Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery: Simplify Licensing
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 5, 2012
Capacity-based licensing simplifies the procurement, management and budgeting for Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery
The Suite for Unified Recovery gives our customers the ability to access the entire portfolio,as opposed to having to license each product individually. This tends to let our customers use more of our product at a lower cost.
Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery offers our customer a new way of both purchasing and measuring the software and licensing that they need to operate their environment.
We're doing that by aligning the actual license with the value, and what we do is we measure the data, as opposed to other metrics like processors or cores.
In the past customer had to predict the number of processors or cores they were going to have and they had no control over the technology that server vendors would introduce in the coming years, so it was a very unpredictable and unreliable process. However, customers typically do know how much storage and how much capacity they have grown in the past and intend to grow in the future, which makes their cost measurements more predictable, as well.
The pricing of the Suite for Unified Recovery is tiered so that as you consume more and manage more data, you have a lower price point for each terabyte that you protect.
With this new offering the customer has the ability to reduce their costs even further. If they deduplicate the data that TSM is storing or archive that data and remove it from the backup stream, they can reduce the amount of capacity that's being measured and thus reduce the amount of licenses required.
Customers like this new offering. They like the visibility that they get into their costs and they like the control that they now have over licensing and consumption.
If someone needs more information about the Suite for Unified Recovery, they should contact their Tivoli salesperson for more information.
Standard YouTube License
- 15:45 IBM's storage transformation featuring SmartCloud Virtual Centerby ibmservicemanagement636 views
- 1:58 Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery: Simplify Recoveryby ibmservicemanagement363 views
- 2:24 Data Storage, Management and Recovery with IBM Tivoli® Solutionsby ibmservicemanagement623 views
- 5:45 IBM's Smarter Storage Visionby ibmservicemanagement40 views
- 54:52 Understanding Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environmentsby Techgig Moderator2,996 views
- 30:58 Upgrading Tivoli Storage Manager 5.5 to 6.3.4by Sean Sperry2,484 views
- 1:11:34 Tivoli Storage Manager Architectural Designby IBMEdge660 views
- 10 videos Play all Tivoli Storage Manager Basic Administration Tasksby ismconnect
- 26:10 TSM Server 6.3.4 Installation and Configuration Stepsby Anil K Y Ommi492 views
- 1:18:10 Mike Griese: IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center 5.1 - Day 1by IBMEdge2,119 views
- 14:58 Tivoli Storage Manager Operation Center 7.1 new featuresby Tricia Jiang791 views
- 27:52 IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environments - Installation and Configurationby Cyrus Niltchian2,081 views
- 14:14 Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center install and configby Tricia Jiang2,285 views
- 24:10 Technical Introduction to IBM WebSphere MQby IBM SupportTV36,693 views
- 14:56 Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center walk throughby Tricia Jiang1,860 views
- 30:01 IBM Tivoli Storage FlashCopy Manager for VMware - Installation and Configurationby Cyrus Niltchian637 views
- 11:42 How to create dynamic job types on IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler V8.6 Part 1by Orb Data1,995 views
- 18:02 TSM Backup-archive functions: Backing up and restoring databy ismconnect1,177 views
- 14:00 IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager: Software Usage Analysisby ibmservicemanagement3,183 views
- 13:59 IBM TSM for Virtual Environments - TDP for VMware Demoby Tectrade UK15,138 views