Taking London | Road to the Olympics | Destiny
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 5, 2012
Click to follow for regular updates: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
Meet Destiny Woodbury, 5th-grade science teacher, track coach and prospective Olympian.
Taking London is the journey of four inspirational female athletes as they attempt to qualify for and then compete at the 2012 Olympic Summer Games in London. For these women, getting to this point has meant overcoming obstacles few of us have ever experienced. We'll tell these stories and follow them through training, trials, and hopefully beyond. With exclusive access behind the scenes and in the minds of these elite athletes, Taking London gives us an intimate look at the culmination of a lifetime of hard work and perseverance.
Destiny Woodbury is a track star vying for her first Olympic appearance. In addition to a grueling training schedule, Destiny is part of Teach for America and is a 5th grade Science Teacher, Science Department Chair, Grade Level Chair, and Head Track & Field Coach.
Seimone Augustus is WNBA all-star player and MVP currently playing for the Minnesota Lynx. In 2008 she played on the Olympic women's basketball team, which took home the gold medal that year.
Arielle Martin was slated to be on the first Olympic BMX team in 2008, but a heartbreaking crash at the final qualifier caused her to lose her position by a mere point. She bounced back from that trial by claiming the World Cup SX Series Champion title two months later in France.
Carol Rodriguez competed in the 2008 Olympics in both 200 and 400 meters, but did not medal. A USC track star, she was raised in Southern California but runs for Puerto Rico.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Journey to the 2012 Summer Olympics
- 7:05 Meet Arielle | 2012 Olympic Journey | Taking London Ep. 3by LivestrongWoman 15,961 views
- 6:14 Meet Seimone | 2012 Olympic Journey | Taking London Ep. 4by LivestrongWoman 15,842 views
- 8:11 Fit & Fabulous Fun With Chriselle Lim | Tone It Up Tuesdaysby LIVESTRONG Woman 77,895 views
- 7:56 Tone It Up Diet Plan, How Karena and Katrina lost their love handles :)by Tone It Up! 434,547 views
- 6:00 Beautiful Booty Workout | Tone It Up Tuesdaysby LivestrongWoman 245,418 views
- 10:13 Full-Body Warm-Up | Perfect Form With Ashley Bordenby LivestrongWoman 104,998 views
- 1:55 Reach Your Exercise Goals | A Little Bit Better With Keri Glassmanby LIVESTRONG Woman 12,447 views
- 10:39 Crazy Core Building Routine | Advanced Yoga With Tara Stilesby LIVESTRONG Woman 58,202 views
- 7:35 Crazy Cardio Challenge | A-List Look With Valerie Watersby LIVESTRONG Woman 23,439 views
- 1:58 Learn to Tell When You're Full | A Little Bit Better With Keri Glassmanby LivestrongWoman 13,802 views
- 1:15:45 London Olympics 2012 Illuminati Conspiracy? (Full Length)by Peter Preswick 2,355,071 views
- 14:05 BMX Amanda Carr- Behind the Helmet (Road to Olympics )by grandchamp8's channel 4,941 views
- 13:40 C. Rod Qualifies for London | 2012 Olympic Journey | Taking London Ep. 5by LivestrongWoman 2,702 views
- 8:30 The Secret to Losing Love Handlesby Yuri Elkaim 14,519 views
- 1:30 Awaken to Less Stress | A Little Bit Better With Keri Glassmanby LivestrongWoman 11,799 views
- 1:10 Fit Like an Olympian With Amanda Russell | 2012 Olympic Journey | Taking Londonby LivestrongWoman 12,182 views
- 8:39 Shoulder and Upper Back Workout | Perfect Form With Ashley Bordenby LivestrongWoman 5,968 views
- 9:12 Finding the Confidence to Believe | 2012 Olympic Journey | Taking London Ep. 7by LivestrongWoman 2,661 views
- 7:32 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials: women's 100m FINALby Great Valley Muscle 418,820 views