Losing Hair Led Great Discovery in Paris: The Dare-to-Dream Series by Annie Lipscomb
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 2, 2011
HOW LOSING MY HAIR LED TO A GREAT DISCOVERY IN PARIS. How I regained my lost hair thanks to a Parisian hair specialist. http://www.AnneLipscomb.com.
Let me tell you a story about how, when I first went to live in Paris, my hair started to fall out, and how the solution to this problem turned out to be a chance to experience the French tendency toward being a connoisseur, that is, someone who pays attention to subtle nuances and details that we Americans might not notice or consider important. Until this experience, I had only thought about the French as connoisseurs of things such as wine or art. Who would have guessed that this trait might manifest itself in such things as the health of one's scalp?!
It is not easy to live life while coping with a chronic illness and overcoming powerlessness. I hope my story of overcoming adversity will help you to triumph over your own adversity and overcome any obstacle that may show up in your own path. Please feel free to visit my website and watch my movie there. It is a short documentary about living with mcs. Then read my book. It will give you a new perspective on what is possible in the face of adversity. I hope that my story may be of help to you.
About my book, Poisoned By Pollution....
I write to you from the perspective of illness. Sickness imposes limitations. They alter but they need not define me. My perspective, as a result, is a hopeful and enlarged one. It is a story of overcoming adversity.
For a long time I used to go to bed feeling as if I lived in a prison. My chemical illness had closed off my world. This illness no longer writes my life. I have become my own author. The story of how this came to be is one I want to share. This book is not just a re-telling of my illness. It is also the story of how I came to be this new person, with a newly expanded expression of my soul, and then, a writer of my life.
Writing my book (Poisoned by Pollution) while sick was a challenge. I've spent too many days and too many years lying in bed feeling like poisons were coursing through me. For years, I could not even read or write without growing dizzy and nauseated. Sometimes I would talk into a tape recorder instead. Or I would write a few sentences, then close my eyes until the dizziness and nausea subsided before continuing on. At one point I almost died when my digestive troubles worsened so much that I couldn't hold down food or water, which led to my body being in a starvation state with my organ systems shutting down. The road to my book has been long indeed. I hope through this video and my book, and more to come, that I may help you on your path of discovery and reclaiming your life.
Standard YouTube License
- 16:56 Shine uy Stress shine hoshin shog 2013by iNeeMTGiiZaLuu 31,104 views
- 4:44 I Discovered a New Tango in Paris: The Dare-to-Dream Series by Annie Lipscombby Anne Lipscomb 189 views
- 7:40 Eat the Flowers...Parisian Styleby Anne Lipscomb 596 views
- 7:09 I'm Under House Arrest!by Anne Lipscomb 501 views
- 5:16 When Chaos Can Be a Good Thing: The Dare-to-Dream Series by Annie Lipscombby Anne Lipscomb 158 views
- 51 videos Play all My moviesby annelipscomb
- 6:25 Paris Pastries to Live and Love By: The Dare-to-Dream Series by Annie Lipscombby Anne Lipscomb 1,570 views
- 5:55 Dessert Keeps the Doctor Awayby Anne Lipscomb 214 views
- 5:40 My Favorite Hidden Paris Cafés: The Dare-to-Dream Series by Annie Lipscombby Anne Lipscomb 2,225 views
- 2:21 Stunning Long Hair to Short Makeover, by Christopher Hopkins "The Makeover Guy"by TheMakeoverGuy 53,718 views
- 7:18 Paris Pastry Gems You'll Never Find Without Me!by Anne Lipscomb 1,524 views
- 4:30 Paris Unknown: Where to Enjoy a Day Without All the Touristsby Anne Lipscomb 200 views
- 10:00 Perfect Make-Up For Pale Skinby squirrelywrath07 9,588 views
- 7:38 Good, Bad & the Ugly of Living Abroadby Anne Lipscomb 1,834 views
- 4:30 August Parisian Styleby Anne Lipscomb 246 views
- 7:15 My Favorite Happiness Toolby Anne Lipscomb 152 views
- 4:54 Grand Flea Markets of Paris: My Search for Vintage Buttonsby Anne Lipscomb 773 views
- 7:26 Memories of a Childhood in Africa (formerly named Quality vs. Quantity)by Anne Lipscomb 253 views
- 4:09 So Many Outdoor Paris Marketsby Anne Lipscomb 316 views
- 8:28 French Connection: Relationships Priorityby Anne Lipscomb 185 views
- 56:05 Stress, Portrait of a Killer - Full Documentary (2008)by LTPTENSIDR 290,065 views
- Loading more suggestions...