Lotus Evora 414E Testing at Hethel
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 2, 2012
Ahead of schedule, Lotus' new Evora 414E Range Extender Hybrid Electric Vehicle (REEV) has started its dynamic and durability testing at the Lotus HQ in Hethel, Norfolk.
Brimming with innovation, technology, performance and power, the Lotus Evora 414E is a series hybrid technology demonstrator which shows some of the headline technologies that Lotus Engineering, one of the world' s leading automotive engineering consultancies, has within its portfolio.
The Evora 414E is powered by two electric motor packs driving the rear wheels through its Xtrac transmission with a battery pack that can be charged by the Lotus range extender engine or directly from mains electricity. The Lotus 3 cylinder range extender engine has been design protected to run on either gasoline or renewable bio alcohol fuels (methanol and ethanol). It drives an EVO electric generator which produces electrical energy to either charge the battery pack or power the EVO traction motors directly. In normal driving, the Evora 414E will run purely on electricity stored in the battery pack for up to 30 miles (48 km). With the Lotus range extender and the electric traction motors powering the vehicle through an Xtrac 1092 transmission, the Evora 414E is targeted to produce just 55 g of CO2 / km emissions on the Northern European Driving Cycle (NEDC).
Should the driver require more performance, under hard acceleration, for example, the electricity will come from both the battery storage and the small range extender engine.
-1000 Nm (738 lbft) of Torque
-414 PS (408 hp)
-0-60 mph / 97 km/h in around 4 seconds
-Top speed 130 mph (209 km/h)
-Target emissions of just 55 g CO2 / km (NEDC)
It's all Torque
Now that the car is undergoing testing, what does 1000 Nm in an Evora feel like?
Simon Corbett, Principal Vehicle Dynamics Test and Development Engineer at Lotus Engineering, has been doing the majority of the development testing, over the last few weeks, "The Evora S has 400 Nm of torque which in such a lightweight car is already a healthy figure. But the Evora 414E has two and a half times that amount! The acceleration sensation is almost indescribable, the surge of torque is like an ocean wave!"
Standard YouTube License
- 1:47 Ferrari F430 Being HIT 4 Times by Reversing Car !!by WorldSupercars : The HD Supercar ChannelFeatured 377,330
- 13:56 The World's Fastest Lotus? - TUNEDby drive 1,663,425 views
- 8:17 Lotus Evora with Radium CAIby Surfer Dude 1,863 views
- 6:47 Lotus Evora road test - Top Gear - BBCby Top Gear 1,642,894 views
- 21:45 2012 Lotus Evora S Start Up, Exhaust, Test Drive, and In Depth Reviewby saabkyle04 218,601 views
- 15 videos Play all Lotus Evora S or Evora NA (No damn IPSs!)by mattdelange
- 11:01 2011 Lotus Evora Carves Up The Rockies - Epic Drives Episode 2by MotorTrend 255,298 views
- 8:15 Very Deep Tissue Massage by Brandon Raynor on Jason part 2by Raynor Massage | Brandon Raynor's School of Natural Therapies 8,522 views
- 5:26 Lotus Evora S at Laguna Seca with Lotus Chief Engineer Matthew Beckerby MotoManTV 13,992 views
- 7:37 Lotus Exige vs Ford Mustang - Top Gear - BBCby Top Gear 1,330,549 views
- 1:24 Lotus Omnivore Concept Engineby Lotus Engineering 58,183 views
- 3:24 Lotus Exige 270E Tri-Fuelby lotusengineering 15,216 views
- 3:18 VVA Final.movby lotusengineering 4,418 views
- 2:22 2009 Porsche Cayman S vs. 2010 Lotus Evora: A Duel in Death Valleyby RoadandTrack 73,071 views
- 23:41 Rat Rod vs Lamborghini Aventador! Roadkill Episode 5by MotorTrend 22,402,192 views
- 2:14 2012 Lotus Evora S Red Tav061512by raconter1 724 views
- 9:07 The World's Fastest DeLorean - TUNEDby drive 727,140 views
- 45:00 LOTUS EVORA FACTORYby mikeboss's channel 49,002 views
- 1:29 JTP Drifting Radium Engineering's Turbocharged Lotus Eliseby Radium Engineering 19,032 views
- 4:08 [HD] Lotus stand at 2012 Goodwood Festival of Speedby LEFbibs 957 views
- 9:43 Top Gear Lotus Exige S vs Ford Mustangby Topsixth 146,018 views
- Loading more suggestions...