OSHO: Strange Consequences
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 11, 2006
"After Friedrich Nietzsche declared that "God is Dead" - the word FUCK has become the most important word in the English language." -- This video is available for translation as part of the
OSHO TALKS Video Translation Project.
Join the project as a translator at: http://www.oshotalks.info -- http://www.osho.com
Osho used this sketch on the word fuck first in a talk in 1980 and repeated it again in this later talk. We have seen the original of this sketch being attributed to Jack Wagner, George Carlin and Monty Python - no one seems to be sure.
"When Friedrich Nietzsche declared, "God is dead," he himself became utterly helpless no consolation, no hope, no meaning. He had to go through a long process of insanity.
Nietzsche seems to me to be the most important figure that has dominated the world in this century. Without any argument his statement has infiltrated into every mind. But he was not aware of the implications. I have no problem if God is dead. There is no need to mourn his death.
The problem is that if God is dead, then you lose the most important word in your language and you will need a substitute. God was one end, one extreme, and when one extreme disappears from your mental vision, the necessary and inevitable is that you will fall to the other extreme.
And that's what has happened, Milarepa. Instead of God, `fuck' has become the most important word in our language. Even if Friedrich Nietzsche comes back, he will be surprised and he will try to resurrect somehow the dead God, because this is stupid. But you will need a whole report on it, a whole research.
One of the most interesting words in the English language today is the word `fuck'. It is a magical word. Just by its sound it can describe pain, pleasure, hate and love. In language it falls into many grammatical categories. It can be used as a verb, both transitive, "John fucked Mary," and intransitive, "Mary was fucked by John", and as a noun, "Mary is a fine fuck." It can be used as an adjective, "Mary is fucking beautiful."
As you can see, there are not many words with the versatility of fuck. Besides the sexual meaning, there are also the following uses:
Ignorance: Fucked if I know.
Trouble: I guess I am fucked now!
Fraud: I got fucked at the used car lot.
Aggression: Fuck you!
Displeasure: What the fuck is going on here?
Difficulty: I can't understand this fucking job.
Incompetence: He is a fuck-off.
Suspicion: What the fuck are you doing?
Enjoyment: I had a fucking good time.
Request: Get the fuck out of here.
Hostility: I'm going to knock your fucking head off.
Greeting: How the fuck are you?
Apathy: Who gives a fuck?
Innovation: Get a bigger fucking hammer.
Surprise: Fuck! You scared the shit out of me!
Anxiety: Today is really fucked.
And it is very healthy if every morning you do it as a transcendental meditation just when you get up, first thing, repeat the mantra "fuck you" five times; it clears your throat too!
Standard YouTube License
Next in OSHO Talks (Italian subtitles)
- 8:55 OSHO: A Buddha Will Be Misunderstood (1 of 2)by OSHO INTERNATIONALFeatured 254,439
- 10:23 OSHO: Marriage and Childrenby OSHOInternational 802,559 views
- 9:11 OSHO: There Is No God, but I Have Found Something Far More Significant (Preview)by OSHO INTERNATIONAL 197,654 views
- 37:57 Billy Meier Updates with Michael Hornby Disclose Truth TV 8,462 views
- 7:31 OSHO: Miracles - Turning Water into Wine Without Licenseby OSHO INTERNATIONAL 119,544 views
- 44 videos Play all Osho & Paranormalby shantiliu
- 5:07 OSHO: If Somebody Creates Anger in Youby OSHOInternational 281,315 views
- 10:29 OSHO: You Have Everything, but You Don't Have Yourselfby OSHO INTERNATIONAL 195,228 views
- 5:25 OSHO: Jesus Never Died on the Cross (Preview)by OSHOInternational 149,966 views
- 5:55 OSHO: There Are No Devilsby OSHOInternational 131,732 views
- 4:46 OSHO: There Is No Tomorrowby OSHO INTERNATIONAL 208,364 views
- 9:06 OSHO: I Always Thought that I Loved Somebodyby OSHO INTERNATIONAL 129,312 views
- 9:11 OSHO: Rediscovering Your Joyful Self (Preview)by OSHO INTERNATIONAL 79,091 views
- 15:13 OSHO: Books I have Lovedby OSHOInternational 193,585 views
- 12:11 OSHO: My Whole Life is Full of Jokesby OSHOInternational 113,369 views
- 4:31 VIDEO_ Rajneeshpuram- Oregon- USA- Luglio 82- foto di Viharo Santoshi & Paolo Sudarshan Vitaglianoby Paolo Vitagliano 126,320 views
- 6:55 OSHO: The Joy of Silenceby OSHOInternational 78,822 views
- 12:15 OSHO: Heart to Heart Talksby OSHO INTERNATIONAL 64,809 views
- 3:38 OSHO: Anybody Who Gives You a Belief System is Your Enemy.by OSHO INTERNATIONAL 390,096 views
- 13:50 OSHO: The Birth of a New Manby OSHO INTERNATIONAL 73,701 views