The Tao of Kung Fu #14 - " Cowardice is wisdom of weakness."
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 17, 2008
This clip is from the episode called 'The Stone'. The scene opens with Master Po and Grasshopper in friendly combat. However, young Caine is angry, unfocused and is easily defeated by the blind Shaolin master.
Like young Caine, many of us go through life grumpy and anxious. All too often our minds are reliving failures of the past or worrying over an unknowable future. In this frame of mind we become rigid and out of harmony with our surroundings. Skilfulness can only be achieved through flexibility, spontaneity and being fully present in the "eternal now".
Master Po discovers Grasshopper is concerned that he is a coward. In the context of the yin-yang, Master Po explains: "What is cowardice, but the body's wisdom of its weakness. What is bravery, but the body's wisdom of its strength. The coward and the hero march together within every man. So to call one man a coward and another brave merely serves to indicate the possibilities of achieving the opposite."
This clip was taken from the 1970's TV series 'Kung Fu' (Created by Ed Spielman, Herman Miller and Jerry Thorpe). It is essentially an American Western set in the latter half of the 1800's, with an Eastern hero who has neither a gun or a horse. The story follows the adventures of Kwai Chang Caine (David Carradine); a nature loving Shaolin priest who had recently fled China. He speaks softly but is no pushover. He lives humbly yet knows great contentment.
Each episode also takes the viewer back to Caine's childhood in the Shaolin temple. It is here under the instruction of the wonderfully charismatic Master Po (Keye Luke) and the stern yet loving Master Kan (Philip Ahn), young Caine (Radames Pera) learns the harmoniously balanced ways of Tao.
The teachings of the Shaolin was meticulously researched for the Kung Fu series. This makes Kung Fu one of the most authentic interpretations of Philosophical Taoism available in popular culture.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:49 The Tao of Kung Fu #15 - "The soul only records growth."by yinyangnature69,885 views
- 32:08 Kung-Fu TV Show Compilation: Wise Sayingsby Mission of Maitreya, Eternal Divine Path113,742 views
- 50:41 Kung Fu TV Series, The Devil's Champion Fullby diispeciaalvooryoutu56,859 views
- 3:57 Kwai Chang Caine more than holds his own in a bar-room showdownby palaaver559,867 views
- 50:32 Kung Fu Serie 3by MrJuarezcastro25,033 views
- 49:50 Kung Fu - The Assassin (1973)by Blackstar Shinobi16,914 views
- 34:26 "Kung Fu" the TV serie with David Carradine (1972) - Part 2 (in 3D)by OceanReef024155,333 views
- 2:27 The Tao of Kung Fu #13 - "Not many things.....One."by yinyangnature56,455 views
- 3:36 The Beginning of Wisdomby House of Chappy76,317 views
- 7 videos Play all Kungfu TV serie part I. II.by sacredartsroe
- 1:43 The Tao of Kung Fu #11 - "Accept the ways of others."by yinyangnature84,293 views
- 4:54 Kung Fu - Be Like Still Waterby LaszloPanaflex17,663 views
- 10:01 Kung Fu(S1) - The Praying Mantis Kills - Part 1by KungFuSeries241,879 views
- 1:15 The Tao of Kung Fu #16 - "Undiscerning minds absorb poison."by yinyangnature46,910 views
- 46:58 Shaolin Kong fu 18 Basic Movementsby SHAOLIN Kong fu instructional572,626 views
- 10:01 Kung Fu (1972) Part 1by KungFuSeries1,038,418 views
- 1:19:13 Drunken Arts And Crippled Fist (1979) - Li Yi Min, Simon Yuen, Lo Liehby BlackBeltTheater159,687 views
- 2:05 Kung-Fu: Caine goes crazy!by mgcurto45,175 views
- 10:02 Kung Fu (1972) Part 7by KungFuSeries223,675 views
- 1:46 The Tao of Kung Fu #26 - "Nature is always impartial."by yinyangnature45,953 views