Cardinal Donald Wuerl Keynote Address — Religious Liberty in a Pluralistic Society
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 18, 2012
This keynote was given during the Georgetown University symposium "Catholic Perspectives on Religious Liberty" hosted by the Berkley Center for Religion, Peace & World Affairs. The event was part of the Berkley Center's Religious Freedom Project.
For more on this event, visit: http://bit.ly/MPgbtB
For more on the Berkley Center, visit: http://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu
For more on the Religious Freedom Project: http://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu/rfp
September 13, 2012 | Since the Second Vatican Council the Church has placed considerable emphasis on the importance of religious freedom as a matter of human dignity and individual flourishing, and as central to a just and democratic society. Abroad, the persecution of Christians and others has reached significant, perhaps even crisis, proportions. At home, issues involving same-sex marriage, abortion, and contraception have sparked sharp controversy about threats to religious freedom, leading the US Conference of Catholic Bishops to establish its own committee to begin engaging these issues.
The Maryland Catholic Bishops Conference and the Religious Freedom Project of Georgetown University's Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs brought together leading Catholic scholars to address these questions from different perspectives. Cardinal Donald Wuerl gave the symposium keynote address.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:21:55 Dignitatis Humanae and the Legacy of Vatican IIby Berkley Center828 views
- 1:08:09 Religious Freedom: Why Now? (Discussion between Robert P. George and Shaykh Hamza Yusuf)by Berkley Center13,720 views
- 1:27:24 Religious Freedom: A Conversation with Rick Warren, Robert George, and John Diulioby Berkley Center1,061 views
- 47:48 FRC - Special - His Eminence Luis Antonio G. Cardinal Tagle, D.D. - 22 June 2013by Frc Phil557 views
- 1:32:02 Rick Warren on Religious Freedom - A Conversationby Berkley Center8,079 views
- 1:07:07 Cardinal Wuerl's Lecture "Why a 'New Evangelization' Now?"by CatholicApostleCtr5,827 views
- 1:25:00 Whither the First Freedom? with Ken Starr, E.J. Dionne, and Ross Douthatby Berkley Center317 views
- 58:55 Searching for Democracy: Present - Pluralistic Societyby University of California Television (UCTV)861 views
- 45:26 Conferences #202: Priests Retreat 2012 Pt6, Card. Burke, Eucharistic Centeredby franciscanfriars466 views
- 1:02:15 Conferences #204: Priests Retreat 2012 Pt8, Card. Burke, New Evangelizationby franciscanfriars861 views
- 17:57 Cardinal Wuerl's Homily. Mass of the Holy Spirit, 2012by CatholicUniversity661 views
- 1:41:08 Mass of the Holy Spirit 2012by CatholicUniversity4,422 views
- 37:53 Nossos Papas Nossa História | Saudação de Despedida do Papa aos Cardeais - 28 de Fevereiroby Rede Aparecida1,686 views
- 1:02:10 DC Theology on Tap - Cardinal Wuerl on Religious Freedomby WashArchdiocese933 views
- 27:31 Card Donald Wuerl & Abp William Lori on the Religious Freedom Lawsuits against the Governmentby Selena Blackball640 views
- 11:15 Helen Alvaré on Religious Freedom and the HHS Mandateby Berkley Center5,427 views
- 1:13:53 Religious Freedom: Why Now? Defending an Embattled Human Right (Keynote Address by Robert P. George)by Berkley Center518 views
- 1:10:21 Cardinal McCarrick's Lecture "Problem in American Citizenship"by CatholicApostleCtr396 views
- 27:43 Homily of Cardinal Tagle (Closing of the Jubilee Door - Archdiocese of Palo)by Chris Arthur Holanda-Militante842 views
- 1:22:48 Faith and Freedom: A Panel on Human Rights and Religionby Jhr McGill192 views
- Loading more suggestions...