World Economic Forum - Technology Pioneer 2009 - Nivio SA - www.nivio.com -
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 24, 2008
Nivio SA has been selected as a Technology Pioneer for the class of 2009.
Nivio, the world's first online windows desktop, is a utility-computing company that makes the complex world of computing as easy as Cable TV for consumers and small businesses. Users can now simply enjoy the "use" of computing without the headaches / complexities associated with them (installing applications, upgrading, viruses, data loss etc). In short, Nivio provides a full virtual Windows Desktop that can be accessed through any internet connected computer (and soon any internet connected device).
Designed as both an online service and an online service bundled with a device (affordable (US$100) / low power / low maintenance), Nivio offers a solution to customers in the developing and developed world; for those with a PC and those without a PC.
The power of Nivio to potentially change the computing landscape has recently being recognised by the World Economic Forum as it selected Nivio as a Technology Pioneer for 2009; with this award, Nivio joins a prestigious group of companies that include Mozilla Firefox, Google and Corel. AMD partnered with Nivio over 2 years ago under its 50x15 initiative as it believed Nivio was going to be an intrumental partner to make sure 50% of the world had computing access by 2015. Finally, the potential of the service is further illustrated by India's largest private Telco, Bharti Airtel Limited, signing an agreement to launch co-branded services to its' customers.
Nivio is a start-up company with head-quarters in Switzerland and R&D in India. It was founded in August 2004 and successfully launched its' online service in April 2008 with over 35,000 registrations till date. It is set to begin full-scale launch of the device globally in the next two quarters; with a focus on emerging markets where PC pentration is less than 3-4% of the population.
Standard YouTube License
- 51:13 Davos 2013 - De-risking Africa (CNBC Africa Debate)by World Economic Forum3,166 views
- 13:45 nivio nDesktop Video Demo.wmvby jknivio1,213 views
- 7:13 CNBC TV18 Young Turks Innovators Nivio & Sachin Duggalby Sachin Duggal3,900 views
- 10:00 India Inc Gen Next Part 2by cnbcindiaincgennext1,063 views
- 4:03 Want to Lose Weight? Try Counting Caloriesby VOA Learning English109,960 views
- 11:00 Premier Wen Jiabao at World Economic Forum 2009 1/3by sasalove2a13,669 views
- 1:01:15 Davos 2013 - (CNN) Emerging Economies at a Crossroadsby World Economic Forum25,132 views
- 3:58 Are You Learning English? These Songs May Helpby VOA Learning English628,560 views
- 1:19:10 Myanmar 2013 - Chasing the Next Big Ideaby World Economic Forum4,645 views
- 2:50 Patna prodigy, now IIT Prof, talks to NDTVby NDTV10,407 views
- 56:20 Davos 2013 - The Global Development Outlookby World Economic Forum7,707 views
- 11:13 a tour of nivio - the online platform that is bringing the magic back to computingby Nivio Cloud10,853 views
- 4:01 A Goal for 2012: Learning Englishby VOA Learning English261,701 views
- 1:33:50 Davos 2012 - Global Economic Outlookby World Economic Forum36,975 views
- 6:50 mChek on Young Turks CNBC TV 18 - part 1by mChekNow3,217 views
- 56:50 India 2012 - A Vision for Indiaby World Economic Forum2,168 views
- 29:00 Nivio lets you access Windows from anywhere, even your iPadby Robert Scoble2,464 views
- 1:53 Nivio puts a datacenter on your home networkby Robert Scoble1,098 views
- 5:52 Explaining Cloud Computingby ExplainingComputers290,938 views
- 7:13 Sachin Duggal, Nivio on Young Turks Innovators, CNBC TV 18by nivioato1,161 views
- Loading more suggestions...