RNs and Obama Say NO to Forced Health INSURANCE!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 26, 2009
"Some folks who said that it's not possible to provide universal health care coverage unless there's a mandate._ Their essential argument is the only way to get everybody covered is if the government forces you to buy health insurance. If you don't buy it, then you'll be penalized in some way....The reason people don't have health insurance is because they can't afford it."
In the Feb. 21, 2008, debate with Hillary Clinton, then-Sen. Obama stated plainly,- " Massachusetts has a mandate right now. They have exempted 20 percent of the uninsured because they have concluded that that 20 percent can't afford it. In some cases, there are people who are paying fines and still can't afford it, so now they're worse off than they were. They don't have health insurance and they're paying a fine."
President Obama should heed his own words and block an individual mandate from being part of any health care reform. Otherwise, in his words, the people he is claiming to help will end up worse off than they were.
Significantly, in Massachusetts, where an individual-mandate health reform law, much like what President Obama is proposing on a national scale, was passed in 2006, at least 352,000 people, or 5.5 percent of the population, remained uninsured in 2008. That number was actually (but non-significantly) higher than the number of uninsured in 2007, before strict enforcement of the individual and employer mandates went into effect.
The legislation championed by the president and the congressional leadership is a virtual clone of the Massachusetts plan, said Dr. Steffie Woolhandler, professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School and co-founder of Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP). Todays numbers show that plans that require people to buy private insurance dont work. Obamas plan to replicate Massachusetts reform nationally risks failure on a massive scale.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:54 A Doctor Sings The "Obama Care Blues" Health Care Reform Music Videoby Wayne Liebhard16,623 views
- 4:18 Sen. Thomas Carper (D.-Del.), Doesn't Expect To Read Health Care Bill Because It's Too Confusingby garinyuri954 views
- 4:33 Nelson Mandela Death: Obama Remembers 'Profoundly Good' Manby The New York Times13,368 views
- 2:22 School Kids Sing For Health Care Reform On CNNby garinyuri23,463 views
- 10:58 What's really in Obama care ? Obama's Health Care Reform Billby nursingscrubsplace4,638 views
- 9:17 Sen. Barack Obama on health care from SentinelSource.comby SentinelSourceDotCom3,735 views
- 4:31 President Obama Mourns the Death of Nelson Mandelaby WSJDigitalNetwork28,145 views
- 0:29 Boehner: Health Care Takeover is Unconstitutionalby JohnBoehnerdotcom1,556 views
- 6:11 Health Insurance Marketplace Application processby trumanmedicalcenters1,253 views
- 0:49 OBAMA VS OBAMA...IN 08 Obama Argued Against His Own Mandate.by UFPnews3,230 views
- 0:45 Little Soldier Girl Talks About Dad's Deploymentby garinyuri9,708 views
- 6:51 Five Things You Should Know About Health Care Reform for 2014by Giangola Insurance1,134 views
- 51:03 FULL Speech - President Obama Promotes Health Care Law - 9/26/2013by YouHotNews9,706 views
- 6:38 Obama is a Liar who lied to get the nomination and now is trying to destroy this nation! HR 3962by Joseph DuPont962 views
- 46:46 In Full: Obama Health Care Addressby CBS99,218 views
- 7:15 Jefferson County Missouri Tea Partyby Adam Sharp348 views
- 2:20 Obama Refuses to Rule Out Jail Time for People Who Don't Buy Health Insurance.by LamePseudonym138,193 views
- 11:51 Why Are People with Health Insurance Going Bankrupt?by TheRealNews5,561 views
- 0:23 Obama on mandatesby hemarasio25,004 views
- 10:27 Obama: "The Time To Deliver Is Now" On Health Reformby PoliticsNewsPolitics2,826 views
- Loading more suggestions...