. The organized sector has placement linkages established with large companies. The unorganized/informal sector has credit and market linkage arranged.
- 10:51 Sonata's CSR Initiativesby SonataSoftwareVideos 480 views
- 8:43 Himayat - A Journey to Empowerment through Employmentby ILFSEducationIndia 836 views
- 9:33 GAIL gas conservationby FirstGenFilms 691 views
- 0:44 hum dono BOY FRND GIRLFRND hain kya.aviby altaf khan 371 views
- 1:49 Jyotiraditya Scindia makes the bypass for Guna CIty in Madhya Pradeshby pal1978in 2,379 views
- 0:21 A Miracle Stone is swimming in Waterby Ujjawal Mishra 29,278 views
- 5:03 Testing the Presence of Flouride in Water - Presented by KV.guna(m.p.)by sushilakala13 399 views
- 7:06 Parvaaz - Employment and Empowerment for Rural Muslim Below the Poverty Line Youthby ILFSEducationIndia 277 views
- 10:05 IETS Health - Delivering ICT enabled Diabetic Retinopathy Screening in Tripuraby ILFSEducationIndia 86 views
- 6:30 1 crore from Pomegranate Farmingby ABP MAJHA 13,673 views
- 5:47 Professor C.B. Bhattacharya on Making CSR work for all stakeholdersby BU SMG 1,440 views
- 5:21 GATE 2013 PSU Recruitment Application detailsby Anurag Chopra 2,676 views
- 3:01 Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)by GAILINDIALTD 280 views
- 9:11 Skills for Employment in Apparel Manufacturingby srivatsanjagan 681 views
- 10:45 SEAM - IL&FS-CDIby skochconsultancy 490 views
- 5:24 History of Chanderi Madhya Pradesh Indiaby unnati silks 969 views
- 36:54 History of India:Governor Generals (By Anita Sharma)by Anita Sharma 7,123 views
- 1:16 Dayodaya expressby Ruchir Sharma 1,104 views
- 5:07 Parivartanby ILFSEducationIndia 199 views
- 1:08 Indore Is A City of Future - Narayan Murthy; special thanks to Kailash Vijayvargiya!!by qkget 882 views
- Loading more suggestions...