DomainKeys Identified Mail Technology
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 7, 2007
Google Tech Talks
December, 5 2007
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is an emerging IETF standard (RFC
4871) to authenticate sending domains in SMTP mail. It is designed
to be scalable, extensible, back-compatible, and adoptable without
any flag days.
This talk will cover the background of sender domain authentication
in general and DKIM in particular, details of how DKIM works, and
other issues that DKIM brings up, notably sender accreditation and
reputation and receiver policy. Sendmail's Open Source
implementation of DKIM will also be discussed.
Speaker: Eric Allman
As Sendmail's Chief Science Officer and co-founder, Eric Allman leads the company's technology strategy and direction. Allman authored sendmail, the world's first Internet Mail program, in 1981 while at the University of California at Berkeley. He continues to spearhead sendmail.org, the global team of volunteers that maintain and support the sendmail Open Source platform.
At the forefront of industry-leading trends and technology, Allman is currently a leader of the movement to adopt an international standard for Sender Domain Authentication. Allman, backed by a cross-industry group of companies (Cisco, Yahoo, PGP, et. al.), co-authored the draft specification for DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), and submitted it to the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).
Before joining Sendmail, Allman served as CTO for Sift, Inc., which is now part of 24/7 Media, Inc. He was lead developer and provided a large-scale research software infrastructure on the Mammoth project at U.C. Berkeley. Allman has contributed as a senior developer at the International Computer Science Institute to neural network systems design. Allman was also Chief Programmer on the INGRES Relational Database Management System and an early contributor to Berkeley UNIX, authoring syslog, tset, the troff -me macros, and trek in addition to sendmail. For several years, he has co-authored the "C Advisor" column for UNIX Review magazine. He was formerly a member of the Board of Directors of USENIX Association and is currently a member of the ACM Queue Editorial Review Board.
Allman holds an Masters of Science degree in Computer Science from the University of California at Berkeley.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:09 Technologyby homestarrunnerdotcom Featured 49,849
- 59:35 The Web That Wasn'tby GoogleTechTalks62,481 views
- 1:32:06 Theory and Practice of Cryptographyby GoogleTechTalks56,505 views
- 1:01:20 The Lively Kernelby GoogleTechTalks49,133 views
- 55:55 An Overview of High Performance Computing and Challenges for the Futureby GoogleTechTalks33,353 views
- 8:40 How does a SMTP server work?by Carefreefour433 views
- 4:44 How to enable DKIM authentication with Google Appsby GoldyTips4,665 views
- 200 videos Play all PHP TUTORIALS 2by marquitos025
- 2:53 email authenticationby robomail991,218 views
- 26:13 Setting up DKIM on Qmailtoasterby qmailjake710 views
- 1:40 How to create a DKIM record - LCN.comby lcndotcom722 views
- 4:47 How to set White Label service (SPF and DKIM) with turboSMTP email delivery serviceby turboSMTP1,729 views
- 1:55 ServersAndHosting.com SPF Records and Domain Keysby ServersAndHosting3,464 views
- 4:52 SmarterMail 7.x - System Administrator Interfaceby SmarterTools2,193 views
- 4:47 New Technology Eliminates Email Spam Foreverby yumfy4,427 views
- 3:19 How to add a Google Apps Domain Email Aliasby adriarichards8,039 views
- 5:25 Ignite Boise 01 - You Don't Know How To E-mailby errorikdotcom10,396 views
- 3:15 How to improve email delivery for Godaddy domainsby Spinnakerpro1,309 views
- 48:23 Mail server setup using Sendmail on CentOS 5.8 - part 2/2by Knowledge is Power by Jeong Chul1,979 views
- 3:51 Creating a Domain on Google Apps -by PEKinteractive2,225 views