Mario Savio Memorial Lecture - Elizabeth Warren
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 5, 2010
The 14th annual Mario Savio Memorial Lecture & Young Activist Award will feature consumer advocate Elizabeth Warren in a talk entitled "Main Street First: Fixing Broken Markets and Rebuilding the Middle Class."
The inspiration and driving force behind the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Elizabeth Warren has been described as one of the "100 Most Influential People in the World" (Time), "a whipsmart consumer warrior," (S.F. Chronicle), and "a person who will stir up a lot of trouble" (Forbes). She has appeared frequently on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Dr. Phil, and the Rachel Maddow Show. An expert on credit and economic stress, Warren is known for her ability to simplify complex financial issues and for her fierce independence and advocacy on behalf of middle-class families. She is the Gottlieb Professor of Law at Harvard University and is the author of nine books, including, with her daughter, the best sellers All Your Worth: the Ultimate Lifetime Money Plan and The Two-Income Trap: Why Middle Class Parents Are Going Broke.
The Memorial lecture honors the memory of the late Mario Savio, a spokesperson for Berkeley's Free Speech Movement (1964), and the spirit of moral courage and vision which he and countless other activists of his generation exemplified. The evening includes a presentation of the Mario Savio Young Activist Award, which recognizes young people engaged in the struggle to build a more humane and just society. It is co-sponsored by the UC Berkeley Library, the Goldman School of Public Policy, the Free Speech Movement Cafe and the Graduate Assembly.
- 59:10 Conversations with History: Elizabeth Warrenby University of California Television (UCTV) Featured 73,363
- 1:53:36 Seymour Hersh: Mario Savio Memorial Lectureby UCBerkeleyEvents15,228 views
- 18:32 Mario Savio Memorial Lecture: Robert Reich on Class Warfare in Americaby UCBerkeleyEvents16,216 views
- 1:26:18 Keynote Address: "The Tea Parties Now"by UCBerkeleyEvents2,962 views
- 1:23:10 The View From Abroad: Is America Broken?by UCBerkeleyEvents4,118 views
- 1:03:25 Elizabeth Warren: Fixing the Banks, Lifting the Middle Classby Chicago Humanities Festival26,344 views
- 1:22:47 Christopher Hitchens - Mario Savio memorial lecture by LeCaNANDian12,998 views
- 6:41 Rachel Maddow and Elizabeth Warren discuss GOP push against Consumer Financial Protection Agencyby Dennis Obduskey14,384 views
- 58:50 A Conversation with Elizabeth Warrenby JFK Library3,260 views
- 8:28 Elizabeth Warren Brings News Anchors To Kneesby The Young Turks226,658 views
- 7:12 Elizabeth Warren Introduces COP's August Reportby oversightpanel3,080 views
- 10:04 Elizabeth Warren Explains the Financial Mess in Terms Anyone Can Understand!by BelvasDaughter71,838 views
- 7:08 Elizabeth Warren Introduces COP's August Reportby oversightpanel7,872 views
- 13:43 Ralph Nader: Corporate takeover of America. Pt. 1by The Big Picture RT9,250 views
- 7:00 Keith Olbermann suspended by MSNBC - Rachel Maddow reportsby DriveSpaceNeeded10,758 views
- 1:04:58 A Matter of Trust: Connecting Consumer Protections and Financial Reformby NewAmericaFoundation1,548 views
- 4:38 Charlie Rose - Elizabeth Warrenby Charlie Rose25,995 views
- 1:09:30 "Who's Watching the Watchmen? Oversight of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau" Part 1by oversightandreform5,032 views
- 5:49 Maria Bartiromo: Debt Is Badby moneywatch1,721 views
- 8:25 'Capitalism: A Love Story' DVD Extra - Harvard Professor Elizabeth Warrenby mmflint131,973 views
- Loading more suggestions...