Linda Sharkey: Business Strategist, Fortune 10 HR and Talent Management Expert, Keynote Speaker
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 13, 2011
Dr. Linda Sharkey is an HR Executive and Business Strategist with experience in Fortune 10 companies, speaking to, coaching and developing leaders and teams and driving talent development initiatives that support productivity and company growth. She is a founding member of the Marshall Goldsmith Group focused on helping successful executives become even more successful.
Linda Sharkey is a proven leader with experience and specific expertise in culture transformation, developing high potential leaders and building proven talent processes that yield better leadership capability. Her book Optimizing Talent is a groundbreaking work spelling out proven steps to build a talent rich organization and a must read for every leader who knows talent is the real competitive advantage.
Linda Sharkey currently is Executive Director of a worldwide organization that connects key HR heads from the largest corporations in the world. She provides members new ideas, advice, practical materials and "early warnings" on key trends and innovations.
Most recently Dr. Sharkey was V.P., People Development at Hewlett Packard, responsible for establishing and driving the company's talent management initiative, performance management processes, career development, executive staffing, coaching, and diversity and inclusion efforts. In this capacity she launched an executive development process that resulted in key actions to drive a high performance culture. She refocused the diversity efforts to be part of the mainline talent management initiatives and embedded them into the core processes of the company.
Dr. Linda Sharkey is widely published in the area of leadership development, culture change and executive coaching. She is frequently a keynote speaker at company events, Linkage, Talent Management Magazine conferences, Conference Board and the Organization Development Network. She holds a PhD in Organization Development from Benedictine University, MPA from Russell Sage College and a BA in History from Nazareth College. She is also a past two-term member of the Academy of Management Board for OD as the scholar practitioner.
Prior to HP, Linda Sharkey was with GE and held numerous Senior Human Resources and Talent Management roles. She established a leadership development effort for GE Capital that became part of the Crotonville offerings and was named a "best practice" by CEO Jack Welch. Dr. Sharkey also led several key cultural integrations and established a coaching process for executives, developed HR professionals as coaches and personally coached many senior leaders.
To bring the business insight and acumen of Linda Sharkey to your organization, contact BigSpeak Speakers Bureau.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:20:07 GHRF 2009: Management Strategy-Creative management and global human resource strategy.wmvby ghrforum4,790 views
- 1:02:51 Jack Welch: Create Candor in the Workplaceby stanfordbusiness97,526 views
- 35:57 Human Resource Management Lecture Part 01 - Introductionby Armin Trost736 views
- 45:48 Suzy Welch with Special Guest Jack Welchby bu17,348 views
- 10:42 Linda Sharkey: Business Strategist, Fortune 10 HR & Talent Development Expert, Keynote Speakerby BigSpeak Speakers Bureau403 views
- 23:48 Administración del talento humanoby Eduardo Gómez Lic. en psicología3,291 views
- 19:50 Jack Welch at GEby uwtechlab7,676 views
- 1:04:52 Jeff Immelt, chairman and CEO of GE - Haas Schoolby UCBerkeleyHaas32,462 views
- 29 videos Play all Future of Human Resources - Futurist keynote speakerby pjvdixon
- 1:07:29 Human Resource Management Lecture Part 02 - HR Strategy and Planningby Armin Trost1,866 views
- 4:51 A Day in The Life of HRby PeopleStreme29,158 views
- 10:20 30 Years of OD History - 3by Bill Koenig600 views
- 6:25 GE Talent_Interviews with Jeff Immelt & Jack Welch, Part 2.wmvby Mo Cayer3,672 views
- 48:45 Talent Management Best Practice in Practiceby PsylutionsAU1600 views
- 1:06:34 1of19 - Human Capital and Intergeneration Mobility - Introductionby The University of Chicago19,561 views
- 7:43 ¿Qué es el Capital Humano? y ¿cómo dejar un legado?by Metainteligencia7,865 views
- 1:44 Talent Management Explainedby openboxcommunication16,276 views
- 8:01 HR Shared Service Video Case Study: Pepco's Successby HR Enwisen2,371 views
- 22:14 TEDxDar - Modesta Mahiga - Tanzania as an Economic Powerhouseby TEDxTalks6,881 views
- 1:05:22 Human Resource Management: Professor Samantha Warrenby University of Essex19,105 views