Published on Oct 11, 2012
Grand Rapids beer lovers put G.R. on the national craft beer map May 14th when the city won (in a statistical tie with Asheville, NC) the title of BeerCity USA. In celebration of the title win, MIbeers, a promoter of the Michigan craft beer community, produced the G.R. BeerCity USA 2012 celebration video, "99 Bottles of Beer".
The video is directed by Kevin Budzynski of Whiskey Neat and highlights all 16 local breweries including B.O.B's Brewery, Brewery Vivant, Founder's, Grand Rapids Brewing Company, Harmony Brewing, High Five Co-op, Hopcat, Jaden James Brewing, Michigan Beer Cellar, Perrin Brewing, Pike 51, Rockford Brewing, Schmohz Brewery, The Hideout, The Mitten Brewing Company and White Flame Brewing Company.
Craft beer lovers were encouraged to visit the breweries to participate in the video, in which Grand Rapids Mayor George Heartwell can be seen, along with other local personalities.
The video is sponsored by the Grand Rapids Brewing Company and highlights the Grand Rapids Public Museum exhibit "Thank You Beer", running from October 13 through December 30, 2012.
*Grand Rapids Brewers - for creating world-class brews and welcoming us in!
* Mark Sellers and The Grand Rapids Brewing Company for believing in us and sponsoring this project!
* Mayor George Heartwell - your passion for GR is infectious!
* Charile Papazian and The Examiner for giving us this opportunity!
* Founder's - for donating KBS and Furniture City Stock Ale, you made us so hoppy!
* Steve Smith for wrangling our special brews
* Randy & Betsy Finch - Ice Trophy Extraordinaires
* Simien the Whale - never heard '99 Bottles' sound so good!
* John, Rick and Nick - Best crew beer money can buy.
* Laurie Schaal - for being our tenacious Talent Tapper
* Todd Chance - no one scales beer tanks better than you!
* Jordon Carson - your presence and smile lit up the tap room!
* Tommy Allen - your affection for GR & it's brews was palpable!
* Steve Aldrich - so enjoyed rockin' with you!
* Jim Grego - you know why!
* Tom Bantle and The GR Public Museum for showcasing GR's passion for our brews!
* And....for all you Grand Rapids' beer loyalists who came out to show your support...YOU won GR this title! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! Now go enjoy a Grand Rapids Brew
Standard YouTube License