Uploaded on Jan 18, 2011
Music: "Milyang Arirang" played by Chae Okseon (gayageum musical instrument):
Korean authentic pine nut porridge
Pine nuts, rice, salt, and water.
Directions (for 1 serving):
1. Soak 1/3 cup of short-grain rice in cold water for 1-2 hours.
2. Rinse and drain and put it into a blender.
3. Add 2 tbs pine nuts (with the tips removed) and 2 cups of water to the blender.
4. Blend the mixture finely for about 3 minutes, until it turns into a milky white liquid.
5. Pour the liquid into a heavy bottomed pot.
6. Cook it over medium high heat. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon.
7. It'll get thicker in about 3 minutes. Add ½ ts of kosher salt, lower the heat to medium low, and stir for 5 more minutes. The porridge will get thinner and a little soupy.
8. Transfer the finished porridge to a serving bowl and garnish with a few pine nuts on top.