This video is unavailable.
Web 2.0 ... The Machine is Us/ing Us
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 31, 2007
Final version now available!
Web 2.0 in just under 5 minutes.
This is the 2nd draft, and I plan on doing one more final draft. Please leave comments on what could be changed or improved, or what needs to be excluded or included. Subscribe if you want to be notified when the revision is released.
UPDATE: I just added this video to Mojiti where you can actually write your comments into the video itself. It is an exciting experiment in "Video 2.0". Go check it out at http://mojiti.com/kan/2024/3313 and add your voice!
Transcripts are now available as well:
A couple of people have noted that the statement, "XML was created to do just that" (separate form from content) is misleading because CSS enables the same effect with HTML. I tried to integrate CSS into the video, but it ruined the flow. Perhaps in the next draft.
My statement on XML is based on the following from xml.com: "In order to appreciate XML, it is important to understand why it was created. XML was created so that richly structured documents could be used over the web. The only viable alternatives, HTML and SGML, are not practical for this purpose. HTML, as we've already discussed, comes bound with a set of semantics and does not provide arbitrary structure."
Thank you all for the comments. With your help the next draft will be cleaned up and hopefully free of factual errors.
A higher quality version is available for download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6duzg3zioyd Please note that this is the second draft and the final version will not be available until late February after I review all comments and revise the video. Please return for a new download link at that time.
The song is "There's Nothing Impossible" by Deus, available for free at http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/103/
Deus offers music under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 license, yet one more example of the interlinking of people sharing and collaborating this video is attempting to illustrate.
Assistant Professor of Cultural Anthropology
Kansas State University
Standard YouTube License
- 33:44 The Machine is (Changing) Us: YouTube and the Politics of Authenticityby mwesch 90,851 views
- 55:34 An anthropological introduction to YouTubeby mwesch 1,897,915 views
- 4:33 The Machine is Us/ing Us (Final Version)by mwesch 1,592,832 views
- 6:47 Rethinking Educationby mwesch 56,174 views
- 19:34 Kevin Kelly: The next 5,000 days of the webby TEDtalksDirector 144,053 views
- 3:11 Marcy's Waxing Salonby SHOWTIME 37,241,264 views
- 6:42 The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutesby Kim Seong Lee 26,256,435 views
- 11 videos Play all Web Exponentsby GoogleTechTalks
- 3:58 Evolution Web 1.0, Web 2.0 to Web 3.0by davidEPN 170,203 views
- 5:48 The Future Internet: Service Web 3.0by semantictechnology 257,363 views
- 2:46 Here Comes Another Bubble v1.1 - The Richter Scalesby TheRichterScales 694,290 views
- 10:10 What is Web 2.0by danaehowetech 22,700 views
- 15:27 Web 2.0 Expo NY: Gary Vaynerchuk (Wine Library), Building Personal Brand Within the Social Media Landscapeby OreillyMedia 661,939 views
- 1:29:22 Documentary - Amazing Marriage Customs - China Anthropology 101 - English narration w Chinese subsby no9008 4,423 views
- 10:29 Rethinking US.by vloggerconvert 25,870 views
- 9:35 Rafinha 2.0by Arthur Cesar Calefe 176,265 views
- 1:07 Hak.5 Microshaft Web 2.0 Frameworkby Hak5Darren 847,362 views
- 16:50 The Future of Communicationby NationalGeographic 72,141 views
- 8:10 History of the Internetby picolsigns 2,910,528 views
- 6:01 Evolution of Dance - By Judson Laipplyby judsonlaipply 214,535,544 views
- 4:32 Web 2.0 ... The Machine is Using Usby Trevor Kensiski 8,247 views
- Loading more suggestions...