The Elements - Sung by Tom Lehrer
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 10, 2009
Due to popular demand (well my obsession actually!) I have posted my animation with the original Tom Lehrer recording. This song was released on the album More of Tom Lehrer in 1959! If you enjoy the song, try singing it with the backing track, which is also uploaded on YouTube.
Each picture in the song represents a possible use of that element. However, since the song was published, there are now 15 more elements have been discovered (some synthetically), and ten of those have been named. The ten are lawrencium, rutherfordium, dubnium, seaborgium, bohrium, hassium, meitnerium darmstadtium, roentgenium and copernicium.
I am a primary school teacher from Sydney (Australia), and appreciate any feedback. I hope that you enjoy the video. Below are the lyrics to the song if you are game to have a go. Best of luck!
The Elements Song
By Tom Lehrer
There's antimony, arsenic, aluminum, selenium,
And hydrogen and oxygen and nitrogen and rhenium
And nickel, neodymium, neptunium, germanium,
And iron, americium, ruthenium, uranium,
Europium, zirconium, lutetium, vanadium
And lanthanum and osmium and astatine and radium
And gold, protactinium and indium and gallium
And iodine and thorium and thulium and thallium.
There's yttrium, ytterbium, actinium, rubidium
And boron, gadolinium, niobium, iridium
And strontium and silicon and silver and samarium,
And bismuth, bromine, lithium, beryllium and barium.
There's holmium and helium and hafnium and erbium
And phosphorous and francium and fluorine and terbium
And manganese and mercury, molybdinum, magnesium,
Dysprosium and scandium and cerium and cesium
And lead, praseodymium, and platinum, plutonium,
Palladium, promethium, potassium, polonium,
Tantalum, technetium, titanium, tellurium,
And cadmium and calcium and chromium and curium.
Theres sulfur, californium and fermium, berkelium
And also mendelevium, einsteinium and nobelium
And argon, krypton, neon, radon, xenon, zinc and rhodium
And chlorine, carbon, cobalt, copper,
Tungsten, tin and sodium.
These are the only ones of which the news has come to Harvard,
And there may be many others but they havent been discovered.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "The Elements (Music By Sir Arthur Sullivan)" on
- 50:43 Tom Lehrer Full Copenhagen Performanceby Tom Lehrer14,553 views
- 23:31 8 out of 10 cats S11E05by hopelessly passive430,658 views
- 3:08 The Element Songby weirdalrocks962350,158 views
- 1:44 Daniel Radcliffe sings The Element's Songby Emma Lane734,257 views
- 4:23 Tom Lehrer - New Math (Animated)by Jared Khan196,206 views
- 26 videos Play all The Elements Songby grammavickie1
- 59:16 1 hour long ASAPscience periodic table songby Skullx1342,595 views
- 3:01 New Math - Tom Lehrerby Paul Cohen181,312 views
- 4:23 Fun with Statisticsby Ken Jones291,059 views
- 3:20 Tom Lehrer- New Mathby Braden McPherson363,512 views
- 3:00 The NEW Periodic Table Song (In Order)by AsapSCIENCE2,873,008 views
- 3:03 Tom Lehrer - The Elements - LIVE FILM From Copenhagen in 1967by The Tom Lehrer Wisdom Channel207,442 views
- 7:44 Super Expensive Metals - Periodic Table of Videosby Periodic Videos226,009 views
- 2:46 The Elements Song By Tom Lehrer~Slowed Downby LovelyLeafeon91,355 views
- 5:03 Tom Lehrer - It Makes a Fellow Proud to Be a soldierby Fredde2183,069 views
- 4:21 SLOW "The NEW Periodic Table Song (In Order)" (AsapSCIENCE 2013)by i10neorg67,296 views
- 3:27 Tom Lehrer - We Will All Go Together When We Goby The Tom Lehrer Wisdom Channel598,746 views
- 2:45 The NEW Periodic Table Song Lyrics (In Order)by Gingersnap11,468 views
- 25:35 Química - Aula 02 - Tabela Periódicaby Aulalivre .net115,866 views
- 2:26 元素 (The Elements song in Japanese)by Theodore Gray373,069 views