Best Gaming Room Tour PC, XBOX 360, Racing Simulator, Huge Screens - Pure Awesome
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Nov 4, 2012
Finally found a link to the chair for all you guys asking!
I finally rebooted the Man Cave and re-arranged everything to give me more space and control over video, lighting and sound so I can improve my YouTube channel for you awesome subscribers and I wanted to share the end result with you.
With my new layout I now can move the camera further away from the desk and also position the lights in much better positions to do video recording. I can also now capture directly from the center screen of the setup to a separate computer using the Elgato Game Capture HD and some clever wiring with an HDMI switch and HDMI splitter allowing me to capture XBOX and PC and also record microphone input voice over in real time.
I also have a Mackie Mixer Model 802-VLZ3 that is used for mixing all of the analog audio outs from my computers ASUS Xonar STX and my XBOX 360 along with either a headset microphone or a phantom powered studio microphone.
My primary sound system is a Logitech Z-5500 setup connected with both fiber optic (TOSLINK) and analog from my ASUS Xonar STX so I can listen to 5.1 surround on both XBOX and PC while recording via the Elgato in stereo. This is a very flexible setup!
I now have my TrackIR 5 Pro and my Wacom Tablet connected always and in a place where can easily access them and then put them away. Prior to this I had to take them out of a drawer and hook them up with wires everywhere and then put them back away and try not to tangle everything up, this will work much better.
I also have a second workstation with two 24" IPS panels in Portrait mode that gives me another flexible option for surfing the web, coding or video capture and editing. I wouldn't recommend that layout for a daily all activities computer but I would recommend it for a secondary computer. I now have all of my technology in one corner of the room so I can simply access everything and as a result the room feels so much larger then it did prior to be re-organizing.
I did have to get rid of the stereo receiver and the extra speakers but they were taking up a lot of room and I was not using them that often since I already have a killer sound system on the computer and my second computer has studio monitors which produce far better sound then the floor standing speakers. I am going to need to have a yard sale to get rid of all this technology I'm no longer using :D
I also got rid of massive amounts old electronics that were just laying around that I knew I would never get around to using again, this freed up a lot of space! I am still working hard to cleanup the rest of the Man Cave but it is going to take time to get everything just the way I want it because I had far too much crap.
Let me know what you think about the new Man Cave layout and check out my other videos and share your feedback!
Questions & Answers
Q) What video hardware do you use?
A) I shoot a Canon 5D Mark 2 with Magic Lantern firmware (DSLR). I use Sony Vegas for almost all of my editing but also use Audacity (freeware) for doing some audio stuff on occasion. My lighting comes from two 500 watt halogen umbrella lamps.
Q) What are the dimensions of your desks
A) The main desk is 105x40 and the two side desks are 29x29 and 46x29 (in inches)
CaseLabs M10 Case
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme
Intel Core I7 3930k @ 4.6ghz
32GB Corsair DDR-2300
2x 256GB Samsung SSD in RAID 0
4x 750GB WD Black in RAID 5
2x EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW+ 4GB
ASUS Xonar STX Sound Card
Black Ice Radiators
Ultrakaze 130CFM fans
TrackIR 5 Pro
Wacom Drawing Tablet
Microsoft HD Webcam
Logitech Z5500 Speaker System w/ Klipshe Front Speakers
Mackie Mixer Board
Elgato Game Capture HD
ProFire 610 Audio Interface
KRK Rokit 5 Studio Monitors
24" Samsung IPS Panels
Kenmore mini fridge
KLH 200 watt Sub Woofer
Antec 900 Case
Antec 1200 Case
Thrustmaster T500RS Wheel
Thrustmaster TRS8 Shifter
Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals
Epson Workforce 610
HP Laserjet 5MP
Sparco Steering Wheel
Obutto Revolution Gaming Cockpit
Audio Tecnica AT2020 Microphone
Beyerdynamic MMX 300 - Premium Gaming-Headset
Samsung 46" HDTV (LED LIT)
dasKeyboard S Professional Silent
Standard YouTube License
- 9:32 Nadeshot 2013 Gaming Setup Videoby OpTicNaDeFeatured 239,832
- Pure Solidness 118 videos10K
- 22:02 Playing Borderlands 2 on Max Settings with nVidia PhysX Surround Three giant HDTV'sby barnacules1 19,559 views
- 23:35 Drunk Driving Codemasters DiRT 3 with Racing Wheel, Huge Screens and Vodkaby barnacules1 5,994 views
- 9:31 Amazing Diablo III Gameplay on nVidia Surround 46" Screens (5760x1080)by barnacules1 211,114 views
- 19:41 Changing my Projector Bulb on LG CF-181D and SI Black Diamond G3 1.4 Gain Screenby barnacules1 1,730 views
- 18:07 My Crazy Set Up!by EzekielGamingHD 80,401 views
- 24:37 Ultimate Tech Office Tour / Gaming Setup / Desk Setup 2013by unboxtherapy 182,077 views
- 34:26 Massive Video Game Collection Room Tour - Part 1 of 4by andrewsgamesdisplay 32,797 views
- 5:34 best gaming room setup of 2013by Neokin kyriacou 27,609 views
- 20:00 2013 Gaming Setup / Room Tourby iAppleiTech 96,027 views
- 38:53 The bizzNES17 Video Game Room Tourby bizzNES17 13,042 views
- 32:20 CaseLabs TX10 Reviewby extremerigsdotnet 35,739 views
- 14:14 Game room Tourby 16bitghost 463,376 views
- 28:56 Metro Last Light Walkthrough Part 4 1080p Let's Play Gameplay Review Playthrough [XBOX 360,PC,PS3]by VolitileGabe 3,708 views
- 8:55 Dorm Room Gaming Setup 2by NMunro4 34,838 views
- 19:21 My Video Game and Statue Collection Room Tour HDby antnie0425 51,397 views
- 6:15 MY HOUSE / GAME ROOM (HAT GIVEAWAY!)by brysi 70,868 views
- 27:37 Best Gaming Setup / Desk Setup (Room Tour) 2012by unboxtherapy 1,137,687 views
- 1:02:37 PeteDorr's NEW Game Room Tour HDby PeteDorr 77,194 views
- 18:06 Newegg TV: PC Monitorsby newegg 183,269 views
- Loading more suggestions...