Vote BP for Greenwash Gold 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 15, 2012
Vote BP for Greenwash Gold 2012: http://www.greenwashgold.org/index.ph...
BP's brand is all over the Olympics. Incredibly, it has landed the prestigious title of 'Sustainability Partner'. It is bankrolling educational and cultural initiatives, providing fuel for the Games, and sponsoring many athletes. The Olympics are the perfect vehicle for BP to try to convince the public that it is a good corporate citizen, playing an important social and environmental role.
But BP is one of the most unsustainable companies on the planet. It is entirely focused on extracting every last fossil fuel it can get its hands on, including tar sands, the most destructive industrial project on the planet. If the Canadian tar sands are fully exploited as planned, they will contribute more than 10% of all the carbon emissions that humanity can afford to emit, ever, if we are to prevent runaway climate change. Extracting oil from tar sands also destroys swathes of boreal forest, uses huge amounts of fresh water, and causes soaring rates of illness in local communities.
And despite the Deepwater Horizon disaster having permanently destroyed large portions of the Gulf Coast, BP is proudly restarting its deepwater drilling. It is also exploring the Arctic, where the volatile conditions make a Gulf-like spill both more likely to happen and much harder to control -- and such a disaster would cause unprecedented damage to the fragile ecoystem. Oh, and BP recently closed down its solar division, giving up on this essential renewable technology, because it just wasn't profitable enough.
Overall, BP's business plans are based on dangerous scenarios that would lead to a six degree temperature rise and, inevitably, catastrophic climate change.
BP was put forward by the UK Tar Sands Network in partnership with Indigenous Environmental Network and Platform.
Directed and Animated by Angus Dick
Standard YouTube License
- 1:04:54 The BP Oil Spill 2 Years Later by Lenon Honorby Lenon HonorFeatured 4,590
- 1:21 Vote Rio Tinto for Greenwash Gold 2012by GreenwashGold 7,199 views
- 0:52 Vote DOW Chemical for Greenwash Gold 2012by GreenwashGold 4,520 views
- 30:49 Alberta Oil Sands: aboutby YourAlberta 45,327 views
- 1:08:35 (QC) L'Erreur Boréale (Richard Desjardins, documentaire) .aviby Andre Bellefleur 2,634 views
- 11:39 Tar Sands Oil Extraction - The Dirty Truthby SustainableGuidance 188,814 views
- 54:48 Entrepreneurial Spirit Needed: Tony Hayward, British Petroleumby stanfordbusiness 15,257 views
- 1:42 Tar Sands Pipelines: the Dirtiest Oil on Earthby NationalSierraClub 61,278 views
- 18:26 Two years since BP disaster, Congress has done nothing - The Rachel Maddow Show (April 20th, 2012)by Panzerfaust04 704 views
- 2:31 BP's History Revealed in "Cute" Commercial Cartoon- Greenwashers excerptby anExternalmind 2,296 views
- 6:50 Greenwash Gold Awards Ceremonyby GreenwashGold 1,319 views
- 6:34 Culture Pub / Enquête sur le greenwashing / 22 décembre 2008by WWFFrance 17,553 views
- 4:44 'Out damn logo!' The Reclaim Shakespeare Company at the Roundhouseby William Shakespeare 1,615 views
- 2:45 BP wins Greenpeace 'greenwash' award...by GreenpeaceUK 12,378 views
- 0:56 CHEVRON 'Greenwashing Campaign' Spoofby TroubleandMaker 3,925 views
- 7:48 BP OIL SPILL COCKTAIL *BIKINI INCLUDED!!!by vlogolution 259,974 views
- 14:38 TNK-BPby StormProductionVideo 533 views
- 24:53 People & Power - The Great Olympic Greenwashby AlJazeeraEnglish 3,183 views
- 2:14 greenwashingby YkarstenY 3,451 views
- 3:04 Greenwashing - The Media Showby themediashow 10,260 views
- Loading more suggestions...