Tim Ferriss on 4-Hour Chef, Meta-Learning and Living the Good Life | EXCLUSIVE
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Nov 16, 2012
Author Tim Ferriss talks about his new book, "The Four Hour Chef," and makes delicious, fresh ceviche. SUBSCRIBE for more exclusives from your favorite people: http://full.sc/NfhdwD
BUY "THE FOUR HOUR CHEF": http://fourhourchef.com/
Follow Tim on Twitter: @tferriss
New York Times best-selling author Tim Ferriss has previously written about making money more efficiently (in "The Four Hour Workweek"), working out and getting in shape effectively ("The Four Hour Body") and now he's tackling the mastery of food in his latest opus, "The Four Hour Chef." The books utilize Ferriss' technique of meta-learning, ideal for cutting out extraneous information and zeroing in on just the essential info for becoming an expert in anything quickly. (He's described the series as a trilogy, culminating in "Four Hour Chef.")
Now Ferriss stops by What's Trending to talk about the book and how he learns everything from dancing to cooking to languages in record time. He also talks about being BANNED from Barnes & Noble stores due to his deal with Amazon Publishing, and how he has responded. (SPOILER: Part of the answer includes a deal with BitTorrent!)
Tim's "4 Minute Ceviche" Recipe:
1 lb: Small wild Gulf shrimp or wild Maine shrimp (peeled and deveined
1 c (240 mil): Freshly squeezed lime juice (8 limes or so)
2 large tomatillos (or Roma tomatoes)
2 large, ripe avocados
1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
Salt and Pepper to taste
8 basil leaves, torn into pieces
½ c (10 g) fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place shrimp, tomatillos, pepper, salt and basil in a casserole dish or pan.
- Cover with lime juice.
- Let sit covered for an hour, stir, then let sit for several more hours (preferably overnight.)
- Serve with fresh chopped cilantro and slices of avocado.
In the video, Tim also recommends the following products:
- Rada Cutlery Knife or Cleaver
- Lint-free Huck Towel
- Aero Coffee Press
Read our blog to discover more trends!
Follow us on Twitter for real-time updates!
Like us on Facebook!
Add us to your circles on Google+!
Come Pin with us on Pinterest!
Love sharing videos? Check us out on Chill.com
Standard YouTube License
- 47:06 Tim Ferriss on Mastering Any Skillby Entrepreneur MagazineFeatured 78,201
- 2:31 Tim Ferriss: "The Four Hour Facebook" Presentation | EXCLUSIVEby Whatstrending 5,331 views
- 5:59 Bill Nye on Science, Education and Changing the World (w/ Matt Mira) | EXCLUSIVEby Whatstrending 6,845 views
- 48:21 Tim Ferriss, "The Four-Hour Chef": Authors at Googleby Talks at Google 53,525 views
- 54:11 Tim Ferriss: Author of "The 4-Hour Body" - Foundationby Revision3 39,905 views
- 15:01 Tim Ferriss: Testing Assumptionsby ChicagoIdeasWeek 1,448 views
- 35:08 Tim Ferriss on "The 4-Hour Body" at NEXT Conferenceby FourHourBody 144,421 views
- 28:08 Timothy Ferriss and The 4-Hour Workweekby FastCompany 39,913 views
- 9:07 Personality Project: Tim Ferriss On Uncomplicating Your Lifeby Rohit Bhargava 49,419 views
- 1:19:57 Tim Ferriss 4 hour work week: Genius Network Interviewsby Genius Network 7,604 views
- 4:35 Tim Ferriss reddit AMA - on incomeby redditgifts 13,754 views
- 13:42 Why The 4-Hour Chef is Boycotted by 1000+ Book Stores like Barnes And Nobleby TrainingWithBayo 1,571 views
- 6:41 Tim Ferriss reddit AMA - on combatting procrastinationby redditgifts 20,303 views
- 6:51 Tim Ferriss and The 4-Hour Body on "The View"by FourHourBodyPress 88,322 views
- 22:17 Tim Ferriss "Four Hour Chef / Four Hour Work Week" interview with The Art of Charm (part 1)by Jordan Harbinger 4,827 views
- 4:52 Tips From The 4 Hour Body Kettlebell Swingby 4hourlife 158,367 views
- 54:01 How to start a business by Tim Ferrissby loiclemeur 173,103 views
- 7:13 30 grams Protein 4-Hour Body Breakfastby healthnutnation 82,113 views
- 6:44 Tim Ferriss - The 3-Minute "Slow-Carb" Breakfastby masterlock77's channel 458,876 views
- 2:35 Tim Ferriss' Rally for 4 Hour Chef and DonorsChoose.orgby RallyFundraise 8,995 views
- Loading more suggestions...