WikiLeaks Attorney on Manning Guilty Verdict: Blowing Whistle on U.S. War Crimes is Not Espionage
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 30, 2013
http://www.democracynow.org - U.S. Army whistleblower Bradley Manning was found guilty today of 20 charges in total, including espionage, but he was acquitted of aiding the enemy, the most serious charge. Michael Ratner, an attorney for WikiLeaks, appeared on the Democracy Now! special broadcast to respond to today's verdict.
"For him facing 136 years in jail for telling the American people what our government should have been telling us -- about torture centers in Iraq, 20,000 extra civilians killed in Iraq -- I find outrageous," Ratner says. "He shouldn't be put on trial. He is a whistleblower. The people that should be put on trial are the people who actually did those human rights violations."
Watch the full 90-minute special show at http://www.livestream.com/democracynow.
See all of our coverage of the Manning trial in our archive: http://www.democracynow.org/topics/br...
FOLLOW DEMOCRACY NOW! ONLINE:
Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/democracynow
Listen on SoundCloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/democracynow
Daily Email News Digest: http://www.democracynow.org/subscribe
Watch it live 8-9am ET via livestream at http://www.democracynow.org.
Please consider supporting independent media by making a donation to Democracy Now! today, visit http://www.democracynow.org/donate/YT
Standard YouTube License
- 59:46 Jeremy Scahill on "Dirty Wars" and U.S. National Security: VICE Podcast 009by VICE Featured 47,845
- 23:35 Yemeni Reporter Who Exposed U.S. Drone Strike Freed From Prison After Jailing at Obama's Request 2/2by democracynow4,288 views
- 12:54 Richard Wolff: Detroit a "Spectacular Failure" of System that Redistributes Pay From Bottom to Topby democracynow10,042 views
- 24:42 New Mideast Talks Hang on Old Question: Will U.S. Drop Support for Israeli Annexation of West Bank?by democracynow1,354 views
- 18:56 "Bradley Manning Has Become a Martyr" - WikiLeaks' Julian Assange on Guilty Verdict 2/2by democracynow8,373 views
- 1:56:37 WikiLeaks : LEAKED - U.N. Briefing On Alien God Arrivalby EmpiricalData774,065 views
- 59:29 BBC - WikiLeaks: The Secret Life of a Superpower (Ep. 1)by mmcetera1,067,910 views
- 1:36:12 CIA WhistleBlower Susan Lindauer EXPOSES Everything! "Extreme Prejudice"by amy2x .1,339,700 views
- 33:24 Whistle BLOWER- Secret Plot to NUKE parts of the USA Exposed!by John Doe66,834 views
- 1:03:35 WhistleBlower Head of FBI tells all from NWOby gkossatzgmxde92,178 views
- 1:16:20 CIA Whistleblower: Obama's Plans To Destroy US And Seize Power; 70 Agency DHS To Enforce Martial Lawby Bobby Powell85,875 views
- 50:55 The Wikileaks Documentary -- Full Versionby seattle4truth753,590 views
- 15:55 Bradley Manning Heads for Trial; No One Charged for Murdered Civiliansby TheRealNews60,996 views
- 45:02 WikiLeaks - The Forgotten Manby Luke McMahon23,151 views
- 8:59 Edward Snowden's Father Responds To Bradley Manning NOT Guilty Of Aiding The Enemy Verdictby MOXNEWSd0tC0M4,634 views
- 1:30:20 Jeremy Scahill on Democracy Now! - Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield [Both parts in one]by CryingWolf5720,662 views
- 12:08 Armed Military Police Looking Over The Shoulders Of Journalist Reporting On Manning Trialby MOXNEWSd0tC0M2,515 views
- 24:15 'Dollar valueless, about to crash' - World Bank whistleblowerby RT363,645 views
- 15:11 Julian Assange Interview 2013 On Edward Snowden on 'This Week': "Asylum is a Right We All Have"by ABC News178,987 views
- 9:40 Wikileaks - Can We Trust The Media? Julian Assange (26th July 2013)by TheMediaCorruption24,001 views
- Loading more suggestions...