Paul Krugman - Income Inequality and the Middle Class
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 30, 2007
Complete video at: http://fora.tv/2007/10/30/Paul_Krugma...
Nobel Prize-winning economist and New York Times Op-Ed columnist Paul Krugman discusses the history of the American "middle class," and argues that growing income inequality may threaten its existence.
Paul Krugman discusses "Losing Our Way in the New Century: The Future of the Middle Class?"
Krugman brings a sharp political, social and economic analysis of what happened to the middle class of the 20th century and where America's social policy is headed in the future. Krugman is the most widely read economist of our time and was named Columnist of the Year by Editor and Publisher magazine. - The Commonwealth Club
Paul Krugman joined The New York Times in 1999 as a columnist on the Op-Ed Page and continues as professor of Economics and International Affairs at Princeton University.
Mr. Krugman received his B.A. from Yale University in 1974 and his Ph.D. from MIT in 1977. He has taught at Yale, MIT and Stanford. At MIT he became the Ford International Professor of Economics.
Mr. Krugman is the author or editor of 20 books and more than 200 papers in professional journals and edited volumes. His professional reputation rests largely on work in international trade and finance; he is one of the founders of the "new trade theory," a major rethinking of the theory of international trade. Mr. Krugman's current academic research is focused on economic and currency crises.
At the same time, Mr. Krugman has written extensively for a broader public audience. Some of his recent articles on economic issues, originally published in Foreign Affairs, Harvard Business Review, Scientific American and other journals, are reprinted in Pop Internationalism and The Accidental Theorist.
Standard YouTube License
- 59:10 Conversations with History: Elizabeth Warrenby University of California Television (UCTV) Featured 73,096
- 4:19 Gladwell on Income Inequality: We're Off the Railsby ForaTv50,720 views
- 3:43 Thomas Sowell - Is "Income Stagnation" an Economic Myth?by ForaTv48,873 views
- 4:14 Joseph Stiglitz - "Market Fundamentalism Is Dead"by ForaTv40,640 views
- 9:17 The Dalai Lama - Capitalism, Socialism, and Income Inequalityby ForaTv157,451 views
- 57:37 The Coming Collapse of the Middle Class with Elizabeth Warrenby University of California Television (UCTV)937,390 views
- 9 videos Play all Economic Inequalityby BruceJudson
- 28:52 The War in Iraq and the American Economyby University of California Television (UCTV)20,589 views
- 59:45 Reich: How Unequal Can America Get?by University of California Television (UCTV)113,854 views
- 6:26 Paul Krugman says "I'd blame Alan Greenspan and Phil Gramm"by floatingcapital65,368 views
- 5:37 Rachel Maddow Gets a Dose of Reality from Paul Krugman on the Economyby heathr456251,554 views
- 5:02 Paul Krugman to Joe Scarborough: You've Got Some Mythical Image of What a Modern Conservative Isby heathr45668,834 views
- 8:14 How the Middle Class Got Screwedby MoveOn.org105,192 views
- 1:15:24 Joseph Stiglitz - The Price of Inequality, June 14, 2012.by pdxjustice23,920 views
- 1:22:48 Paul Krugman: Currency Regimes, Capital Flows, and Crisesby ari100teles5,933 views
- 1:24:37 Paul Krugman at Haverford College - March 28, 2011by haverfordcollege10,126 views
- 59:11 Inequality and Global Capitalism with Richard Freemanby University of California Television (UCTV)13,967 views
- 48:28 Stiglitz on globalizationby picovax12,974 views
- 3:54 Paul Krugman - The Two Problems in the USby PaulKrugmanBlog5,287 views
- 1:17:08 Ideas at the House: Joseph Stiglitz - 'Why Economics Matters'by Ideas At The House2,694 views