Muammar Gaddafi speech TRANSLATED (2011 Feb 22)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 23, 2011
THANKS TO "tderias" FOR THE TRANSLATION!
A defiant Muammar Gaddafi vowed on Tuesday to remain in Libya as head of its revolution, saying he would die as a martyr in the land of his ancestors and fight to the "last drop" of his blood.
Saying the people were behind him, Gaddafi ordered the army and police to crush the popular uprising against his iron-fisted four-decade rule that has already left hundreds dead in the past eight days.
In a live, apparently unscripted speech on national television, the 68-year-old Gaddafi said, "Muammar Gaddafi is the leader of a revolution; Muammar Gaddafi has no official position in order for him to resign. He is the leader of the revolution forever."
"This is my country, my country," he shouted, in a speech consisting of short, angry bursts of words, which he punctuated by shaking his fist or pointing his finger.
"Those killed were from the police and the army; they were not youths"
"The Libyan people are with me," he said, calling on them to demonstrate from Wednesday. "Capture the rats," he said of anti-regime demonstrators. "Go out of your homes and storm them" wherever they are.
Dressed in a matching light-brown robe, scarf and turban, and wearing glasses, Gaddafi denied that the victims of fighting that has swept the country were young people.
"Those killed were from the police and the army; they were not youths," he said, adding that there was a "small sick group" that "gives drugs to these youths."
Reading from the country's penal code, he said "any Libyan who carries arms against Libyans will be punished by death."
Gaddafi's forces have been accused by various sources of killing demonstrators indiscriminately, even using heavy caliber weapons.
He said he would call the people to "cleanse Libya house by house" unless protesters on the streets surrendered.
"The only thing we can do now is not give up, no surrender, no going back. We will die anyways, whether we like it or not. It is clear that they don't care whether we live or not. This is genocide."
--Marai Al Mahry
Standard YouTube License
- 21:34 The Gaddafi Interviewby DatelineSBSFeatured 75,257
- 9:41 Gaddafi speech wow wat a speechby sumjad haneefa 42,952 views
- 1:39 Raw video Gun battle in Tripoli Oct 14 2011by bonanza91v 455,355 views
- 1:00:27 The illuminati Exposed By Muammar Gaddafiby Scorpilingus88 1,591,268 views
- 0:50 Libyans Capture and Arrest Gaddafi's Sonsby PowerinNumbers2012 56,571 views
- 3:50 معمر القذافي يطلق النار على الزعماء العرب kadafiby bougarn 5,889,562 views
- 3:32 The Real Reason for NATO Attacking Libya EXPOSEDby mmt2k9 730,997 views
- 12:10 ᴴᴰ Murder Of Qaddafi | Who Really Killed Gaddafi?by IslamTVChannel1 52,180 views
- 1:35:10 Gaddafi speech UN, 23-09-2009 (English subtitles) - Discorso di Gheddafi ONU (sottotitoli ITA)by RyuzakeroV1 37,828 views
- 1:27 Qaddafi's Female Bodyguards | Official Trailerby FirstHandFilms1 425,641 views
- 0:47 Escorted by Female Bodyguards, Gaddafi Visits Kyivby UkyiVids 1,734,767 views
- 15:06 July 1, 2011 Gaddafi's Speech to Libya and the World, 1 of 2by AfriSynergy 28,690 views
- 0:30 Gadafi throws papers in UN speechby ReutersVideo 1,007,486 views
- 2:08 FUNNY Gaddafi - What's the question? (original) HQby FunyThang 575,369 views
- 0:50 Libya conflict : 'You cannot win' Saif Gaddafi tells Westby telegraphtv 150,233 views
- 22:58 Talk to Jazeera - Muammar Gaddafi - 25 Sep 09by AlJazeeraEnglish 155,480 views
- 0:36 أقوى لقطة في خطاب معمر القذافي ..الى مزبلة التاريخby mohammed1840 1,557,335 views
- 22:15 Muammar Gaddafi addresses the nationby AlJazeeraEnglish 101,624 views
- 4:24 Inside Gaddafi's tunnelsby Channel4News 200,138 views
- 4:50 Muammar Gaddafi relaxes at homeby Channel4News 1,365,566 views
- Loading more suggestions...