Muammar Gaddafi speech TRANSLATED (2011 Feb 22)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 23, 2011
THANKS TO "tderias" FOR THE TRANSLATION!
A defiant Muammar Gaddafi vowed on Tuesday to remain in Libya as head of its revolution, saying he would die as a martyr in the land of his ancestors and fight to the "last drop" of his blood.
Saying the people were behind him, Gaddafi ordered the army and police to crush the popular uprising against his iron-fisted four-decade rule that has already left hundreds dead in the past eight days.
In a live, apparently unscripted speech on national television, the 68-year-old Gaddafi said, "Muammar Gaddafi is the leader of a revolution; Muammar Gaddafi has no official position in order for him to resign. He is the leader of the revolution forever."
"This is my country, my country," he shouted, in a speech consisting of short, angry bursts of words, which he punctuated by shaking his fist or pointing his finger.
"Those killed were from the police and the army; they were not youths"
"The Libyan people are with me," he said, calling on them to demonstrate from Wednesday. "Capture the rats," he said of anti-regime demonstrators. "Go out of your homes and storm them" wherever they are.
Dressed in a matching light-brown robe, scarf and turban, and wearing glasses, Gaddafi denied that the victims of fighting that has swept the country were young people.
"Those killed were from the police and the army; they were not youths," he said, adding that there was a "small sick group" that "gives drugs to these youths."
Reading from the country's penal code, he said "any Libyan who carries arms against Libyans will be punished by death."
Gaddafi's forces have been accused by various sources of killing demonstrators indiscriminately, even using heavy caliber weapons.
He said he would call the people to "cleanse Libya house by house" unless protesters on the streets surrendered.
"The only thing we can do now is not give up, no surrender, no going back. We will die anyways, whether we like it or not. It is clear that they don't care whether we live or not. This is genocide."
--Marai Al Mahry
Standard YouTube License
- 21:34 The Gaddafi Interviewby SBS DatelineFeatured 76,437
- 1:39 Raw video Gun battle in Tripoli Oct 14 2011by bonanza91v 460,281 views
- 9:46 Moammar Gadhafi on Larry King 9/28/09 1 of 5by TEI MULTIMEDIA 431,765 views
- 9:41 Gaddafi speech wow wat a speechby sumjad haneefa 43,250 views
- 1:00:27 The illuminati Exposed By Muammar Gaddafiby Scorpilingus88's channel 1,629,275 views
- 1:50:40 الدكتور يوسف شاكير و الدكتور حمزة التهامي 18 11 2011by iLibya.TV 33,243 views
- 0:50 Libyans Capture and Arrest Gaddafi's Sonsby PowerinNumbers2012 56,571 views
- 2:08 FUNNY Gaddafi - What's the question? (original) HQby FunyThang's channel 576,850 views
- 0:47 Escorted by Female Bodyguards, Gaddafi Visits Kyivby UkyiVids's channel 1,737,766 views
- 1:27 Qaddafi's Female Bodyguards | Official Trailerby FirstHandFilms1 425,641 views
- 1:35:10 Gaddafi speech UN, 23-09-2009 (English subtitles) - Discorso di Gheddafi ONU (sottotitoli ITA)by The Truth on Libya and Syria 38,344 views
- 0:30 Gadafi throws papers in UN speechby REUTERS 1,008,593 views
- 9:49 Qaddafi in 1976 (BBC)by timberwolf1950 317,739 views
- 7:28 Gaddafi Full Interviewby W0RLDNEWS 154,613 views
- 0:50 Libya conflict : 'You cannot win' Saif Gaddafi tells Westby The Telegraph 150,879 views
- 4:39 Muammar Gaddafi: Obituaryby Al Jazeera English 2,313,121 views
- 0:36 أقوى لقطة في خطاب معمر القذافي ..الى مزبلة التاريخby mohammed1840 1,560,759 views
- 22:15 Muammar Gaddafi addresses the nationby Al Jazeera English 101,845 views
- 22:58 Talk to Jazeera - Muammar Gaddafi - 25 Sep 09by Al Jazeera English 156,922 views
- 4:24 Inside Gaddafi's tunnelsby Channel 4 News 201,176 views
- Loading more suggestions...