Mitt Gets Worse: Anthony Rapp
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 25, 2012
Anthony Rapp is an American stage and film actor and singer best known for originating the role of Mark Cohen in the Broadway production of Jonathan Larson's Tony and Pulitzer Prize-winning musical Rent in 1996. Rapp later reprised the role in the film version of Rent in 2009. He also portrayed Charlie Brown in the 1999 Broadway revival of You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown. Rapp's film credits include Adventures in Babysitting, Dazed and Confused, A Beautiful Mind, School Ties, Road Trip, and Six Degrees of Separation.
In this video, Rapp recounts his conversations with struggling young LGBT Americans and lays out the choice before us in the 2012 election.
I guess you could say I'm pretty lucky. As a young openly gay man I haven't
had too many direct struggles with being able tolive freely and openly. I mean, I've had little things here and there, but I've been so fortunate to be a part of a time in history where we are making enormous strides, moving forward, where the country is becoming more willing to talk openly
and honestly about LGBT issues in all walks of life.
I'm Anthony Rapp, and as an actor over the years I've had the privilege of meeting many young people who have shared with me their stories of struggle and triumph as they fought to be recognized for who they are, to be able to live openly and freely as LGBT Americans, and their stories are why I'm here.
Massachusetts had been a state that had been at the forefront of empowering LGBT youth, providing programs and services to them. Mitt, through executive order, abolish the
LGBT Youth Commission.
A young man that I met years ago, who shared with me that his father, when he came out, went into his bedroom with him, sat on his bed, handed him a gun, and said, "I think you should consider using this on yourself."
Mitt was governor of Massachusetts at a time when HIV/AIDS care was growing dramatically. So how was it that during his time as governor, he oversaw fourth consecutive year of
cuts in funding for HIV/AIDS care?
I am convinced that we are only headed toward darkness, and going backwards, decades of progress if Mitt Romney is in the White House.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:50 Anthony Rapp "Losing My Religion" by R.E.M.by FamousInNY Featured 2,923
- 21:16 Anthony Rapp (RENT) - Without You - LIVE Preview Show [Full, Unedited]by JogBird2,519 views
- 1:01 Why Not Mitt Romney (In 60 Seconds)by David Kretzmann62,333 views
- 9:05 LeakyCon Portland "La Vie Boheme" Fandom Parody -- Official Videoby LeakyCon48,827 views
- 7:07 Adam Pascal and Anthony Rappby TheaterJones21,776 views
- 5:34 Mitt Gets Worse: Rep. Barney Frankby Mitt Gets Worse15,085 views
- 1:36 Mitt Gets Worse: Danny O'Donnellby Mitt Gets Worse5,723 views
- 6:17 Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp -- "What You Own"by RentandWickedRock304,546 views
- 3:48 Actor Anthony Rapp on his memoir WITHOUT YOUby Simon & Schuster Books3,307 views
- 1:41 Mitt Gets Worse: Jennifer Chrislerby Mitt Gets Worse7,775 views
- 4:01 Mitt Gets Worse: Julie Goodridgeby Mitt Gets Worse285,063 views
- 1:30 Mitt Romney on LGBTQ Families (2006)by Mitt Gets Worse4,047 views
- 10:33 Gay Basher and Religious Kook mitt romney's Problems are Growingby mccainisthroughX1,728 views
- 2:27 Mitt Gets Worse: Adam Binkby Mitt Gets Worse4,399 views
- 5:24 Origin of Love, from Hedwig And The Angry Inch - Song Fourby RichardSF32,285 views
- 6:20 Anthony Rapp : "Without You"by Paris Broadway Saigon14,137 views
- 4:22 Mitt Romney Gets Ass Handed to Him by Gay Veteran in New Hampshireby David Pakman Show713,755 views
- 8:49 DSM Interview with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal of the Musical Rent Part 1by gemvideoproduction9,306 views
- 5:44 Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp Talk About "RENT" tour and DVDby wpix33,525 views
- 2:54 Anthony Rapp-- "Losing My Religion"by MsArataJ51,969 views
- Loading more suggestions...