What We Saw at the Glenn Beck Rally in DC
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 28, 2010
On August 28, 2010, Fox News host Glenn Beck held his "Restoring Honor" rally at the foot of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. The aim of the event, explained the lachrymose TV personality, was to "come celebrate America by honoring our heroes, our heritage and our future."
As the Washington Post reports,
"For too long, this country has wandered in darkness, and we have wandered in darkness in periods from the beginning," Beck said, at times pacing at the memorial. "We have had moments of brilliance and moments of darkness. But this country has spent far too long worried about scars and thinking about the scars and concentrating on the scars.
"Today," he continued, "we are going to concentrate on the good things in America, the things that we have accomplished - and the things that we can do tomorrow. The story of America is the story of humankind."
Despite the presence of former Gov. Sarah Palin and many Tea Party trappings, the event was not political, or at least not in any conventional sense. Rather, the speakers called for bringing religion into the public square and using it as the guiding force in all aspects of American life.
Reason.tv was on hand to take in the day and talk with some of the thousands of people who showed up (crowd estimates were unavailable at the time of this writing, though the crowd felt thinner than the one at last year's Tea Party rally). Most of the people we talked to were openly skeptical of politicians of both major parties and agreed strongly with the religious bent of the rally, often arguing that some sort of religious orientation was necessary for what that saw as a return to national greatness.
"What We Saw at the Glenn Beck Rally in DC" was shot by Jim Epstein with help from Josh Swain. Edited by Epstein and Meredith Bragg. Hosted by Nick Gillespie.
Visit www.reason.tv for downloadable versions of the video and subscribe to Reason.tv's YouTube channel to receive automatic notification when new material goes live.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:58 Glenn Beck Teabagger Rally - Hostile reactions to questions put to Teabaggersby Velvet Revolution51,565 views
- Glenn Beck 246 videos16K
- 39:41 Glenn Beck Exposes the Private Fed; Gets Fired by Foxby P0LICEstateWATCH470,988 views
- 2:14:03 Your Girlfriend May Be Insane!by Stefan Molyneux29,675 views
- 11:12 Tea-Party Venom & Hate: GOP's Monster Comes Back To Haunt Themby politicalarticles7,546 views
- 6:46 Glenn Beck: When You Lose Jon Stewart on Obamacare 'You're Done'by MichaelSavage4Prez31,506 views
- 5:54 What We Saw at the Stewart-Colbert Rally to Restore Sanityby ReasonTV217,549 views
- 6:44 Glenn Beck under attack about 8/28 Restoring Honor Rallyby RestoreAmerica7645,744 views
- 5:26 What We Saw at the 9/12 Tea Party Rally in DCby ReasonTV45,505 views
- 5:09 Glenn Beck: Cars.gov allows government to takeover your computerby markedmannerf1,426,005 views
- 6:48 Jon Stewart Rips Glenn Beckby imaginaryuniverse816,032 views
- 9:46 The reason Glenn Beck was Fired!by FindingYahsWay396,840 views
- 1:58 Glenn Beck Showing His Colorsby smmfryguy509,289 views
- 10:00 John Avlon: "How the Lunatic Fringe Is Hijacking America"by ReasonTV14,157 views
- 42:50 Glenn Beck talks to Penn Jillette, author of "Every Day is an Atheist Holiday! More Magical Tales"by GlennBeckBookList416,642 views
- 10:01 Tucker Carlson on The Daily Caller, Jon Stewart, & Libertarianismby ReasonTV33,264 views
- 7:33 Glenn Beck- The Reason Behind Obama's Disdain For Great Britainby TheDailyBeck15,636 views
- 7:16 OOPS... Video of Obama's shapeshifter agent hits MSM and Glenn Beck tries to debunk it.by StillSpeakingOut102,361 views
- 3:58 Inconvenient Debt - Glenn Beckby AmericaRightChannel805,155 views
- 12:21 Glenn Beck Reveals a Story He Hasn't Been Able to Share for Over a Year - GOP 'COUP' STORYby SavageNationLiberty36,499 views