Muammar Gaddafi speech TRANSLATED (2011 Feb 22)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 23, 2011
THANKS TO "tderias" FOR THE TRANSLATION!
A defiant Muammar Gaddafi vowed on Tuesday to remain in Libya as head of its revolution, saying he would die as a martyr in the land of his ancestors and fight to the "last drop" of his blood.
Saying the people were behind him, Gaddafi ordered the army and police to crush the popular uprising against his iron-fisted four-decade rule that has already left hundreds dead in the past eight days.
In a live, apparently unscripted speech on national television, the 68-year-old Gaddafi said, "Muammar Gaddafi is the leader of a revolution; Muammar Gaddafi has no official position in order for him to resign. He is the leader of the revolution forever."
"This is my country, my country," he shouted, in a speech consisting of short, angry bursts of words, which he punctuated by shaking his fist or pointing his finger.
"Those killed were from the police and the army; they were not youths"
"The Libyan people are with me," he said, calling on them to demonstrate from Wednesday. "Capture the rats," he said of anti-regime demonstrators. "Go out of your homes and storm them" wherever they are.
Dressed in a matching light-brown robe, scarf and turban, and wearing glasses, Gaddafi denied that the victims of fighting that has swept the country were young people.
"Those killed were from the police and the army; they were not youths," he said, adding that there was a "small sick group" that "gives drugs to these youths."
Reading from the country's penal code, he said "any Libyan who carries arms against Libyans will be punished by death."
Gaddafi's forces have been accused by various sources of killing demonstrators indiscriminately, even using heavy caliber weapons.
He said he would call the people to "cleanse Libya house by house" unless protesters on the streets surrendered.
"The only thing we can do now is not give up, no surrender, no going back. We will die anyways, whether we like it or not. It is clear that they don't care whether we live or not. This is genocide."
--Marai Al Mahry
Standard YouTube License
- 14:31 القذافي : هذه آخرتها يا أهل بنغازي ؟...من أنتم ؟by الدولية صحيفة338,762 views
- 9:41 Gaddafi speech:'America hanged Saddam and we might be next! (with English)by salim000001328,284 views
- 18:01 Gaddafi Interview - Libya 2010by Journeyman Pictures36,232 views
- 9:49 Qaddafi in 1976 (BBC)by timberwolf1950345,700 views
- 9:46 Moammar Gadhafi on Larry King 9/28/09 1 of 5by TEIMULTIMEDIA497,762 views
- 7:49 MUST SEE - The Truth about the Kennedy Assassination & Obama Told by Gadaffiby DOCSAFETUBE287,406 views
- 3:43 Gaddafi hits back at BBC in English for the first time!by salim000001318,320 views
- 1:39 Raw video Gun battle in Tripoli Oct 14 2011by capo Bonanza1,063,905 views
- 4:18 Attack On Iran Means WWIIIby Brother Nathanael81,615 views
- 12:48 Gaddafi's son: Libya like McDonald's for NATO - fast war as fast foodby RT317,344 views
- 1:50:40 الدكتور يوسف شاكير و الدكتور حمزة التهامي 18 11 2011by iLibya.TV39,425 views
- 1:27 Qaddafi's Female Bodyguards | Official Trailerby FirstHandFilms1499,209 views
- 21:34 The Gaddafi Interviewby SBS Dateline92,681 views
- 1:21 New video of Gaddafi son Saif al-Islam - first hours in captivityby RT660,047 views
- 3:56 اول مشاهد من محاكمة سيف الاسلام القذافي Trial of Saif Islam Gadafiby elnadim2000161,509 views
- 3:50 معمر القذافي يطلق النار على الزعماء العرب kadafiby bougarn6,435,752 views
- 3:32 The Real Reason for NATO Attacking Libya EXPOSEDby mmt2k9807,300 views
- 20:05 Full Colonel Gaddafi interview 02 March 2011by GlobalPrison191,849 views
- 2:01:40 The Truth About The War On Libya Government Lies Revealed A Goverment Conspiracy 2011by MrJrBuds27,867 views
- 2:59 Moammar Gadhafi Dead Video: Last Moments Alive Caught on Tape in Sirte: WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEOby ABC News555,048 views
- Loading more suggestions...