- Startups - LAUNCH Trio: Captricity, That's Suspicious Behavior and The Tap Lab - TWiST #261
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 29, 2012
0:00-1:00 Introduce to today's great companies, Captricity and That's Suspicious Behavior.
2:30-300 Today's program I'll be talking to two companies from LAUNCH Festival.
3:15-3:45 With Kuang Chen who pitched Captricity and Brigette Kidd of That's Suspicious Behavior.
3:45-7:00 Thank @Trada for making the show free for all!
7:00-7:30 Brigette when did you find out about Launch conference?
7:30-7:45 What program and USC were you and your crew in?
8:00-8:15 Are there jobs out there?
8:30-8:45 What is That's Suspicious Behavior?
9:00-9:15 Suspicious Behavior app walk-through.
9:50-10:00 What was decision of putting in pre-chosen behaviors?
10:45-11:00 What was it like on stage at Launch and reaction you got?
12:15-13:00 What happened at moment when you shut down the judge on the stage?
13:00-14:00 Pitch happened right before Treyvon Martin shooting.
14:00-15:00 Treyvon Martin hit closer to home for race issue and having a kid.
15:00-16:00 Have to be careful to not put Treyvon in marketing, but Suspicious Behavior may have avoided it.
16:00-17:00 Won $50,00 investment at event, tell us about it?
17:00-18:30 When giving awards didn't think would win at early stage in app, what happened?
18:45-19:30 Take us through the moment when announcement was being made by Ben.
19:30-20:30 How are you using the $50,000 investment?
20:30-22:00 Kuang, how'd you come to conference through the side door?
22:00-25:30 Jason explains how he sends e-mail out to private group to find other companies launching that didn't apply.
25:30-25:45 What happened after getting invited to Launch?
25:45-26:00 How having need for push for conference pushes team forward.
26:00-26:45 What does launching at an event do for the company and the team?
26:45-27:15 What is status of company? Is the product in market?
27:15-28:00 Key piece of advice, if going to launch is to shut down site.
28:00-29:30 Brigette, are you finishing the product now?
29:30-30:00 Do you need to have a technical founder just sitting there coding all the time?
30:00-32:15 Squarespace something technical you won't have to worry about to make a beautiful, professional site. Thank you, @Squarespace!
32:15-39:30 Have you thought about being 2.0 companies next year?
39:45 - 41:00 Thank Kuang and Brigette. Everyone check out captricity.com and follow at @Kuang. And check out thatssuspiciousbehavior.com and follow @SearchKidd. Now we're going to hear from a new entrepreneur, Dave Bisceglia of The Tap Lab.
35:00-36:30 Dave, it's good to see you. Where are you guys based?
36:30-38:15 Dave, you take us through your game, Tap City.
38:00-39:00 How is this similar to other social games?
39:00-39:45 Tyler: There was quite a while, before "real-time" was attached to Twitter, that there was confusion about the phrase.
39:45-41:15 Is GPS gaming largely a bust, to date?
41:15-42:45 What's the sci-fi version of location based gaming?
42:45-45:45 If you had 20 pairs of Google Goggles, how would you use them to make a game?
45:45-48:00 Tyler and Jason engage in some diversions.
48:00-48:45 Tyler: You know who took full advantage of Apple's app ecosystem?
48:45-52:30 You just completed an angel round, correct?
52:30-55:00 When your investors saw your product, did they identify with it?
55:00-58:15 What's the next big challenge on the horizon?
58:15-58:30 Dave, great job, thank you so much for joining us. We'll see everyone next time.
Support This Week in Startups and independent media by joining the TWiST Producer Program at TwistList.co!
Want to support TWiST another way? Use bit.ly/twistamazon when you shop and a portion of your purchase will go toward helping keep independent media like TWiST on air!
Keep up with the latest from our sister company, LAUNCH:
Yahoo to Launch "Chrome Killer" Tonight
First Eight Companies for LAUNCH Education & Kids
The Age of Excellence
Is There a YCombinator Valuation Bubble or Not?
The One Product that Makes Apple a Trillion-Dollar Company Overnight
FOLLOW ON TWITTER
That's Suspicious Behavior: @suspiciousb
The Tap Lab: @thetaplab
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR PREFERRED PARTNER eMINUTES
Lawyers who focus on forming and maintaining corporations and LLCs. Check them out at http://eMinutes.com and @eminutes.
Next in - Startups: Season 3 Episodes
- 1:12:55 - Startups - LAUNCH Winners Alltuition, SpaceMonkey and Scoot Networks - TWiST #247by ThisWeekIn 3,420 views
- 1:33:05 - Startups - Steve Chen of ScreenDate on This Week in Startups #259by ThisWeekIn 3,115 views
- 1:00:14 - Startups - LAUNCH Festival 2012 Highlights - TWiST #243by ThisWeekIn 1,998 views
- 1:18:50 - Startups - Dmitry Shapiro of Anybeat - TWiST #187by ThisWeekIn 3,840 views
- 1:12:14 - Startups - LAUNCH Edu. Companies Motion Math, Sifteo and GatherEducation - TWiST #263by ThisWeekIn 2,643 views
- 1:03:10 Dave McClure - Startup Metrics For Pirates @ Techavivby Arideascom 1,835 views
- 1:39:56 - Startups - Dave McClure-Founding Partner, 500 Startups-TWiST #328by ThisWeekIn 5,020 views
- 32:18 Mark Zuckerberg at Startup School 2012by StartupSchool12 41,879 views
- 1:23:56 - Startups - News with Sean Percival and James Altucher - TWiST #223by ThisWeekIn 3,236 views
- 1:18:55 - Startups - News Roundtable with Thomas McInerney and Marshall Kirkpatrick - TWiST #258by ThisWeekIn 3,955 views
- 1:37:20 - Startups - Eric Ries of Lean Startup - TWiST #199by ThisWeekIn 23,561 views
- 1:14:54 - Startups - George Zachary of Charles River Ventures - TWiST #237by ThisWeekIn 3,779 views
- 2:07:09 PandoMonthly: Fireside chat with Dropbox CEO Drew Houstonby PandoDaily 4,165 views
- 1:12:58 - Startups - Chamath Palihapitiya of The Social+Capital Partnership - TWiST #238by ThisWeekIn 7,965 views
- 1:24:40 - Startups - News Panel with Rafe Needleman and Peter Horan - TWiST #213by ThisWeekIn 3,115 views
- 34:20 Jim Goetz at Y Combinator's Startup Schoolby SequoiaCapital 2,241 views
- 7:11 Life Inside Y Combinatorby JolieODell 7,689 views
- 1:23:38 - Startups - TWiST Santiago, Chile Meetup- TWiST #200by ThisWeekIn 3,135 views
- 1:19:49 - Startups - News Roundtable with Paul Kedrosky and William Quigley - TWiST #182by ThisWeekIn 2,726 views
- 10:07 Y Combinator's Graham Doesn't See `Bubble' in Technology: Videoby Bloomberg 7,585 views
- Loading more suggestions...