- Startups : LAUNCH Trio: Captricity, That's Suspicious Behavior and The Tap Lab - TWiST #261
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 29, 2012
0:00-1:00 Introduce to today's great companies, Captricity and That's Suspicious Behavior.
2:30-300 Today's program I'll be talking to two companies from LAUNCH Festival.
3:15-3:45 With Kuang Chen who pitched Captricity and Brigette Kidd of That's Suspicious Behavior.
3:45-7:00 Thank @Trada for making the show free for all!
7:00-7:30 Brigette when did you find out about Launch conference?
7:30-7:45 What program and USC were you and your crew in?
8:00-8:15 Are there jobs out there?
8:30-8:45 What is That's Suspicious Behavior?
9:00-9:15 Suspicious Behavior app walk-through.
9:50-10:00 What was decision of putting in pre-chosen behaviors?
10:45-11:00 What was it like on stage at Launch and reaction you got?
12:15-13:00 What happened at moment when you shut down the judge on the stage?
13:00-14:00 Pitch happened right before Treyvon Martin shooting.
14:00-15:00 Treyvon Martin hit closer to home for race issue and having a kid.
15:00-16:00 Have to be careful to not put Treyvon in marketing, but Suspicious Behavior may have avoided it.
16:00-17:00 Won $50,00 investment at event, tell us about it?
17:00-18:30 When giving awards didn't think would win at early stage in app, what happened?
18:45-19:30 Take us through the moment when announcement was being made by Ben.
19:30-20:30 How are you using the $50,000 investment?
20:30-22:00 Kuang, how'd you come to conference through the side door?
22:00-25:30 Jason explains how he sends e-mail out to private group to find other companies launching that didn't apply.
25:30-25:45 What happened after getting invited to Launch?
25:45-26:00 How having need for push for conference pushes team forward.
26:00-26:45 What does launching at an event do for the company and the team?
26:45-27:15 What is status of company? Is the product in market?
27:15-28:00 Key piece of advice, if going to launch is to shut down site.
28:00-29:30 Brigette, are you finishing the product now?
29:30-30:00 Do you need to have a technical founder just sitting there coding all the time?
30:00-32:15 Squarespace something technical you won't have to worry about to make a beautiful, professional site. Thank you, @Squarespace!
32:15-39:30 Have you thought about being 2.0 companies next year?
39:45 - 41:00 Thank Kuang and Brigette. Everyone check out captricity.com and follow at @Kuang. And check out thatssuspiciousbehavior.com and follow @SearchKidd. Now we're going to hear from a new entrepreneur, Dave Bisceglia of The Tap Lab.
35:00-36:30 Dave, it's good to see you. Where are you guys based?
36:30-38:15 Dave, you take us through your game, Tap City.
38:00-39:00 How is this similar to other social games?
39:00-39:45 Tyler: There was quite a while, before "real-time" was attached to Twitter, that there was confusion about the phrase.
39:45-41:15 Is GPS gaming largely a bust, to date?
41:15-42:45 What's the sci-fi version of location based gaming?
42:45-45:45 If you had 20 pairs of Google Goggles, how would you use them to make a game?
45:45-48:00 Tyler and Jason engage in some diversions.
48:00-48:45 Tyler: You know who took full advantage of Apple's app ecosystem?
48:45-52:30 You just completed an angel round, correct?
52:30-55:00 When your investors saw your product, did they identify with it?
55:00-58:15 What's the next big challenge on the horizon?
58:15-58:30 Dave, great job, thank you so much for joining us. We'll see everyone next time.
Support This Week in Startups and independent media by joining the TWiST Producer Program at TwistList.co!
Want to support TWiST another way? Use bit.ly/twistamazon when you shop and a portion of your purchase will go toward helping keep independent media like TWiST on air!
Keep up with the latest from our sister company, LAUNCH:
Yahoo to Launch "Chrome Killer" Tonight
First Eight Companies for LAUNCH Education & Kids
The Age of Excellence
Is There a YCombinator Valuation Bubble or Not?
The One Product that Makes Apple a Trillion-Dollar Company Overnight
FOLLOW ON TWITTER
That's Suspicious Behavior: @suspiciousb
The Tap Lab: @thetaplab
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR PREFERRED PARTNER eMINUTES
Lawyers who focus on forming and maintaining corporations and LLCs. Check them out at http://eMinutes.com and @eminutes.
- 1:33:05 - Startups - Steve Chen of ScreenDate on This Week in Startups #259by This Week In Startups3,395 views
- 1:18:50 - Startups - Dmitry Shapiro of Anybeat - TWiST #187by This Week In Startups3,905 views
- 1:27:50 - Startups - News Panel with Adeo Ressi and Ryan Block - TWiST #227by This Week In Startups3,450 views
- 1:27:44 - Startups - Sweden vs. South Africa Meetup - TWiST #260by This Week In Startups5,046 views
- 1:24:04 - Startups - Dan Gould of Chill - TWiST #204by This Week In Startups2,932 views
- 1:25:10 - Startups - Ryan Carson of Carsonified and Treehouse- TWiST #198by This Week In Startups6,653 views
- 1:23:56 - Startups - News with Sean Percival and James Altucher - TWiST #223by This Week In Startups3,363 views
- 1:24:40 - Startups - News Panel with Rafe Needleman and Peter Horan - TWiST #213by This Week In Startups3,256 views
- 1:23:42 - Startups - News Panel with Jason Nazar and Marshall Kirkpatrick - TWiST #246by This Week In Startups3,188 views
- 1:19:49 - Startups - News Roundtable with Paul Kedrosky and William Quigley - TWiST #182by This Week In Startups2,795 views
- 1:19:22 - Startups - Kevin Rose of Milk - TWiST #218by This Week In Startups18,345 views
- 1:12:55 - Startups - LAUNCH Winners Alltuition, SpaceMonkey and Scoot Networks - TWiST #247by This Week In Startups3,605 views
- 53:14 - Startups - Fred Wilson of Union Square Ventures - TWiST #161by This Week In Startups12,211 views
- 52:24 - Startups - Shark Tank Takeover - TWiST #202by This Week In Startups6,087 views
- 1:37:20 - Startups - Eric Ries of Lean Startup - TWiST #199by This Week In Startups26,443 views
- 51:57 - Startups - Kevin Fliess of Room 77 - TWiST #228by This Week In Startups2,070 views
- 1:23:58 Guy Kawasaki: The Top 10 Mistakes of Entrepreneursby UCBerkeleyHaas166,859 views
- 55:38 - Startups - Di-Ann Eisnor of Waze - TWiST #226by This Week In Startups4,082 views
- 1:12:58 - Startups - Chamath Palihapitiya of The Social+Capital Partnership - TWiST #238by This Week In Startups10,409 views
- 1:02:32 - Startups - News Panel with Niel Robertson and Jon Ferrara - TWiST #254by This Week In Startups2,697 views
- Loading more suggestions...