Google Grid - Android Homescreen Tutorial
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 5, 2013
Never before have we seen such an amazing blend of Google and Windows. Google Grid by Yihaomizhijia is a scrollable homescreen fits in perfectly with almost any Android, and we know that if you enjoy scrollable screens, this will be your favourite. The left hand side comes with all your important icons, while on the right is scrollable app shortcuts, that includes an info tile at the top. This video tutorial will help you recreate this homescreen onto your Android phone.
Google Grid on MyColorScreen: http://mycolorscreen.com/2013/08/03/g...
✖ Part 1: Before you begin
These are the apps you will need:
ssLauncher (Paid): http://bit.ly/11u9lzf
Mianogen - Icon Pack: http://bit.ly/13B4zDX
Nova Launcher (or similar, for the app drawer): http://bit.ly/14uy5hm
Required for homescreen setup:
✖ Part 2: ssLauncher Settings
Now you can do this with either Nova/Apex or Holo Launcher, but it is a lot easier with ssLauncher. Only use Nova/Apex if the UCCW skins fit perfectly. Also this screen works the best for the paid version (The Original) as some parts and options can't be chosen with the free version.
1. Drag all the widgets into the 'trash bin' at the top.
2. Go into the Menu - Preferences.
3. Enable Full Screen, Disable Scroll Wallpaper, Go back
4. Go into Menu - Theme - Label.
5. Enable Hide Labels, Apply Changes.
6. Now go into Preferences - Enable Full Screen.
7. Go back into the Menu - Remove all Pages except Home and Applications.
8. Note: Remove the Applications page at the end of the tutorial for ease of use.
✖ ssLauncher - The Complete Guide: http://youtu.be/nn1D37FzMaE
✖ Part 3: Wallpaper Setup
1. Hold down on the homescreen - Wallpaper.
2. Select your preferred gallery app, then select the wallpaper that fits your phone, it will be in the folder "Wallpaper".
3. As long as the wallpaper fits more or less the whole screen, select OK.
✖ Part 4: Shortcut Setup
1. Hold down on the homescreen - New Shortcut
2.Target - Only change for the app shortcuts.
3. Style - Select the option that has the icon only
4, Background - Background Image - Add an image - Select the Tiles folder - Select the large white blank tile - Select it - Apply Settings.
5. Icon - Icon - Add an image - Find the Blank.png - Select it - Apply Settings.
6. Apply Settings
7. Now hold down on the shortcut - Copy - Hold down on the homescreen below it - Paste. Now hold down on this shortcut - Edit.
8. Change the Target and Background image as shown for each shortcut.
9. For the Application drawer - New shortcut - Type - Others - Target - Nova Launcher - Application drawer.
10. Apply the same technique for the top text, but just make the style text only.
✖ Part 5: UCCW
1. Hold down on the homescreen - New Widget - UCCW - any size.
2. In the main menu after tapping the widget, select "uzip", now just find where you pasted the folder and look for the 'today' skin.
3. After it appears on your homesreen, resize it to the way it looks in the video.
4. Tap the skin, this will allow for complete resizing and moving of the skin, as well as hotspot editing, see the video for more details.
5. Turn Lock Widgets ON (found in the UCCW editor menu) to prevent opening the editor each time.
✖ UCCW Tutorials: http://bit.ly/Sq9Euf
✖ Part 6: Icon Setup
1. Menu - Theme - Icon Pack - Mianogen.
2. Now swipe to the Applications Page - Then drag the desired app onto the Home Page.
3. Add it where ever you want on the left hand side, then resize it a bit smaller and re-position it to make the shortcut look a lot better.
4. Note: this is just a shortcut, you welcome to hold down on the homescreen - New shortcut, then use the method above.
Thanks very much for watching this tutorial, please don't forget to subscribe, as well as like/comment on/share this video!
The Artist: http://bit.ly/11RtQcv
Twitter (Marco): https://twitter.com/MarcoJHB
Original Intro by Velosofy: http://www.youtube.com/user/velosofy
Name of the track: We Were Young
Artist of the track: Unknown
Direct URL of the track: http://bit.ly/14KF3dg
Link to online license terms: http://bit.ly/11BM6GG
Standard YouTube License
- 23:35 변신자동차또봇9기-엄마의자장가2 1~5화by 유경진 Featured 4,857,059
- 19:36 The Panels (by AXT) (Google Maps) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen13,336 views
- 18:37 Serenity (by ToxicThunder) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen28,369 views
- 19:53 Media Utilities - The Complete Guideby mycolorscreen10,632 views
- 11:03 Fluorescent (by GaRyArTs) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen32,033 views
- 25:30 Suavity (by Toxic Thunder) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen49,522 views
- 10:34 MNML Colourful (by PLQ) - Beginner Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen28,603 views
- 19:03 Android 7.0 (by ldjalal@XDA) (iOS7 style) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen20,955 views
- 13 videos Play all Sslauncher theme setupby froyo212
- 8:38 Plus UI (by dmaischolar) Part 1 - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen32,395 views
- 8:04 Read My Mind (by RDXHD)- Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen10,808 views
- 11:23 Nice Ice (by JKDesign) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen32,611 views
- 13:51 Glass Home (Google Glass Homescreen) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen32,571 views
- 10:38 Maxi (by pytacz) - Beginner Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen8,670 views
- 16:26 Holo UI Colors (by fluffen) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen12,315 views
- 8:10 Vintage (HITMAN1K) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen34,114 views
- 9:10 Halo Lockscreen (by Empol) - Android Lock Screen Tutorialby mycolorscreen43,538 views
- 7:16 BK's SD (by BRKotucs) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen22,863 views
- 12:10 Simple FlipCards (Alex T.) - Android Homescreen Tutorialby mycolorscreen22,304 views
- 11:36 UVA (by Pedro Paniago) - Android Lock Screen Tutorial (Beginner)by mycolorscreen15,126 views