Uploaded on Aug 31, 2011
Clear Liquid Diet Foods -- What and What Not to Include
From the name of the diet itself, a clear liquid diet is a kind of diet that has food and drinks that are clear enough for you to be able to see right through it. But this does not mean that your food and drinks should be transparent.
An example would be apple juice, it may not be transparent but it is still clear enough for you to be able to see right through it. This type of diet is not for long term use because it cannot provide the body with the needed nutrients.
What foods and drinks can be considered part of a Clear Liquid Diet?
A clear liquid diet does not necessarily mean that the food and drinks are transparent. But if you were advised by a medical professional to stick to transparent drinks and soups then you will have to abide as it could be part of your treatment or for a test. But for those who have no restrictions to the diet, the following clear liquid foods and drinks may be included.
● Clear juices such as apple juice, grape juice and cranberry
● Lemonade and lime but make sure to drink it without the pulp, fruit punch, mild tea (with no milk)
● Ginger ale, sprite, sparkling water
● Hard candy, ice, gelatin, popsicles, fruit ice without milk, honey
● Soups such as bouillon, broths, vegetable soup, chicken soup but be sure to strain it so that no solids are included, consommé
● Syrup, herbs, salt and mild seasoning can be part of a clear liquid diet
● Sports drinks such as Gatorade and Pedialyte which is an electrolyte drink for children
Standard YouTube License