The Fire Knife Dance - Glidecam HD 4000
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 8, 2011
Film was made by Devin Graham.
Add my facebook! :) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Devin-S...
And don't forget Twitter! :) http://www.twitter.com/devinsupertramp
To contact me about potenital freelance jobs/feature film work, contact me by email here.
The music for this video was composed by Elton Luz.
You can contact him at this link.
You can download the song off of itunes in the link directly below :)
The fire knife dancers are all professionals and some of the best in the world. They all work at the Polynesian Cultural Center which is the number one tourist attraction in Hawaii.
It's like Disneyland, but Hawaii style, where guests learn and experience the full Polynesian culture. If you want more info on this place where you can see more fire knife dancers and other amazing things, check out the link below (p.s. no one is paying me to say this :))
I have below the three fire knife dancers I worked with, in the order that they appear in the video. They were all awesome to work with and I now consider all of them great friends.
My friend James Choi was the one who had a great help in making this all happen as well. He was the original contact for the fire knife dancers, and he got them all together and the fire knifes that we needed.
Also my friend Nathan Smith helped setting up, and filming the other camera that was on the tripod, as well as James.
As far as the technical details of this video go.....
It was shot on two different cameras.
70% was on shot on a Canon 7D at 60fps at 720p, and then Conformed to 24p.
30% was shot on a Canon 5D Mark II.
Two lenses were used, the Canon 16-35mm F/2.8 and Canon 70-200mm F/2.8.
As far as Camera settings go, it was all shot at a 30 shutter, at a F/2.8. The ISO for most of the shots was 1600.
There was absolutely no color correction of any of the images, or any filters of any kind applied to the footage in the video, everything is straight from camera.raw.
To get the smooth "flying shots", I filmed those with a Glidecam 4000 HD. Here's a link to where you can buy them if your interested or want to learn more.
I always get asked camera/technical questions, so I started a blog just to answer a lot of common questions, so check there first if you have any questions, and if you can't find your answer there let me know and I will do my best to answer it.
For BUSINESS ENQUIRERS ONLY, you can contact me at this email.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:29 Massive Toilet Papering Prankby Devin Super TrampFeatured 558,229
- 3:06 The Blob - Launching Humans 50 Feet High - Contourby Devin Super Tramp 4,033,819 views
- 2:18 Salt Boarding - Blank Snowboardsby Devin Super Tramp 1,618,513 views
- 3:50 Scooter Freestyle - World's Best Pro Scooter Riders!!!by Devin Super Tramp 2,620,576 views
- 13:25 PCC - Samoan Coconut Husk and Tree Climbby semitonedown 144,141 views
- 3:00 Paintball Warfare - Epic Paintball Battleby Devin Super Tramp 6,717,304 views
- 2:27 Shooting The Tubeby Devin Super Tramp 3,582,593 views
- 3:04 Modern Warfare - Epic Tower Jumpby Devin Super Tramp 1,735,786 views
- 2:50 Slam Dunk Supertramp Style - Faceteam Basketballby Devin Super Tramp 7,022,279 views
- Fire knife 1,621 videos10
- 6:51 Viavia (VJ) Tiumalu, 2011 World Fireknife Championby polynesiancultural 11,277 views
- 3:12 Maldives Islands - Six Senses Laamu - Canon 5D Mark IIby Devin Super Tramp 572,392 views
- 3:14 Water Jet Pack: Get High with Jetlev!by Devin Super Tramp 7,575,003 views
- 2:29 Dance Session - Ensoul Warehouseby Devin Super Tramp 165,617 views
- 4:03 Trials Riding on Killer rocks in Moab - Jeremy VanSchoonhovenby devinsupertramp 861,152 views
- 35 videos Play all DevinSuperTrampby JoQuiLin77
- 2:18 Mud Fight - Mud Wrestling Gone Wildby Devin Super Tramp 1,741,979 views
- 1:20 Wave Warriors - World Champion Solo Canoe Raceby Devin Super Tramp 157,230 views
- 2:55 World's Largest Rope Swingby devinsupertramp 20,504,387 views
- 2:26 Ocean Symphonyby Devin Super Tramp 134,680 views
- 2:46 Festival of Colors - World's BIGGEST color partyby Devin Super Tramp 3,813,697 views
- 2:12 North Shore in Slow Motion - Canon 7D 1000 FPSby devinsupertramp 554,288 views
- Loading more suggestions...