Parent company HDI refuse Sisson Brook Mine meetings for Fredericton and Saint Mary's First Nations
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 2, 2013
Several communities downstream from the proposed Sisson Brook Mine are excluded from the Federal Environmental Impact Assessment open house meetings being conducted by the mining company, even though all these communities share the same Nashwaak River watershed. Myke Clark, Senior Manager Public Affair for Hunter Dickinson Inc. (Vancouver, BC), acknowledges that his company will not provide public comment meetings for Fredericton citizens and the Saint Mary's First Nation community during their ongoing Federal environmental impact assessment (EIA) process. The closing date for public input into the Federal EIA process is October 14, 2013.
PROPOSED SISSON MINE (CONSERVATION COUNCIL OF NEW BRUNSWICK)
SUMMARY NOTES FROM LAST NIGHT'S OPEN HOUSE IN STANLEY, N.B. :
At the Sisson Project Open House in the Stanley Area last evening (October 1, 2013), the spokesperson for NB Power confirmed that the new powerline to service the Sisson Mine will cost NB ratepayers $9 Million. So much for Craig Leonard's claim of no government subsidy for this project.
Also, it became clear at the Open House that Northcliff has ignored Fredericton and the other communities of the Lower Nashwaak in its public notices of Open House times and locations. Given that Open Houses are being held in Stanley, Juniper, and as far away as Nackawic, and given that it has been reported that notices were distributed as far away as Woodstock, it would appear that Northcliff is fearful of facing the public of the Lower Nashwaak. This behaviour begs the question "WHY?".
MLA Kirk MacDonald spoke briefly with protesters outside the event, but MP Mike Allen could not get past the protest group fast enough; it was actually quite comical to watch the retreat.
Joanne Weiss-Reid of the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA) was on hand and spoke briefly with me about my official complaint that CEAA has placed the public and the provincial Technical Review Committee at an extreme disadvantage by releasing an incomplete Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), already acknowledged to be premature by the authors. The CEAA action has not only wasted precious participatory funding, it has also wasted a significant chunk of the agency's allotted 12 months of total EA response time. The release of a study report containing conclusions based on studies acknowledged by the authors to be incomplete is in nobody's interest.
It would be a strategic time for any reviewers who have reached a similar conclusion about the incompleteness of the EIS to make their feelings known to Ms. Weiss-Reid and the CEAA with a copy to Mike Atkinson of CEAA, who was also present at the open house and got an earful on this subject. Here are their e-mail coordinates:
Standard YouTube License
- 11:55 Northcliff Resources Ltd.: The Sisson Projectby HDI Mining1,673 views
- 10:21 CODEX ALIMENTARIUS CANADA - Shawn Buckley On Bill C-6 (Now Bill C-36) - Part 1 of 2by RobinMFisher576 views
- 9:36 Video simulation of proposed Route 8 Roundaboutby City Fredericton1,409 views
- 20:43 TransCanada Communications Employee Philippe Cannon interview in Plaster Rockby Mark D'Arcy266 views
- 2:53 Top 10 Highly Developed Countries 2013by WorldTop10s8,023 views
- 7:17 Elsipogtog Chief Aaron Sock in 2nd Day of Talks with Premierby Mark D'Arcy283 views
- 2:10 2013 Strategic Execution Conference Recapby IPSLearning135 views
- 14:22 Passing Through Fredericton, New Brunswick 31.07.11by 87pearlgirl3,821 views
- 16:38 Fredericton's Finestby KingTekins487 views
- 8:24 Building a Longhouse in Frederictonby plrstweet302 views
- 8:02 Open Paradigm Project - Laura Nicole Sissonby Open Paradigm121 views
- 5:52 Breaking the law at Tim Horton's on Regent Street in Fredericton!!!by Charles LeBlanc2,015 views
- 8:09 St. Mary's First Nation stands against fracking shale gas in NBby Cory Richardson149 views
- 22:27 Governance & Shale Gas Workshop with Dr. Louis LaPierre, Aug. 15, 2013 (2 of 3)by Mark D'Arcy166 views
- 2:37 YDID Dance Company New Parents Meetingby YvonnesDID583 views
- 4:25 EiS| eXpres Reporting Project Strategyby EiS Technologies100 views
- 8:40 DRIcore Subfloor Installation Videoby dwdt77191,135 views
- 4:20 Mapping the Way: Yukon First Nation Self-Governmentby mappingtheway1,767 views
- 23:07 Governance & Shale Gas Workshop with Dr. Louis LaPierre, Aug. 15, 2013 (3 of 3)by Mark D'Arcy91 views
- 48:46 Confirm Parent Meeting Oct 8, 2013 part Iby St. Mary's Parish (Moscow and Genesee, ID)11 views
- Loading more suggestions...