Part Four - Teach in - How can we use activism to reclaim America?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 22, 2012
Welcome to a special edition of The Big Picture - How can we use activism to reclaim America?
Tonight - we're partnering up with the Campaign for America's Future to bring you a special "teach in" on the U.S. economy. CAF is also joining forces with "Rebuild the Dream Organizing Network" - "MoveOn.org" - and "Free Speech TV" - and other groups around the nation that have spread the word about tonight's program. Together, these groups have organized local "teach-ins" where people are tuning into THIS program - in universities, union halls, and community centers around the country. We're calling this whole thing the National TV Teach-In to Take Back the American Dream. So thanks for tuning in - and a special hello to all the local teach-ins watching around the nation.
So why are we here?
Well...we're here because our nation is in a difficult time - and in desperate need of real solutions to get Americans back to work - to create a sustainable economy that benefits not just the top 1% - but all Americans - and to make the United States competitive once again in the global marketplace. We're also here to discuss what ideas won't work - and why. Tonight - we'll set the record straight - and offer specific - and popular - policies that Congress and President Obama can get to work on immediately to get us back on track.
With Thom Hartmann in the studio:
Robert Borosage - the co-director of the Campaign for America's Future
Heather McGhee - is the Director of Demos' Washington office.
Leo Hindery - is the Chairman of the Economic Growth/Smart Globalization Initiative at the New America Foundation.
Natalie Foster - is the Co- Founder of Rebuild the Dream.
Robert Reich - former Secretary of Labor under President Bill Clinton.
- 13:07 Part Three - Teach in - How do we rebuild the American Dream?by TheBigPictureRT 505 views
- 12:44 Part One - Teach in - Why & how we almost plunged into a Great Depressionby TheBigPictureRT 1,277 views
- 13:08 Part Two - Teach in - The future of Americans w/conservatives controlling the economy?by TheBigPictureRT 545 views
- 12:04 Is the endgame for Greece the same for the US?by TheBigPictureRT 7,017 views
- 23:22 Secretary Clinton Delivers Remarks at USAID Town Hall Meetingby statevideo 1,300 views
- 1:40 OBAMA Strong Words To CHINA (Did He Just Declare WW3)by NewyorkerFan911 492,520 views
- 6:15 Corporate America has us Hooked on Methby TheBigPictureRT 2,473 views
- 5:10 Anonymous - Message to the American Peopleby anonymous04210 9,588,022 views
- 57:11 Full Show 2/21/12: The "National Teach-in to Take Back the American Dream" Specialby TheBigPictureRT 4,428 views
- 9:58 Teach In 4 of 11 Heather McGhee Part 1by kddavison125 1,118 views
- 11:37 The Radical Center Will Not Save Us...by TheBigPictureRT 846 views
- 6:58 If America is swimming in oil - why are gas pumps guzzling all your $$?by TheBigPictureRT 4,676 views
- 1:35:05 Social Movements in the Age of the Internetby lsewebsite 3,646 views
- 7:28 The Banksters like Stealing Candy from Little Childrenby TheBigPictureRT 3,209 views
- 7:43 Everything U Know is Wrong: Arrested - Get Bailed Out 101by TheBigPictureRT 545 views
- 2:10 Troops March on White House for Ron Paul 02/20/12by Mike Fulmer 182 views
- 8:56 How will the Budgetary Battle Shakeout?by TheBigPictureRT 240 views
- 13:28 Man Opens Plane Hatch for Babyby rhettandlink2 92,988 views
- 5:32 Is it time to lock up the oil?by TheBigPictureRT 496 views
- 57:56 Full Show 2/22/12: Super PACs now raising more money than the candidatesby TheBigPictureRT 1,052 views
- Loading more suggestions...