Queen humiliates President Obama at Buckingham Palace by refusing toast - May 24 2011
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 24, 2011
Follow more action on Twitter @arbolioto
One of the tricks of monarchic protocol is to make it obscure enough to catch guests and make them feel lesser beings. That's the idea of monachy! Make everybody else feel lesser beings!
This is also about cross-cultures. Two persons were expecting diffrent things from the same event (check http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0052MGKBY).
The Queen gives a cold shoulder to President Obama for breaking protocol offering a toast to Herself while they are playing HER SONG: 'God Save the Queen', of course.
Buckingham Palace entrapped the President by allowing the band to start early but the Queen should not have ignored a sincere offer of a toast by the US president, after all she's the copyright owner of the track.
An insult to all Americans. The Queen allowed Obama to suffer in silence his personal opprobrium. No way to treat a guest.
In the case of the Queen and other lesser royals when you have nothing to do all day pomp, protocol and etiquette becomes the only activity they care about.
So when somebody doesn't follow the 'rule' (their rule) they go cold not knowing what to do. The last time they did something trivial and intuitive was when they were born.
In the case of Obama he probably thought the music was a addition to the great words he was uttering. Like in a Hollywood movie. it was his Oscar bid.
In short, they were both thinking a lot about themselves at the time.
Americans should stay clear of Monarchy. It is stupid to pander to it for votes in America. Americas should feel proud of their history. After all, weren't the 'French-speaking French' that took American's side during Independence?
The best of America is that we are not a bunch of elitist royals obsessed with 'etiquette' - so a few privileged rulers can be separated from the many underprivileged.
A great Queen would've acted swiftly and toasted. A sad moment for democracy. As usual.
The BBC and many networks including US ones at first did not make any mention of the gaffe in their main news programmes. Some did menion it but did not show the president's face after the snub.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:23 The Hour of Code is hereby Code.org Featured 1,838,418
- 1:42 WATCH OBAMA'S FACE FREEZE - 'ANTICHRIST SPIRIT' CONFRONTED!by faceintree6,427,225 views
- 0:49 SEE How Simple President Obama's Daughter Looks SEE PHOTOS]by celebritytalkonline123,013 views
- 0:25 News Reporter Insults Colleague In the Most Epic Manner on Live TV!!!by alieminemgmailcom2,338,158 views
- 0:57 Michelle Obama Seethes With Angerby governsleast1,248,345 views
- 0:44 Lady Diana Ghost at prince william wedding.by lain mejia7,160,626 views
- 0:42 Very Awkward Moment For Michelle Obamaby Matroos06111,188,624 views
- 1:02 Did Obama Bow To the Queen Of England?by EternalMedia1,016,977 views
- 1:32 Top 10 Curious Facts About The British Royal Familyby Alltime10s350,004 views
- 3:29 Ten GOP WTF Debate Momentsby hmasterpiece85267,042 views
- 4:14 Awkward moment in Obama's toast to the Queenby CBSNewsOnline136,821 views
- 2:23 Queen Elizabeth welcomed President Obama to Buckingham Palace in londonby instantbreakingnews233,279 views
- 1:44 Michelle Malkin slaps down Ignorant Leftist Joy Behar on "The View"by dlwke23,453,475 views
- 46:38 Queen Elizabeth II: A Fascinating Lifeby bertdwyer051315,595 views
- 3:32 The Queen's Arrival at the Funeral of Diana Princess of Walesby reelsarency1,289,639 views
- 1:24 William and Kate Return From Their Honeymoon to Meet the Obamas!by POPSUGAR Entertainment263,699 views
- 0:33 Queen talks back to her mumby Darryl Levine1,401,161 views
- 0:24 John McCain Refuses to shake hands with Barack Obama - 2nd Presidential Debateby TurkishKB419,519 views
- 3:33 LIST: Top 10 Obama Insults Against Britainby FoxNewsInsider88,640 views
- 51:01 HM The Queen Elizabeth - Her True Storyby Paulo Carvalho226,060 views
- Loading more suggestions...