Dame Elizabeth Taylor - Rhapsody - by Richard Bassett
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 23, 2008
In the mid 1950's, Dame Elizabeth Taylor made a series of films for MGM where she would inevitably find herself in a torrid romantic triangle. Sometimes life is stranger than fiction, as in real life Elizabeth found herself in the same scenario on more than one occasion. But 1954's, "Rhapsody" was basically a film dealing with the music talents of two men and the woman who stood between them. At 21, Elizabeth Taylor was stunning yet had not reached her acting pinnacle, which was still several years away. At home, she and husband Michael Wilding were struggling (yes struggling) to make ends meet with a little baby, Michael Wilding Jr. to care for. Michael Sr never gained the popularity as a film actor that he had experienced in England, and Elizabeth Taylor was the primary bread winner of that household. She basically did the films that MGM told her to do....or face a suspension without pay. Throughout the early 1950's, she was making films or having babies but life, in its twists and turns, would soon rocket her into super stardom and she would never have to look back at the dreary days ever again.
Dame Elizabeth claims to have never taken an acting lesson. All her emotions are sincere. If you have ever had the pleasure of listening to her at a fundraising event, as I have, the tears that she cries are real...just as real on her on screen emotions. She feels real anger when those with AIDS are rejected by society. She gives us her heart when asking for AIDS donations, and most of us gladly give.
By Richard Bassett, *2008
Please donate if you can. Please donate if you enjoy these short video clips of the last real superstar.
DONATE NOW - The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation: http://www.elizabethtayloraidsfoundat...
DISCLAIMER: WE MAKE NO CLAIM TO THE COPYRIGHTS OF THE FILM CLIPS, PHOTOGRAPHY OR MUSIC PUBLISHING RIGHTS HEREIN. UNDER SECTION 107 OF THE COPYRIGHT ACT 1976 "FAIR USE" ALLOWANCE IS MADE FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. WE ARE IN NO WAY PROFITING FROM THE USE OF THIS MATERIAL.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "I Hear A Symphony" on
- 1:52:53 Life with Father (1947) Elizabeth Taylor.aviby ManesandTailsOrg40,712 views
- 1:26:29 Elizabeth Taylor Documentaryby reneetownsend0177,901 views
- 6:56 Elizabeth Taylor - Michael Wilding - by Richard Bassettby Richard Bassett22,871 views
- 8:15 Elizabeth Taylor - '1952-1956 ' - by Richard Bassettby Richard Bassett2,178 views
- 7:36 Elizabeth Taylor - Nicky Hilton - by Richard Bassettby Richard Bassett44,469 views
- 4:09 Elizabeth Taylor - The 1950's - by Richard Bassettby Richard Bassett8,200 views
- 9:57 Cleopatra (1963) Cleopatra enters Rome. Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton SWORD AND SANDALby SwordAndSandalFLIX20,228 views
- 1:31:08 Покер Алиса / Poкer Alice / 1987by pokerkitchenru4,630 views
- 1:43 1985 GL Show Me The Way, Lujack (2 of 2)by rdfoddershock3,395 views
- 10:48 Elizabeth Taylor - Techno - by Richard Bassettby Richard Bassett3,664 views
- 8:28 Elizabeth Taylor - Saving Lives - by Richard Bassettby Richard Bassett5,611 views
- 3:38 Elizabeth Taylor - Wild One - by Richard Bassettby Richard Bassett4,248 views
- 7:09 Elizabeth Taylor - Giant - by Richard Bassettby Richard Bassett42,069 views
- 3:30 Elizabeth Taylor - Pictures - by Richard Bassettby Richard Bassett7,760 views
- 12:05 MGM Stars old and all together!by Mernerwastaken520,678 views
- 4:01 Elizabeth Taylor - Turbulence - by Richard Bassettby Richard Bassett9,065 views
- 4:52 Elizabeth Taylor - A Life too Short - by Richard Bassettby Richard Bassett12,456 views
- 9:56 Elizabeth Taylor - A Few Words 7 - by Richard Bassettby Richard Bassett30,906 views
- 4:22 Elizabeth Taylor pictures -let the good times inby A1EntertainmentLover1,368 views
- 9:30 Elizabeth Taylor - A Few Words 3 -by Richard Bassettby Richard Bassett92,988 views
- Loading more suggestions...