Interview with Howard Peck
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 27, 2013
Howard Peck has been a student of Tai Chi Chuan since 1988. He began teaching in 1999. His classes emphasize the importance of open, relaxed unbroken flow of movement, proper posture and an attentive mind. Howard's descriptive website is http://taichiwithhowardpeck.com. Howard Peck lives in eastern Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
A beautiful video of Howard performing Tai Chi is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qQvIo...
0:00 - 2:51 Introduction. Mention of the Nonduality Highlights. Tai Chi Chuan and flow; body movement and ageing.
2:51 - 8:21 Introduction to Tai Chi Chuan. Evolution from a martial art to a way of health. Awareness and postural integrity.
8:21 - 12:10 Inclusion of music in practice and teaching. A video of Howard performing Tai Chi is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qQvIo... It includes Chinese music. Standing Meditation described.
12:10 - 18:57 Howard offers an exercise in Standing Meditation that the listener may practice.
18:57 - 25:13 Discussion of Standing Meditation and Tai Chi movement. Relation of Standing Meditation to discussion of nonduality. Tai Chi taught from the viewpoint of nondual understanding and rooted in real experience rather than promises.
25:13 - 27:31 Concept of chi as related to physical skill and mental Intention, giving a result rather than the promise of a cosmic experience.
27:31 - 32:28 Sharing of spiritual experiences by teachers may not be based on actual experience. Howard is asked about the role of power as a teacher and his relationship with power. Empowering people. J. Krishnamurti discussed.
32:28 - 34:35 A story about the humility of J. Krishnamurti revealed when he appeared at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
34:35 - 35:35 Relationship as friendship. Howard's job helping seniors navigate Medicare in the U.S. We return to this topic later and relate it to relationship.
35:35 - 41:28 How Howard got into Tai Chi Chuan. Aikido mentioned. Taoism as source of Tai Chi. Buddhism as Howard's interest. Vipassana meditation and nonduality. U.G. Krishnamurti and Mooji mentioned. Robert Wolfe as standing out from the pack of current nonduality teachers.
41:28 - 45:13 Howard's introduction to nondual teachings arising out of meeting with Steven Harrison many years ago. R.P. Kaushik mentioned. Some reflection on his life and nature of his understanding.
45:13 - 56:17 The interview ends and re-starts on another level where Howard talks about his consultative approach to selling supplemental Medicare products. Listening is discussed and how it leads to a nondual alignment with people. Sharing authenticity in relationship. How sales people can address times where sales aren't coming.
56:17 - The secret to sales revealed. Conclusion. Science and Nonduality Conference mentioned.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:20:08 Galen Sharp - Part 2 - September 27, 2013by NondualityTalk122 views
- 52:47 Galen Sharp - Part 3 - September 27, 2013by NondualityTalk95 views
- 16:57 From "De-pressed" to "Deep Rest": Depression as a Call to Spiritual Awakening? - Jeff Fosterby The Deepest Acceptance - Jeff Foster23,826 views
- 1:32:10 Andrew Cohen - Buddha at the Gas Pump Interviewby BuddhaAtTheGasPump9,542 views
- 16:07 Advaita, Non-Duality & Passing the Stargateby Yogiraj SatGurunath Siddhanath3,253 views
- 51:39 Conversation with Jerry Katzby NondualityTalk17 views
- 33:45 Is Prejudice Natural? - Danish Krishnamurti Committee - March 14, 2013by Poet Dox174 views
- 1:09:29 MOOJI ENTREVISTAby Alícia Ninou9,630 views
- 19:43 Nonduality- "Who Dares to See THIS fully?"....Brendan Smith.....www.everythingislooking.comby Brendan Smith177 views
- 38:06 Krishnamurti - Que es meditación con Rinpoche 1976by fagaher1,027 views
- 33:47 Getting Out of Your Own Way | Dharma Talk with Zen Buddhist Monk Ven. Lawrence Dō'an Greccoby Ven. Lawrence Do'an Grecco2,750 views
- 1:11:04 Joel Green: On Doing Without a Soul: A New Testament Perspectiveby BiolaUniversity189 views
- 21:25 Mooji: What Looks Without Storifying?by AwakeningBridge46,068 views
- 9:02 Talk 141 Part 1by Rafael Stoneman281 views
- 24:08 Teisho on the Precepts - 2 of 4by RochesterZenCenter639 views
- 57:38 The Roots of Psychological Disorderby JKrishnamurtiOnline4,815 views
- 18:47 Think on These Things: May Gathering 2012by Think on These Things273 views
- 59:24 Interview with James Traverse conducted by Arvindby NondualityTalk31 views
- 56:25 TAOISM AND BUDDHISM - THE DIFFERENCE?by James Tutor
- 18:01 I Am Missing Me talk by Mokshananda at SAND 2010by scienceandnonduality4,765 views
- Loading more suggestions...