One in a Thousand - A Flight of Discovery
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 26, 2012
The video introduction to "One in a Thousand", the world's most sophisticated interactive eBook.
BUY THE APP HERE:
"One in a Thousand" is Ian Coristine's sixth book about the Thousand Islands and his first fully interactive eBook. The 100,000 word text was written with co-author Donna Walsh Inglehart ("Grindstone," "Breaking the Ring") and produced with the magical talents of the McLellan Group's creative team. The book was created expressly for the iPad and pushes the boundaries of the new digital publishing age.
"In 1992 I took off on a flight with two friends in our Challenger floatplanes. With no destination in mind, we arrived, by chance, in the 1000 Islands. I was stunned by what I saw. Now I live here, and with my plane I've been treated to a "privileged view" of the islands. Like the writers of "The Olive Farm," "A Year in Provence" and "Under the Tuscan Sun," I've found my special place in the world. It has completely changed my life.
Written with novelist Donna Walsh Inglehart, this is my story. When the iPad emerged, I saw the potential of using images, audio, video and music to bring my story to life in a much richer form than text and images alone. The award-winning band Great Lake Swimmers visited the area and fell in love with the River, recording their 2009 album, Lost Channels, at Singer Castle and St. Brendan's Church. They have kindly provided new instrumental music tracks.
I'm genuinely over the moon about all that is now possible with a downloadable book! I've been able to include videos of my flying adventures here in the islands, slideshows set to Great Lake Swimmers music, lots of my favourite images, sounds of the River, interactive maps and more. I hope everyone enjoys immersing themselves in this, as much as we have enjoyed creating it."
Standard YouTube License
- 1:21 John Flying the Challenger II in HDby Scott VincentFeatured 2,091
- 15:00 Challenger II, Quad City Challenger, Quad City Challenger experimental light sport aircraft.by ultralightnews 12,761 views
- 9:43 My first ever Ultralight / LSA Ride, Challenger IIby Marcus White 22,191 views
- 14:31 Challenger Ultralight flight.by powderslider 26,619 views
- 7:48 Island Timeby Bryan Quickmire 14,153 views
- 100 videos Play all Challengerby 49richard
- 6:42 Breakfast at Herb's in my Challenger Ultralightby CLdriver1960 491 views
- 9:48 Quad City Challenger Clipped Wing Flying, Dead Stick Landing, Stalls, Slips, and Swoopingby Eric Marenyi 11,574 views
- 7:57 Challenger 2 CWS (Got Rudder?)by 503challenger 3,724 views
- 2:44 [DxO Image Master] Ian Coristine: One in a Thousand app behind-the-scenesby DxOLabs 4,664 views
- 16:49 Flying the TYRO recreational (ultralight) aircraftby Robert Shaw 86,161 views
- 9:12 Challenger ultralight Puddlejumper Float work - Pewaukee Lake, Wisconsin.m4vby Betty Lance 8,657 views
- 12:39 Quad City Challenger low flight with doors onby Eric Marenyi 6,307 views
- 6:21 Challenger 2 Ultralight Aircraftby flyyer42 2,526 views
- 7:32 sunset Quad City Challenger II flightby n432mm 2,526 views
- 2:37 1000 Islands St. Lawrence River Canada/USAby moskalmultimedia 20,920 views
- 6:47 Flying a Challenger on Floats in Ontario's Great Northby rudimart1 7,442 views
- 4:15 Circuit Montebelloby Bryan Quickmire 892 views
- 6:16 Challenger Ultralight Flight to our fishing site at Pueblo Reservoirby pastorlarkin 2,215 views
- 4:08 The Very Best of Ian Coristine's 1000 Islandsby Ian Coristine 7,618 views
- 3:10 Legal Eagle chasing a Challenger.wmvby kdxfish 677 views
- Loading more suggestions...