Splendor in the Wild - Wickaninnish Inn, Tofino, British Columbia
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 19, 2012
The Wickaninnish Inn is quintessential Canada. It's pure, pristine, unadulterated nature that inspires the mind and satisfies the soul. The Wickaninnish Inn typifies what Canada is most famous for and what Canada does best.
The GCAT crew had the great privilege of spending three nights at the fabulous Inn perched on the very edge of Vancouver Island on the Pacific Ocean. The tagline of the Wickaninnish Inn is 'Rustic elegance on nature's edge!' and no better phrase could describe what the Inn offers it's guests.
There is no such thing as 'roughing it' when you stay at the Wickan Inn. It provides 5 star service and comfort in the bosom of Mother Nature. The front desk clerks know your name, there is a turn down service complete with chocolates, your private jacuzzi bath offers views of the ocean, and the local indigenous art collection scattered throughout the hotel would give any public museum a run for it's money!
Charles McDiarmid, the managing director at the inn is proud of what they offer their Canadian and international visitors. The inn is isolated but it's part of the allure. Located on the outskirts of the fabled community of Tofino it's almost like a pilgrimage spot for many people. Visiting the inn is 'getting away from it all' -- 'all' meaning the hubbub of daily life. At the Wickanninish Inn they pipe the sound of the ocean outside into the hotel so that guests are always lulled into a sense of serenity by the sound of the Pacific ocean right outside.
Step through the backdoor of the resort and you step onto a two and half-mile beach, empty of infrastructure, crowds and noise. Their neighbor is an old carving hut that the inn owns and lends to local carvers (like the talented 'Feather George') who you can stop to talk with and watch carve. The sun sets into the Pacific Ocean right in front of the hotel as the sand pipers dart along the beach and local surfers catch the final few remaining beams of sunlight each evening. It all blends together to create a Canadian Eden of pristine nature and tranquility.
The hotel is itself is gorgeous and the restaurant prepares superb food to go with it's extensive wine, and to top all of that off there is a liquor list so your needs are always catered to in 5-star luxury.
Follow the Great Canadian Adventure Tour
Visit our site: http://www.greatcanadianadventuretour...
Join us on Facebook and Twitter:
Standard YouTube License
- 6:36 WAVEJourney.com's Wickaninnish Inn Movieby WAVEJourneyFeatured 951
- 46:22 William & Kate: The First Yearby AngelDocs 26,017 views
- 3:10 Top 5 Things to do in Tofino / Ucluelet...besides surfby BritishColumbiaMag 7,910 views
- 3:03 Ancient Cedars Spa at the Wickaninnish Inn, Tofino - British Columbia, Canadaby canadiantourism 4,327 views
- 8:31 Episode 95 - Engagement & Wickaninnish Innby Jessi Johnson 596 views
- 1:29 Storm Watching in Tofino BC - The Wickaninnish Innby WickaninnishInn 7,193 views
- 1:35 Swimming with the Devil - see 1:10by genkisozo 10,802,143 views
- 4:00 George Yearsleyby WickaninnishInn 671 views
- 1:10 "Come on By" to Long Beach Lodge Resort in Tofinoby longbeachlodge 2,350 views
- 8:36 Tofino - Vancouver Island, Canada.by RicoBergholdtHansen 23,820 views
- 7:23 Tofino BC Salmon Sharkby extragood1 60,492 views
- 3:17 Dolphin Give Birth on Camera.Beautiful Record.by arie albers 26,926 views
- 2:57 The Cutting Edge of Nature, Tofino - British Columbia, Canadaby canadiantourism 26,571 views
- 7:52 CRYSTAL COVE RESORT TOFINO BC *** LABOUR DAY WEEKEND 2011 *** THE SLIDESHOWby TVsharona 856 views
- 4:01 Poets Cove Resort and Spa Overviewby PoetsCoveResort 2,657 views
- 2:00 Killer whales surprise couple on boatby CNN 173,392 views
- 5:14 Tofino, Ucluelet HURRICANE STORM WAVES/PACIFIC OCEAN***2011by 1NaturalElements 18,583 views
- 2:53 Experience the Wickaninnish Inn Tofinoby WickaninnishInn 2,599 views
- 7:29 Wickaninnish Innby FineLivingNetwork 567 views
- 3:47 Surfing in Tofino, British Columbiaby WatchMojo 6,418 views
- Loading more suggestions...