Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Crime Rate In The World
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 15, 2009
When thinking about the mass extermination camps of a holocaust think..
The key to freedom is to be able to have the ability to defend yourself &, if you dont have the tools to do that, then youre going to be at the mercy of whomever wants to put you away.
Guns are deeply rooted within Swiss culture - but the gun crime rate is so low that statistics are not even kept.
The country has a population of six million, but there are estimated to be at least two million publicly-owned firearms, including about 600,000 automatic rifles and 500,000 pistols.
This is in a very large part due to Switzerland's unique system of national defence, developed over the centuries.
Instead of a standing, full-time army, the country requires every man to undergo some form of military training for a few days or weeks a year throughout most of their lives.
Between the ages of 21 and 32 men serve as frontline troops. They are given an M-57 assault rifle and 24 rounds of ammunition which they are required to keep at home.
Once discharged, men serve in the Swiss equivalent of the US National Guard, but still have to train occasionally and are given bolt rifles. Women do not have to own firearms, but are encouraged to.
Update 28th December 2010:
Out of nearly 3 million views of this video there are 4358 thumbs up to 427 thumbs down. So, you could say, if any of us lived in any sort of real democracy in this world that would mean that only one in every ten people would like to keep gun control laws. Guess this means that we're not and that the tyrants still have all the real power.
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
Standard YouTube License
- 6:45 911 Caller With Gun in Home Invasionby iq201Featured 406,588
- 0:58 Penn & Teller on the 2nd Amendmentby christopherwu 892,138 views
- 6:50 Piers Morgan gets angry after losing Gun Control debate and throws his notes towards his guest !by nycresistance 1,615,307 views
- 7:57 Matthews vs. Gun Owner: "You're Carrying A G-D D-mn Gun!"by Greg Hengler 333,513 views
- swissinfo.ch videos 719 videos3K
- 0:43 R. Lee Ermey On Oppressive UK Gun Lawsby crutley2 52,833 views
- 7:49 NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrinaby NRAVideos 1,456,179 views
- 4:37 Gun Control explainedby Battlefield315 565,718 views
- 6:00 Visit Switzerland: 5 Things You Will Love & Hate About Visiting Switzerlandby woltersworld 28,992 views
- 4:02 Rep. Allen West: Obama is a Marxist; I've Been Racist All My Life According to Liberalsby revolutionactivist 41,980 views
- 46 videos Play all ak 103 and kalashnikovsby HunterofDemons
- 9:27 Switzerland; Gun Laws: Swiss Vote to Keep Gun Rights; To keep military rifles at homeby jbranstetter04 37,759 views
- 10:40 NRA: To See Where Gun Licensing Leads, Look To Great Britainby NRAVideos 302,062 views
- 9:08 NRANews follows up the Gun Ban in the United Kingdomby NRAVideos 400,149 views
- 9:07 Alex Jones Plays My Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Crime Rate In The World Video.by crutley2 48,459 views
- 2:01 Armed 11 year old Girl Defends Home from 3 armed Burglars: Armed Citizenby jbranstetter04 2,008,829 views
- 6:28 Gun Control in Australia - Watch and Weepby crankabit 474,494 views
- 3:46 Farewell to Army? Best-armed Swiss shift opinion to abolish militiaby RussiaToday 48,935 views
- 9:15 NRA News: UN Doomsday Treaty With Ginny Simoneby NRANews 1,335,159 views
- 10:00 John Stossel - Gun Laws That Killby LibertyPen 114,298 views
- 6:28 Gun Control - Watch What Happens When Guns Are Banned.by MrPsychoVids 661,950 views
- 22:59 Inside Story - Switzerland's minaret ban- 2 Dec 09by AlJazeeraEnglish 49,782 views
- Loading more suggestions...