Web 2.0 ... The Machine is Us/ing Us
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 31, 2007
Final version now available!
Web 2.0 in just under 5 minutes.
This is the 2nd draft, and I plan on doing one more final draft. Please leave comments on what could be changed or improved, or what needs to be excluded or included. Subscribe if you want to be notified when the revision is released.
UPDATE: I just added this video to Mojiti where you can actually write your comments into the video itself. It is an exciting experiment in "Video 2.0". Go check it out at http://mojiti.com/kan/2024/3313 and add your voice!
Transcripts are now available as well:
A couple of people have noted that the statement, "XML was created to do just that" (separate form from content) is misleading because CSS enables the same effect with HTML. I tried to integrate CSS into the video, but it ruined the flow. Perhaps in the next draft.
My statement on XML is based on the following from xml.com: "In order to appreciate XML, it is important to understand why it was created. XML was created so that richly structured documents could be used over the web. The only viable alternatives, HTML and SGML, are not practical for this purpose. HTML, as we've already discussed, comes bound with a set of semantics and does not provide arbitrary structure."
Thank you all for the comments. With your help the next draft will be cleaned up and hopefully free of factual errors.
A higher quality version is available for download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6duzg3zioyd Please note that this is the second draft and the final version will not be available until late February after I review all comments and revise the video. Please return for a new download link at that time.
The song is "There's Nothing Impossible" by Deus, available for free at http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/103/
Deus offers music under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 license, yet one more example of the interlinking of people sharing and collaborating this video is attempting to illustrate.
Assistant Professor of Cultural Anthropology
Kansas State University
Standard YouTube License
- 3:49 How to make an Inception Bomb - Tipsy Bartenderby TipsyBartender Featured 113,069
- 55:34 An anthropological introduction to YouTubeby Michael Wesch1,921,006 views
- 6:47 Rethinking Educationby Michael Wesch60,336 views
- 5:28 Information R/evolutionby Michael Wesch706,875 views
- 4:45 A Vision of Students Todayby Michael Wesch4,914,008 views
- 18:35 TEDxKC - Michael Wesch - From Knowledgeable to Knowledge-Ableby TEDxTalks51,072 views
- 15:45 The power of student-driven learning: Shelley Wright at TEDxWestVancouverEDby TEDxTalks5,364 views
- 15:56 TEDxNYED - Mike Wesch - 03/06/10by TEDxTalks19,679 views
- 13:45 How to Handle Misbehaving Students: "Maintaining Classroom Discipline" 1947 McGraw-Hill Filmsby Jeff Quitney32,725 views
- 13:43 How To Maintain Classroom Discipline - Good And Bad Methods Training Educational Videoby rosaryfilms540,463 views
- 1:50 Eric Schmidt, Web 2.0 vs. Web 3.0by channy224,364 views
- 19:34 Kevin Kelly: The next 5,000 days of the webby TED148,258 views
- 3:58 Fed-Up Student Schools Teacher, Demands Better Education (Video)by The Young Turks152,071 views
- 29:12 7 Skills students need for their futureby Asia Society294,508 views
- 16:50 The Future of Communicationby National Geographic72,822 views
- 200 videos Play all Live-Styler TMS Plusby TMSBRANDA
- 3:11 Marcy's Waxing Salonby Showtime37,600,828 views
- 7:22 Motivating Defiant and Disruptive Students to Learn: Passion to Learnby Rich Korb57,472 views
- 6:42 The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutesby Kim Seong Lee27,357,239 views
- 7:15 How to Get the Most Out of Studying: Part 2 of 5, "What Students Should Know About How People Learn"by SamfordCommunication226,454 views