This video is unavailable.
Paul Krugman - Income Inequality and the Middle Class
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 30, 2007
Complete video at: http://fora.tv/2007/10/30/Paul_Krugma...
Nobel Prize-winning economist and New York Times Op-Ed columnist Paul Krugman discusses the history of the American "middle class," and argues that growing income inequality may threaten its existence.
Paul Krugman discusses "Losing Our Way in the New Century: The Future of the Middle Class?"
Krugman brings a sharp political, social and economic analysis of what happened to the middle class of the 20th century and where America's social policy is headed in the future. Krugman is the most widely read economist of our time and was named Columnist of the Year by Editor and Publisher magazine. - The Commonwealth Club
Paul Krugman joined The New York Times in 1999 as a columnist on the Op-Ed Page and continues as professor of Economics and International Affairs at Princeton University.
Mr. Krugman received his B.A. from Yale University in 1974 and his Ph.D. from MIT in 1977. He has taught at Yale, MIT and Stanford. At MIT he became the Ford International Professor of Economics.
Mr. Krugman is the author or editor of 20 books and more than 200 papers in professional journals and edited volumes. His professional reputation rests largely on work in international trade and finance; he is one of the founders of the "new trade theory," a major rethinking of the theory of international trade. Mr. Krugman's current academic research is focused on economic and currency crises.
At the same time, Mr. Krugman has written extensively for a broader public audience. Some of his recent articles on economic issues, originally published in Foreign Affairs, Harvard Business Review, Scientific American and other journals, are reprinted in Pop Internationalism and The Accidental Theorist.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:43 Thomas Sowell - Is "Income Stagnation" an Economic Myth?by ForaTvFeatured 46,728
- 9:17 The Dalai Lama - Capitalism, Socialism, and Income Inequalityby ForaTv 154,861 views
- 2:35 Joseph Stiglitz: Smith's "Invisible Hand" a Myth?by ForaTv 34,374 views
- 8:06 Joseph Stiglitz - Problems with GDP as an Economic Barometerby ForaTv 105,430 views
- 1:24:37 Paul Krugman at Haverford College - March 28, 2011by haverfordcollege 9,864 views
- 9:59 Paul Krugman, "We are Living in Surreal Times"by LeighaCohen 8,871 views
- 27:04 Ron Paul VS Paul Krugman 4-30-12 FULL Bloombergby ALLRonPaul 74,088 views
- 54 videos Play all Wealth Inequalityby HopeForPeaceNow
- 2:58 Hayek on Keynes (1978)by Malthus0 130,751 views
- 1:05:15 Paul Krugman - The Economic Meltdown: What Have We Learned, if Anything?by DebatesAndLectures 41,250 views
- 48:28 Stiglitz on globalizationby picovax 3,493 views
- 5:20 Paul Krugman debates David Brooks on the debt ceilingby TheBlueStateTube 8,535 views
- 28:52 The War in Iraq and the American Economyby UCtelevision 19,857 views
- 1:32 Paul Krugman Recommends 'Death Panels' to Help Balance Budgetby DronetekPolitics 16,482 views
- 3:54 Paul Krugman - The Two Problems in the USby PaulKrugmanBlog 4,756 views
- 15:13 Bill Maher - All Religion Is Nuts!by CRUClEFICTION 41,062 views
- 2:19 Paul Krugman's Three simple ways to fix the U.S. economy -- Freeland Fileby Reuters TV 14,896 views
- 4:34 bill maher on The Wealth Gap in America and the World 12-03-2011by CromwellAmun 372,213 views
- 3:39 Paul Krugman and Niall Ferguson debate the economic future of the global economy with CNN's Fareed Zakariaby iGOTNEXTBLOG 56,957 views
- 8:34 GPS: Paul Krugman - Part 1 - July 4, 2010by TPFThePeoplesForum 15,909 views
- 2:41 Trends in Income Inequalityby foc1183 35,689 views
- Loading more suggestions...