MC Hawking - Entropy
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 27, 2007
MC Hawking: Entropy
Lyrics below (many thanks to danielwuhsin).
Check out my channel and subscribe for more!
For MC Hawking MP3's visit http://mchawking.com/mp3s/
Entropy, how can I explain it? I'll take it frame by frame it,
To have you all jumping, shouting saying it.
Let's just say that it's a measure of disorder,
In a system that is closed, like with a border.
It's sort of, like a, well a measurement of randomness,
Proposed in 1850 by a German, but wait I digress.
"What the f--- is entropy?", I hear the people still exclaiming,
It seems I got to start the explaining.
You ever drop an egg and on the floor you see it break?
You go and get a mop so you can clean up your mistake.
But did you ever stop to ponder why we know it's true,
If you drop a broken egg you will not get an egg that's new.
That's entropy or E-N-T-R-O to the P to the Y,
The reason why the sun will one day all burn out and die.
Order from disorder is a scientific rarity,
Allow me to explain it with a little bit more clarity.
Did I say rarity? I meant impossibility,
At least in a closed system, there will always be more entropy.
That's entropy and I hope that you're all down with it,
If you are here's your membership.
You down with entropy?
Yeah, you know me!
Who's down with entropy?
Every last homey!
Defining entropy as disorder's not complete,
'Cause disorder as a definition doesn't cover heat.
So my first definition I would now like to withdraw,
And offer one that fits thermodynamics second law.
First we need to understand that entropy is energy,
Energy that can't be used, to state it more specifically.
In a closed system entropy always goes up,
That's the second law, now you know what's up.
You can't win, you can't break even, you can't leave the game,
'Cause entropy will take it all though it seems a shame.
The second law, as we now know, is quite clear to state,
that entropy must increase and not dissipate.
Creationists always try to use the second law,
To disprove evolution, but their theory has a flaw.
The second law is quite precise about where it applies,
Only in closed systems must the entropy count rise.
The Earth's not a closed system, it's powered by the Sun,
So f--- the damn creationists, Doomsday get my gun!
That, in a nutshell, is what entropy's about.
You're now down with a discount.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Entropy" on
- 48 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 3:29 MC Hawking - Jesse Helmsby spikmunFeatured 11,380
- 3:35 MC Hawking - Quake Masterby spikmun 16,750 views
- 2:59 The Hawkman Comethby ThyBoyd 25,013 views
- 3:50 MC Frontalot - Shame of the Otakuby ProjectPeanut 66,301 views
- 3:28 MC Frontalot - First World Problem [OFFICIAL VIDEO]by MC Frontalot 440,506 views
- 34 videos Play all learnby nanaanim27
- 4:05 Mc chris-fett's vetteby McChrisRulez 391,004 views
- 3:10 MC Lars - OG Original Gamerby nigelscottwallace 96,666 views
- 2:49 Sheldon meets Stephen Hawking- The big bang theoryby TianquanTV 615,001 views
- 3:43 MC Frontalot- Charisma Potionby emandicp 60,228 views
- 2:44 Audiosurf: MC Hawking - What We Need More Of Is Scienceby BryTheFryGuy 8,005 views
- 2:57 Funny song MC Chris "White Kids Love Hip Hop"by emiruxx 1,060,622 views
- 2:22 So Much Drama in the PhD by Monzyby blizzx42 21,096 views
- 4:01 MC Frontalot - Critical Hit [OFFICIAL VIDEO]by MC Frontalot 192,507 views
- 3:17 mc chris - Hijack (Zelda Remix)by leetmsifan 171,040 views
- 3:37 MC Lars - Download This Song [Official Music Video]by NettwerkMusic 458,523 views
- MC Hawking 152 videos17
- 2:43 MC Chris - IG-88 (music video)by MCfanb0y 320,087 views
- 6:33 MC Frontalot - Zero Day [OFFICIAL VIDEO]by MC Frontalot 108,198 views
- 3:09 MC Lars - iGeneration [Official Music Video]by NettwerkMusic 318,605 views
- 4:38 MC Hammer - U Can't Touch Thisby emimusic 57,039,950 views
- 4:22 MC Frontalot - Bizarro Genius Babyby MC Frontalot 413,531 views
- Loading more suggestions...